PDA

View Full Version : What to do with this?

unimog_88
03-20-2006, 6:18 PM
One of my friends purchased two Superior Arms stripped lower from an out of state dealer. What he got were two receivers with AUTO marking. What to do with such receivers? These receivers are semi-auto only.

Don't just tell my friend to surrender these receivers to you.:)

xenophobe
03-20-2006, 6:19 PM
Keep them and register them when they're listed.

shopkeep
03-20-2006, 6:20 PM
Don't let anyone from the DOJ catch ya in the meantime because they have confiscated these as well as Global AKs with third stops. There is _NOTHING_ unlawful about these so as long as he hangs onto them until they're registered and the dust settles he'll be fine. I'd just avoid building them up into rifles and shooting them until they're registered.

Mr. Ed
03-20-2006, 7:21 PM
I saw some Superior Arms lowers at Gunrunners with the "auto" markings. I wanted one, but was told that only LE can purchase them eventhough they're only semi-auto.

EBWhite
03-20-2006, 7:25 PM
Gunrunners is a bunch of scared babys that give bad info. Just because they say something, doesnt mean they are right...

These are legal. However, if the dealer gets audited while they are on the ten day wait (doubtful), they might take them to see if they are full auto. The find out they are not but still wont give them back.. typical...