PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks after turning it in...

Overkill
03-21-2006, 7:23 PM
My CCW showed up in the mail! Pretty quick turn-around, especially since I was expecting it to take 6-8 weeks (based upon what the Sheriff's department said).

For those curious, I live in Butte County.

shopkeep
03-21-2006, 8:00 PM
My CCW showed up in the mail! Pretty quick turn-around, especially since I was expecting it to take 6-8 weeks (based upon what the Sheriff's department said).

I swear man... they need to have CCW reform like no tommorrow in this state. Some counties are shall issues but others like mine, even if you are a business owner who routinely carries $1,000+ in cash through the ghetto, it is neigh impossible to get!

FreedomIsNotFree
03-21-2006, 9:22 PM

Can you tell us the reasoning you used? I'm very curious as to the justification. Tell us a bit about the process you used. Congratulations!!

Overkill
03-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Butte county is almost "shall issue" (at least the county Sheriff is- the local Police Chief is not as giving).

The state minimums are all that are required- take a 4 hour long class including an exam and qulification fire, and then submit your application and processing fee.

We were told during our class that simply putting "personal protection" is no longer a justifiable reason for obtaining a permit.

My reasoning was simple- I travel alone, and often times my travel takes place during very early mornings or late nights in fairly remote areas.