PDA

View Full Version : who's answering the e-mails?

stan
05-30-2010, 10:40 AM
I sent one with the following question:

I noticed in the last e-mail you guys sent out that you're selling $169 drum magazines for the ar-15. My question is are the parts of those interchangeable with the beta c-mag? I've got a couple around that have broken and it would be cool to be able to pick up parts kits for $169 rather than having to source beta parts.

and here's the reply i got:

Yes in stock ,orders are placed via the web site as we cover in the how to buy section, we do not know about parts interchangeability

a snarky reply answering questions about stock and how to order (which i never asked) and then a simple "we do not know about parts interchangeability". not even a hypothesis? i'm sure someone at atlantic has some idea, and the brisk replies don't do much in the way of service :(

so if someone else knows whether the $169 drum mags parts are interchangeable with the beta c-mag, that would be great!

Atlantic Firearms
05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
There was nothing SNARKY we were covering the bases letting you know they were in stock and that we did not know about the parts compatibilty . The next customer email we normally get is asking if they were in stock so we thought we would be informative and let you know they were ready to ship . We also get approx 400 emails daily and try to return them as quickly as possible and often do not have time to get into a detailed email so we try to answer the questions short & sweet , we are also taking personal time to answer your email on Sunday of Memorial day weekend when our office is normally closed .

Atlantic Firearms
05-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry we did not want to offer a hypothesis about the parts issues and give you incorrect or misleading info , the drums appear to be an exact copy of the Beta C drums but again we do not want to get into the trap of saying they will interchange.

jamesob
05-30-2010, 3:22 PM
so are these in a rebuild kit?

stan
05-30-2010, 6:58 PM
There was nothing SNARKY we were covering the bases letting you know they were in stock and that we did not know about the parts compatibilty . The next customer email we normally get is asking if they were in stock so we thought we would be informative and let you know they were ready to ship . We also get approx 400 emails daily and try to return them as quickly as possible and often do not have time to get into a detailed email so we try to answer the questions short & sweet , we are also taking personal time to answer your email on Sunday of Memorial day weekend when our office is normally closed .

understood, thank you for the quick reply. this is good service! i see that it was not meant how i took it, and am glad to be proven wrong. you guys have done right by me in the past (ak parts kit) so i am glad to have had this discussion to clear up what was a misunderstanding on my end.

so the question is, will you sell these as a rebuild kit? i understand you can't make any promises about the parts interchanging, but at $169 i think its worth a try. would be really cool if you guys could do that, since the only other options are getting beta stuff (i dont know of any vendors with such a good priced item).