PDA

View Full Version : Turkey opens on Saturday

pieeater
03-21-2006, 6:18 PM
Anyone going?

Roboshred
03-21-2006, 6:21 PM
I will be hunting at the True Grit ranch :)

theseacow
03-21-2006, 8:44 PM
i hopeully will be.

moulton
03-21-2006, 9:04 PM
Camping on friday night and hunting the next day:D . This 'll be my first hunting trip other than rabbit hunting in Utah ( got 1/2 a rabbit). COW MOUNTAIN ;)

Rumpled
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Can't make it out until at least tax weekend, and that's iffy 'cuz my truck might be taking a dump.
If anyone scores in SD county, let me know where.

I've spent maybe 15 days in the turkey woods in the last 10 years and never seen a turkey in season. But I know a lot of nonhuntable land I've seen them on out of season.

pieeater
03-22-2006, 7:14 PM
I'll be hunting a ranch in Lake county on opening.

http://www.fototime.com/A8E0BAEFBCD3F31/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/B92E0A079C94026/standard.jpg

moulton
03-25-2006, 5:01 PM
well I just got back:mad: ... I left at 5:00 am and got up to cow mountain around 6:00am, It was raining, I started up the dirt road and I decided to turn around because I saw a slide developing :( . So I then went to some moore BLM land in Clear Lake (cache creek) and drove up and down the roads looking for a clearing. When I finaly found a clearing and started hunting it started raining, then hailing, then it just got soaking, then it dried out. I kept on hunting for 2 hours, ate lunch. Then I talked to a ranger who was poassing by, he said he hadnt seen turkeys around the area for a couple months:mad: :o . I packed up and drove home... I will have to go another weekend to cow mountain

Pthfndr
03-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Al

Wish I had my camera with me at work today. I took a vehicle for a road test down the frontage road which dead ends. Scrub brush and gullies at the end. When I got to the end what did I see?

Three (3) great big old turkeys milling around at the edge of the pavement. I pulled right up to them and had to honk the horn to make them get out of the way so I could turn around :D

Made me think of this thread. Too bad I didn't have a shot gun.

moulton
03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
:eek: :mad: I hate you:mad: :mad:

pieeater
03-28-2006, 7:04 PM
Hey Al

Wish I had my camera with me at work today. I took a vehicle for a road test down the frontage road which dead ends. Scrub brush and gullies at the end. When I got to the end what did I see?

Three (3) great big old turkeys milling around at the edge of the pavement. I pulled right up to them and had to honk the horn to make them get out of the way so I could turn around :D

Made me think of this thread. Too bad I didn't have a shot gun.

Rob, I see that on my way back from hunting every trip.:D
http://www.fototime.com/BD0FC01E002E786/standard.jpg

pieeater
03-28-2006, 7:06 PM
well I just got back:mad: ... I left at 5:00 am and got up to cow mountain around 6:00am, It was raining, I started up the dirt road and I decided to turn around because I saw a slide developing :( . So I then went to some moore BLM land in Clear Lake (cache creek) and drove up and down the roads looking for a clearing. When I finaly found a clearing and started hunting it started raining, then hailing, then it just got soaking, then it dried out. I kept on hunting for 2 hours, ate lunch. Then I talked to a ranger who was poassing by, he said he hadnt seen turkeys around the area for a couple months:mad: :o . I packed up and drove home... I will have to go another weekend to cow mountain

+1 on that the weather sucked. Skunked on opener, hopefuly this weekend is better.

pieeater
04-11-2006, 5:43 PM
Got a good one last weekend 10 1/2 beard and 1 1/8 spurs. Shot a pig too.

moulton
04-12-2006, 8:43 PM
when does the spring season end... might not be able to get out again if it ends soon:mad: