PDA

View Full Version : For Sale forum

newnavy101
03-20-2006, 4:56 PM
Just a suggestion to break up into northern California and southern California so we can check local listings.

TonyM
03-20-2006, 5:49 PM
Just a suggestion to break up into northern California and southern California so we can check local listings.

It's getting better now, more people are actually posting their location in the title. If we seperated it the activity would be low, and many of the items for sale don't need to be a FTF transaction, only handguns no longer listed as "safe".

Black Majik
03-20-2006, 7:53 PM
I dont think we have enough traffic to constitute two separate forums. Plus I like to know whats available in California, not just Norcal and Socal.

I'd like to keep it the way it is. Once you start breaking up forums, it'll induce less traffic. More traffic is always a good thing :)

GTKrockeTT
03-20-2006, 8:53 PM
keep it all together, just if you're from "south bay" in northern california, don't forget that there's also one in southern california...so post accordingly. ;)

rkt88edmo
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM

This should go in the first post hall of fame.

grammaton76
03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I don't know if it can be scripted or not in this forum software, but it would be great if it wouldn't let you post a thread in the "for sale" forum if your locale is blank in your profile. Anyone who wants to fill in "nowhere" or something still can, but I think a lot of people have the locale blank just because they don't think about it.

m1371
03-21-2006, 3:44 AM
I don't know if it can be scripted or not in this forum software, but it would be great if it wouldn't let you post a thread in the "for sale" forum if your locale is blank in your profile. Anyone who wants to fill in "nowhere" or something still can, but I think a lot of people have the locale blank just because they don't think about it.

There should also be a requirement for a certain amount of (quality) posts before someone can start a thread in the F/S sections.

Just a thought.

GTKrockeTT
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
There should also be a requirement for a certain amount of (quality) posts before someone can start a thread in the F/S sections.

Just a thought.

that doesn't bother me as much as members who only visit/post on calguns just to sell stuff.

newnavy101
03-21-2006, 2:13 PM
This should go in the first post hall of fame.
I am not quite sure I get what you mean. It was a suggestion and on other CA specific forums where there is a for sale section there is a northern and southern CA forum. I was looking through the for sale section and I couldnt tell if it was a local sale or not. It was only a suggestion.

Jeff Rambo
03-21-2006, 7:25 PM
I doubt two separate forums will do much good as others have pointed out but that decision is ultimately with Ramon. However, more enforcement of the rules in place and the rules being more visible as well as to the point will get things headed in the right direction. I just became a moderator for that forum recently and will be stepping up more frequently to deal with some of the spam related posts. My main objective is to round up and shoot all you NorCal guys that frequently list "South Bay" with no indication that it is NorCal. Talk about a pet peeve! Well, I'm just kidding... I think. But seriously, we need to get a better hold of locations being posted in your threads. In the meantime, keep reporting posts that do not belong and I will deal with them accordingly.

If there are other things bothering any of you, let me know.

TonyM
03-21-2006, 7:35 PM
My main objective is to round up and shoot all you NorCal guys that frequently list "South Bay" with no indication that it is NorCal. Talk about a pet peeve! Well, I'm just kidding... I think. But seriously, we need to get a better hold of locations being posted in your threads. In the meantime, keep reporting posts that do not belong and I will deal with them accordingly.

Hey now! There's 3 to 1 SoCal posts to NorCal posts in there... and 9 times out of 10 we have to beat the seller up to find out where they are!!! Down with SoCal!!! :D ;)

Schlamoo
03-21-2006, 8:59 PM
TonyM, I say them Southern boys better be nice or we'll just turn off thier water........;)

jmlivingston
03-21-2006, 9:22 PM
Might want to edit the sticky in the "Firearms Accessories" forum, it references commercial sales but only as it applies to the "Firearms for Sale" forum....

John

Omega13device
03-21-2006, 10:48 PM
My main objective is to round up and shoot all you NorCal guys that frequently list "South Bay" with no indication that it is NorCal. Talk about a pet peeve! Well, I'm just kidding... I think.

It's an honest mistake. A lot of people in the SF Bay Area haven't spent time in LA and don't know there's a South Bay down there too.

Jeff Rambo
03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
It's an honest mistake. A lot of people in the SF Bay Area haven't spent time in LA and don't know there's a South Bay down there too.

That comment was typed while laughing just in case anyone missed the just joking.

grammaton76
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
TonyM, I say them Southern boys better be nice or we'll just turn off thier water........;)

Don't make us take our stabilizing votes away, and let you guys spin off into hippieland with SF and Sac. :)

jdberger
03-22-2006, 9:09 PM
SoCal has a Bay?
I mean like a real bay. Not a teeny divot on the coast.
FWIW, the wife and I were watching "Gone in 60 Seconds" and the final scene with the Shelby and the bridge came up and my wife thought that Nick Cage had driven all the way to NorCal. "They have bridges in Los Angeles? Why?":D

jmlivingston
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
SoCal has a Bay? I mean like a real bay. Not a teeny divot on the coast.

Um, yeah... It's called San Diego Bay. :D There's even an area there that's referred to as South Bay. But I'll confess, it took me a long time to realize that there was a South Bay in L.A. too!

John

jdberger
03-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Um, yeah... It's called San Diego Bay. :D There's even an area there that's referred to as South Bay.
John

Oh.

I thought that was Tijuana....;)

Blue
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
What about just a generic for sale forum? I've often had a 4x4 or tools that I've put up on craigslist and sold to complete weirdos when I would have rather gave a fellow gun nut a killer deal.

socal57chevy
04-21-2006, 9:09 PM
I have some new UPS units I'd like to trade for firearm accessories. Is it OK to post them in the accessories forum with a list of suggested trades?

Nevermind...done deal.