View Full Version : MGI's finally figuring out they're overpriced

06-04-2010, 2:19 PM
So, some folks may recall the MGI modular magwell lowers that a few of us bought back during the "TWO WEEKS!" thing. The idea of spending $500 on a modular magwell AR lower was so that post-ban, we could go ahead and do different calibers on it - and at the time, they were "certainly" coming up with a 308 magwell for it. Also, when you figure regular lowers cost $250 after DROS back then, $500 for quick-change magwells looked pretty good.

It's 2010 now though, and they've more or less kept the same prices since 2006. MGI doesn't really run much in terms of sales, which is one reason they're not really that well known at present.

Anyway, they held a 10% Memorial Day sale and were astonished to see that a bunch of people started buying their stuff. Well, they're running it a couple more weeks now, so anyone (like me) who already has some MGI stuff and wants to finish up a rifle or two... here's your chance.

For my part, I'll soon be using one of my MGI lowers with AK-47 mags.

06-05-2010, 2:05 AM
Wow does anyone own this?

06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
yes :)

06-06-2010, 5:34 AM
yes :)

How do you like it? And do you have any youtube videos?

06-06-2010, 10:29 AM
How do you like it? And do you have any youtube videos?

He didn't say the he owns one - just that someone does. :p

06-07-2010, 8:57 AM
I am in the same position as our moderator Grammaton76. Went on a buying binge early in 2008, then a slower process of acquiring additional equipment.

Most difficult, at least for the AK variant, was finding firing the proper bolt and firing pin as well as the barrel, which I believe are now solved.