PDA

View Full Version : Lower budget 10 round mags.

TKM
03-25-2006, 5:05 PM
My Dremel tool and I have just made a mess of my desk.

Kel-Tec SU16 mags can be turned into a 10 round AR mag with a little time and effort.

Fifteen bucks a whack from Kel-Tec, maybe cheaper elsewhere. I haven't looked yet.

Cheap, plastic, easy to work with, no chance of hurting anything of any real collectors value. Kind of like my ex... umm, never mind. Don't wanna go there.

You have to extend the mag catch cutout upwards a few mm. and thin out the back half of the baseplate where it slides onto the mag body. I ended up with a baseplate which is only supported on the front half. The mag body itself fits up into the magwell at the rear.

Good, bad, ugly?
Maybe, maybe, not so much.

Just experimenting with what I've got on hand. YMMV

C.G.
03-25-2006, 5:18 PM
My Dremel tool and I have just made a mess of my desk.

Kel-Tec SU16 mags can be turned into a 10 round AR mag with a little time and effort.

Fifteen bucks a whack from Kel-Tec, maybe cheaper elsewhere. I haven't looked yet.

Cheap, plastic, easy to work with, no chance of hurting anything of any real collectors value. Kind of like my ex... umm, never mind. Don't wanna go there.

You have to extend the mag catch cutout upwards a few mm. and thin out the back half of the baseplate where it slides onto the mag body. I ended up with a baseplate which is only supported on the front half. The mag body itself fits up into the magwell at the rear.

Good, bad, ugly?
Maybe, maybe, not so much.

Just experimenting with what I've got on hand. YMMV

Never had much luck with the Kel-Tec mags. The first set was popping rounds out and Kel-Tec sent me new ones. The new ones were popping rounds only on warm days.:rolleyes:

CWatson
03-25-2006, 5:21 PM
Here are some 10 rounders by CProducts that are about $15 each and should be available starting next week.

[http://cproductsllc.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00171.2.1348376415200010078?]

CWatson