PDA

View Full Version : Doj Is Worthless

EBWhite
03-22-2006, 4:07 PM
Okay, i send my .50 cal reg in. They get it and they cannot tell me on the phone if it was accepted or denied. Thats all i want to know. I don't want to wait for the letter. I paid them 25 bucks and i want to know now. Well, the answer is they are too busy. I think im gonna go buy another lower for payback. :-)

gosh, the doj is worthless

blacklisted
03-22-2006, 4:11 PM
Maybe they're busy updating the Kasler list. :D

Roboshred
03-22-2006, 7:41 PM
Okay, i send my .50 cal reg in. They get it and they cannot tell me on the phone if it was accepted or denied. Thats all i want to know. I don't want to wait for the letter. I paid them 25 bucks and i want to know now. Well, the answer is they are too busy. I think im gonna go buy another lower for payback. :-)

gosh, the doj is worthless
They are slow as is with almost all governmental agencies. I registered my 2 AW's and it took several months before my form showed up in the mail. I also sent the info. certified mail so I'd have recourse against them if they did the old" we never got it". They'll do it at their usual pace. RB

artherd
03-22-2006, 7:50 PM
You sent it certified right?

Rumpled
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
DOJ turned around my .50 BMG registration in under two weeks at the end of January. I'd expect it would take a little longer now, as we are getting closer to the deadline.
You should hear from them one way or another fairly quickly.

As much as I despise the existence of the laws, administrativley the DOJ is really fast.

EBWhite
03-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Yes, i sent it certified mail. It was delivered on the 20th. I wanted to see if they accepted it so if not, i'll resubmit before the deadline.

adamsreeftank
03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I sent mine return receipt certified, and the paperwork arrived from the DOJ the same day as the return reciept. Maybe 5 days total.

mdhpper
03-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Same here, I turned in mine about two weeks ago & got my letter within 5 days. I also called to check the status & the person on the phone was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend calling again, you might be lucky and find someone nice this time.

tenpercentfirearms
03-23-2006, 4:51 PM
Figures, I sent mine in a big envelope with two $37 cent stamps and no tracking whatsoever. I got it back in a week! I think maybe they screw with the people who make them sign for things. You should have sent it 10th class mail and you would probably have it back already. :D