PDA

View Full Version : Turn "60 minutes" on to the Lower situation?

yiha
03-24-2006, 2:31 PM
Hi,

In light of this whole getting the word out on the ar/ak ban, i thought the other day that the tv shot 60 minutes might be a good way to broadcast this info.

I recall they did a peice on the 50BMG before it was banned, and it was obvious that their opinion on it was that it should be banned emediately and that they did not see any practical use for it, etc, and they went on about how it could shoot down airplanes in takeoff and so on.

Maybe they are anti-gun out of nature and would jump on info like this?
just a thought.

blacklisted
03-24-2006, 2:36 PM
The rest of the country could care less about these "california legal lowers".

yiha
03-24-2006, 2:46 PM
it seems they did care to some extent here in california - wich is the place we are trying to accomplish something in.

blacklisted
03-24-2006, 2:48 PM
it seems they did care to some extent here in california - wich is the place we are trying to accomplish something in.

They use California as a "proving ground" for new anti-gun tactics and legislation. An example of this is the .50 BMG ban.

EBWhite
03-24-2006, 2:48 PM
why would you want to tell them?
They first of all will either not care or do something to harm us. The backlash put on the DOJ might cause them to pull a sks buyback....

Why do you want to register these? So they have your name and know YOU bought lowers?? Makes no sense. Granted, handguns are registered but these lowers are more in the grey area according to DOJ. dont push it

rssslvr
03-24-2006, 2:55 PM
personaly i could care less if they list or not.I am happy just to have a better rifle than a fab 10 or vulcan.If they list i will register if they don't oh well but you can be sure if the media gets word and starts brodcasting stories about this every anti-gun group in Ca. will start talking s***
EBWhite you are probably right.
i don't want to give anyone any ideas

bwiese
03-24-2006, 3:49 PM
why would you want to tell them?
They first of all will either not care or do something to harm us. The backlash put on the DOJ might cause them to pull a sks buyback....

Why do you want to register these? So they have your name and know YOU bought lowers?? Makes no sense. Granted, handguns are registered but these lowers are more in the grey area according to DOJ. dont push it

Dude, you are SO unclear on the concept it's pitiful. Your political naivete is stunning.

They cannot pull an SKS thing either on this. These laws are clear, esp after Harrott.

Also - If you bought any handguns in the last 20 years, and probably from rifle sale info too, they know you have guns.

These are not in the grey area. We'd be in jail otherwise.

http://www.lockyersguns.com

gs3608
03-24-2006, 4:03 PM
It seems that California is the only state really looking at the issue with any interrest. As far as the rest of the country's concerned, when the AW ban sunsetted and anarchy didn't erupt as many anti-gun lobbyists had hoped, it basically became a dead topic.

Rumpled
03-24-2006, 4:19 PM
Even if 60 minutes was interested, I think they could bring too much attention and negativity to our cause.

EBWhite
03-24-2006, 4:21 PM
Dude, you are SO unclear on the concept it's pitiful. Your political naivete is stunning.

They cannot pull an SKS thing either on this. These laws are clear, esp after Harrott.

Also - If you bought any handguns in the last 20 years, and probably from rifle sale info too, they know you have guns.

These are not in the grey area. We'd be in jail otherwise.

http://www.lockyersguns.com

No, you have the basic idea but your a little off base. Also, the attitude could be a little less noticable :rolleyes:

Anyways, The DOJ can try and do an SKS buyback. I never said they have the legal authority to do so but they can try anything they want. Look at the whole not giving back personal property. Until someone challenges them in court, they can try whatever they want.

Handguns are not as high of a target as so called Assualt weapons. I know our names are on the 4473 forms and handguns are registered to a name, but the DOJ has to work to find out who we are (meaning who bought these lowers). If they are listed, all they need to do is walk over the to file cabinet and then pull some BS and force those later to remove them from the state or turn them in...You never know, it might not happen but it is always possible. And , yes the lowers are perfectly legal to you and me, but to the DOJ, they fill the grey area for them. Look at the romak 991/romak 3 issue (different weapons but they say the 3 is banned!)

I'm not going to be rude back, i do thank you for helping get these lowers into CA but you need to step back and check out what could happen. The DOJ will pull anything, unless they are challenged in court, they are the authority!

Bacon
03-24-2006, 4:23 PM
"It seems that California is the only state really looking at the issue with any interrest. As far as the rest of the country's concerned, when the AW ban sunsetted and anarchy didn't erupt as many anti-gun lobbyists had hoped, it basically became a dead topic."

Really? Maybe you should ask the folks in Chicago, New Jersey, NYC, Mass, Maryland, Hawaii and few other cities/states. They even had a confiscation in New Jersey a few years ago.

gs3608
03-24-2006, 4:27 PM
If anything, it would leave the CaDOJ with egg on their faces. After all, we're not breaking any laws here despite the opinions of the anti gun coallition.

StuckInCA
03-24-2006, 4:48 PM
No, you have the basic idea but your a little off base. Also, the attitude could be a little less noticable :rolleyes:

Anyways, The DOJ can try and do an SKS buyback. I never said they have the legal authority to do so but they can try anything they want. Look at the whole not giving back personal property. Until someone challenges them in court, they can try whatever they want.

Handguns are not as high of a target as so called Assualt weapons. I know our names are on the 4473 forms and handguns are registered to a name, but the DOJ has to work to find out who we are (meaning who bought these lowers). If they are listed, all they need to do is walk over the to file cabinet and then pull some BS and force those later to remove them from the state or turn them in...You never know, it might not happen but it is always possible. And , yes the lowers are perfectly legal to you and me, but to the DOJ, they fill the grey area for them. Look at the romak 991/romak 3 issue (different weapons but they say the 3 is banned!)

I'm not going to be rude back, i do thank you for helping get these lowers into CA but you need to step back and check out what could happen. The DOJ will pull anything, unless they are challenged in court, they are the authority!

Your "friendly" DOJ has already started photocopying DL's and 4473's... Who's to say they wont CONTINUE this...And put it all in that file cabinet.
The 4473 has WHAT you bought, WHEN yout bought it. "But I sold it to some guy off CG.NET"... Well, what FFL did you do the transfer at? "Well, I did a FTF in Arizona with a guy". Prove it, wheres the contact info?

Just cause they SAY they don't know, doesn't mean they really don't know.

-Andy

EBWhite
03-24-2006, 5:25 PM
Well, in the end, unless you register them you could have distroyed them and threw them in the trash or stored them out of state at a secret location. Burden of proof on the DOJ to prove you wrong.

However, if registeration is enacted, it would be wise to register them.

StuckInCA
03-24-2006, 5:36 PM
In a court room, with 12 of the dumbest people who could NOT get out of jury duty, do you really think the burden of proof is on DOJ to prove YOU don't have it anymore, when they have a 4473 stating you have it?

Think about it..

"Its in my super secret underground bunker in Arizona!" Prove it..

"Uhhh I sold it to a man named Joe Smith..!" Prove it...

"I destroyed it and made a nifty hat...?" Prove it..

Far fetched...? Again, this IS California..

-Andy

blacklisted
03-24-2006, 5:40 PM
In a court room, with 12 of the dumbest people who could NOT get out of jury duty, do you really think the burden of proof is on DOJ to prove YOU don't have it anymore, when they have a 4473 stating you have it?

Think about it..

"Its in my super secret underground bunker in Arizona!" Prove it..

"Uhhh I sold it to a man named Joe Smith..!" Prove it...

"I destroyed it and made a nifty hat...?" Prove it..

Far fetched...? Again, this IS California..

-Andy

If they don't have any evidence that you still have it in your possession, how could they proceed? The case would probably get tossed.

EBWhite
03-24-2006, 5:53 PM
Now, if you tell them "i dont have them anymore they are at my super secret loveshack in AZ or i distroyed the others," they will try and get a search warrant. Now, if they do and they dont find anything, then they have no case. If they do, you can kiss your butt goodbye.

StuckInCA
03-24-2006, 6:00 PM
Now, if you tell them "i dont have them anymore they are at my super secret loveshack in AZ or i distroyed the others," they will try and get a search warrant. Now, if they do and they dont find anything, then they have no case. If they do, you can kiss your butt goodbye.

are they with your 2pac cds EB? :D

-Andy

EBWhite
03-24-2006, 6:08 PM
LOL. No, i stay away from rap music! It was an example, i can remember when i was a kid all over TV these goons were buying 2pac cds by the box fulls when he died.

White guys like myself listed to country and rock.

dwtt
03-24-2006, 8:17 PM
Informing the media is a horrible idea. The media, especially 60 minutes, is antigun and they will twist the story around. You'll hear a story about a "loophole" in California's gun laws that allow what should be illegal evil assault weapons into the state. The DOJ will be cast as the knights in shining armor who will ride to the rescue of innocent soccer moms and their son Timmy who are endangered by these evil assault weapons. The media will propose a solution to ban all semiautomatic rifles. Don't think this can't happen.

Surveyor
03-24-2006, 8:29 PM
LOL. No, i stay away from rap music! It was an example, i can remember when i was a kid all over TV these goons were buying 2pac cds by the box fulls when he died.

White guys like myself listed to country and rock.

I'm a redneck and I have some Mettalica, Hank Jr. and some 2Pac in my mp3 player. It all depends on my mood. By the way, 2pac isn't really dead, he's rapping under a different name. ;)