PDA

View Full Version : 870 Wingmaster build, how would you do it?

JGarrison
03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Buddy asked for some help refurbing an old 870 Wingmaster he has had in his closet for 10 years. Wants to turn it into a good HD weapon. How would you guys go about building it, if it was yours and you had the money? He wants to do all the work himself, and not send it off to Wilson or anything like that. So, build away! Oh and post some links to some good online pages to buy everything you add;)

nosewitdot
03-24-2006, 11:40 PM
does it not work? otherwise for HD i think it's good enough as it is. it depends on what your buddy wants to do with it. does he want the pistol grip stock and have it tactical'd out? or does he like the plain jane shotty. it's all preference.

JGarrison
03-25-2006, 8:51 AM
does it not work? otherwise for HD i think it's good enough as it is. it depends on what your buddy wants to do with it. does he want the pistol grip stock and have it tactical'd out? or does he like the plain jane shotty. it's all preference.

He just wants something a little more manageable I believe, and also to have that "coolness" factor to it. So yeah, pistol grip etc.

6172crew
03-26-2006, 3:33 PM
I have a Wingmaster I bout in 85-86 that I just bought a Police barrel for. It works great for HD but there isnt a pistol grip or flashlight, mag extention. Just a plain old 870 WM.

I bought a M1 benneli for the tactical room broom.:D

glen avon
03-27-2006, 8:47 AM
call hans vang

Matt-man
03-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Get either the 18" police barrel or the 20" rifle-sight barrel.

Get a good mag extension from Scattergun or Vang.

Get a Sidesaddle.

The typical Wingmaster forearm won't clear a 6 round Sidesaddle. You can find walnut stock sets from 870Ps on ebay for little money, and the forearm on these will clear the Sidesaddle. Or, if he wants a light, put a Surefire forearm on it.

If he wants a pistol grip stock, look at the Knoxx SpecOps.

triaged
03-27-2006, 4:48 PM
Get a 18.5" barrel, a mag. extension, and call it good. If he doesn't ever want to use it for hunting or clays shortening the stock would be nice too. ghost Hole sites would would be my choice for sites.

Scotto
04-07-2006, 1:15 AM
last time I checked the barrells were almost as much as buying a whole new gun. I say buy a HD shot gun when they go on sale at turners..
but then again I only have 17 posts..........