PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Handler -Lockheed Martin Corporation

smeatme
06-05-2010, 9:10 AM
good luck

https://www.longbeachvos.org/jobbanks/jobdetails.asp?session=jobsearch&geo=&oescode=&ordernum=163164BR&src=CRP&zip=90815&radius=10&geotype=zip&city=&idnum=17240047&keyword=&site=LockheedMartinCorpor

Rooftop Voter
06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
thanks for posting!

Corbin Dallas
06-13-2010, 3:32 PM
I expect everyone and their mother to apply for this position regardless of the pay...

winnre
06-13-2010, 3:35 PM
Specific Job Description This requisition is in support of the Non-Guard Service (NGS) Program.

The Weapons Handler is responsible for the accountability, issue, receipt, cleanliness, maintenance and serviceability of all weapons and ammunition as well as any non-lethal weapons, and personal protective equipment for which custody is assigned.

The Weapons Handler performs frequent inventories of all weapon, ammunition, and other items in their custody, alerting security and law enforcement personnel of any discrepancies.

The Weapons Handler is responsible for non depot-level maintenance of weapons.

The Weapons Handler may be required to support security training and law enforcement personnel on the use and care of weapons to include qualification and re-qualification training. The Weapons Handler maintains inventory levels, reordering when necessary. The Weapons Handler issues, receives, maintains, and restocks weapons, ammunition, non-lethal weapons, and personal protective equipment to security and law enforcement personnel from armories and ready-for-issue facilities.

The Weapons Handler is required to carry and handle weapons, drive a vehicle transporting weapons or ammunition or explosives in performance of their duties.

Weapons Handlers may be assigned to and/or required to support Range Operations including performing the duties of Line Coaches or Range Safety Officer (RSO) and other duties attendant to the safe operation, training support, administration and general appearance and routine cleanliness of the ranges.

All personnel must comply with Lockheed Martin and customer required standards of conduct and employment suitability criteria including but not limited to physical, grooming, and uniform standards.

All personnel may be required to support operations on other than “normal shift” including second and third shift, rotating shifts, split shifts and shifts that start or end at odd times as well as Saturday, Sunday and holiday operations.

All personnel are required to certify to meeting the requirements of the Lautenberg Act.

All personnel are subject to random drug/alcohol screenings.

Standard Job Description Weapons Handler

Scratch705
06-13-2010, 6:52 PM
where is this, and what kind of qualifications.... would be nice to be a paid weapons handler.... heh

KillZone45
06-13-2010, 7:30 PM
Applied! It said to have a minimum of two years in weapons handling, etc. I don't quite meet their req's but I applied anyways, cant hurt:D

Rooftop Voter
06-13-2010, 8:23 PM
Desired skills: Department of Defense (DoD) related experience and understanding of security processes and procedures. Possess a valid commercial driver’s license, Possess a valid and current state or Federal issued weapons permit. Possess current and valid Federal, State or NRA certifications for firearms instructor, Range Safety Officer or similar qualifications. Prior military police or law enforcement experience.

What is current state or federal issued weapons permit? Isnt the CA Dangerous Weapons Permit only given AFTER you are hired by a company like this??? Anyone know how that goes down?

Corbin Dallas
06-13-2010, 9:55 PM
Desired skills: Department of Defense (DoD) related experience and understanding of security processes and procedures. Possess a valid commercial driverís license, Possess a valid and current state or Federal issued weapons permit. Possess current and valid Federal, State or NRA certifications for firearms instructor, Range Safety Officer or similar qualifications. Prior military police or law enforcement experience.

What is current state or federal issued weapons permit? Isnt the CA Dangerous Weapons Permit only given AFTER you are hired by a company like this??? Anyone know how that goes down?

As far as I could tell, they're really looking for an ex-GM or equiv...

Doubt any civi would get the job, but it never hurts to try.

Rooftop Voter
06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Corbin Dallas - yep, I bet you are right... DANGIT!
Either a GM, MP/SP, or a few others that they put in there. Well I dont really meet their requirements but that didnt stop me from applying for all 6 locations!!!!! lmao
I've applied to Vons, Stone Brewery, Catepillar,SDMTS, and at least 15 different delivery/warehouse/driver jobs off of craigslist --- I mean somethings gotta give eventually RIGHT?!

Jason_2111
06-16-2010, 7:28 PM
Holy cow.... I think they're looking for me.
I'd probably have to take an 80% pay cut though.

Amy idea where this is located?

Jason_2111
06-17-2010, 8:29 AM
argh... postings are for SoCal... no chance of getting the wife to move. :(

Rooftop Voter
06-17-2010, 7:12 PM
There are 14 positions between Naval Base San Diego, Coronado, Fallbrook, China Lake, & El Centro.

1911whore
06-18-2010, 9:34 AM
I cant find the job ??

Rooftop Voter
06-18-2010, 1:27 PM
http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/searchall.aspx