PDA

View Full Version : FRANKLIN ARMORY "California Model" AR

franklinarmory
05-27-2010, 6:02 PM
Franklin Armory is now shipping the "California Model" Homeland Security Carbine HSC-15 to California FFLs. What separates our product from the rest of the field is that we have decided to be proactive about producing and marketing our firearms in a manner that, educates and informs our end-user customers. (Not all AR buyers are as up on the laws as Calgunners are.) For instance, all of our HSC-15s are produced with the admonishment "10 Round Magazine Maximum" engraved on the right side of the magazine well. This extra effort is designed to keep civilian end-users from accidentally committing a felony by installing a large capacity magazine.

Also inscribed on the lower receiver is the phrase “California Model” and the Federally mandated location of manufacture, “Morgan Hill, Ca.” These two inscriptions help law enforcement officers to quickly identify unaltered Franklin Armory products as California compliant firearms.

Since Franklin Armory specializes in the manufacture of AR rifles for the California market, we believe that our comprehensive Safety Manual is better tailored to inform end-users about their rifles and responsibilities while in California. Furthermore, we asked (former NRA counsel) Jason Davis of Jason Davis & Associates review, edit, and approve the Safety Manual specifically for the HSC-15 specifically for use in California.

It may also be possible that other AR products manufactured out of state and then retrofitted for resale in California by a third party have possibly not been sold with a California DOJ Certified lock, which is a violation of Penal Code section 12088.1. Since the fine for even displaying a rifle for commercial sale without a certified lock is $1000, we contracted with certified lock company to provide Franklin Armory a California DOJ Certified lock for every firearm we sell.

The Retail Price on the HSC-15 is $1125. The full spec can be found at our website www.franklinarmory.com Dealer inquiries are most welcome. :)

MILLITIAof1
05-28-2010, 1:51 AM
how much of a discount do calgun members get?

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 6:36 AM
how much of a discount do calgun members get?

PM Sent.

DougJ
05-28-2010, 7:12 AM
all of our HSC-15s are produced with the admonishment "10 Round Magazine Maximum" engraved on the right side of the magazine well.

So featureless builders need not apply... ;)

It getting bad when my own rifle is "admonishing" me though. :confused:

It does sound like a good idea for those interesting in a fixed magazine weapon, and it's awesome that you guy are knowledgeable and willing enough to build specifically for the CA market.

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 7:34 AM
So featureless builders need not apply... ;)

It getting bad when my own rifle is "admonishing" me though. :confused:

It does sound like a good idea for those interesting in a fixed magazine weapon, and it's awesome that you guy are knowledgeable and willing enough to build specifically for the CA market.

Well, you could. The idea is to provide protection for the customers that may not be as knowledgeable. There is no law that says you can't turn it into a featureless build, but we are selling complete, full feature, rifles, not just lowers. We want to provide some overt disclaimers on the firearm so when you are pulled over by Mr. LEO, he has to think twice before hassling you about what he may think is an AW.

You probably won't be happy about the maximum strength (aka "Red Death") Loctite on the BB either. :43: Again, we want to reduce the liability for our dealership customers. This in turn will provide greater acceptance in the marketplace for the AR platform. The NSSF is really promoting the AR platform for sporting purposes, and now we can provide Ca dealerships that were too afraid to jump into the AR pool a way to do so with a lot less risk. I hope you understand. :)

DougJ
05-28-2010, 8:25 AM
I totally understand the direction you're going here and I applaud your efforts in this regard. :clap: For me however, having the 10 round statement on the receiver would be uncomfortable with a 30 rounder stuffed in there!

The debate in CA between featureless and neutered AR's will go on until the laws change in this state. I stand on the featureless side of the argument so I can run magazines the way I want. I just thought I'd bust on ya a little bit! I hope you don't mind. :p

drs2714
05-28-2010, 8:47 AM
Thank you for helping CA!
Now lets talk barrel.And what about bolt?
1x9 chrom moly 4140 is that the best you have.
Alot of us are past those spec.
Thats perfect for a newbie just starting but what do you offer for those of us who have had a driver license for for twenty plus years.
1x7? chrome lined? 4150?MPI?
FF rails.There are alot of guys selling alot of AR's now and they all are starting to open their eyes about CA and realized that we are a large market and a huge money maker.We aren't beggers but pathfinders.You being in CA should know this.Especially here on CALGUNS.I don't want to bring you down but maybe help you push you harder.I'm sure you have explored Calguns and seen that we are not handicap.Thank you for your effort.

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 9:00 AM
We'll be happy to meet the market with what it wants, but it might cost a little more. We can do 4150 and 1x7 twists, but we're trying to appeal to as broad of a market as possible. :)

cackinthebox
05-28-2010, 9:38 AM
So you only sell to FFL's? Looks like you have some sort of store front by Nob Hill, do you sell any accessories or anything else?

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 9:51 AM
We have dealers in Gilroy and San Jose that can handle that for you. We have an industrial zoning that MH does not want us to retail out of without a conditional use permit. Most dealers we work with provide a good array of accessories.

Sugacookie
05-28-2010, 9:52 AM
So you only sell to FFL's? Looks like you have some sort of store front by Nob Hill, do you sell any accessories or anything else?

+1 to that. I live 4 mins from there.. I hope you do decide to become an FFL. Morgan Hill (If thats the Nob Hill im thinking) Is with out a Gun Store.....

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 10:07 AM
We thought about doing a gun shop too since the gunworks quit, but we were not sure the market would be there. At this point we're reticent to compete with our own dealers.

Btw, the gun exchange is carrying our products now too. So we suggest you contact collectors escrow in gilroy or the gun exchange in sj. Those are the two closest dealers to mh.

Joe
05-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Glad to see another manufacturer out here supporting us.

HokeySon
05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Yipppeeeee! Applaud your efforts. Will put on my list to buy one of these (unfortunately the list is long already).

evidens83
05-28-2010, 7:51 PM
So what happens when CGN finally defeats the ridiculous 10rnd limit law ;)

thedrickel
05-28-2010, 7:57 PM

Then you have a collectors item.

ambiguous216
05-28-2010, 8:45 PM
what is the calguns price?

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Thedrickel's line is pretty funny, but the real answer is that we'll change over to build ARs with Beta C Mags and spend less time "Admonishing!" :D

The reality is that nothing will legally obligate you to only use ten round magazines IF AND WHEN the law changes. Nothing would prohibit you from taking this firearm to a free state an using a 30 rounder.

Notorious
05-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I would buy from a Morgan Hill business as long as they stand up for the rights of the 5 high school students who got suspended over them wearing the American Flag tee shirts and shorts on May 5th.

franklinarmory
05-28-2010, 11:23 PM
what is the calguns price?

PM Sent.

franklinarmory
05-29-2010, 7:09 AM
I would buy from a Morgan Hill business as long as they stand up for the rights of the 5 high school students who got suspended over them wearing the American Flag tee shirts and shorts on May 5th.
Well Sir, the flag and the constitution still mean something to me. Anyone that knows me knows that I appreciate the inalienable rights granted to us by God and articulated to us in the constitution. The first thing I did when that happened was write an email to a friend of mine on the MH School Board demanding that the principal be fired! (...insert the smiley for things that really get ya mad!....)

Arias
05-29-2010, 7:51 AM
Any chance you guys would be willing to sell a stripped lower?

TKM
05-29-2010, 7:54 AM
It may also be possible that other AR products manufactured out of state and then retrofitted for resale in California by a third party have possibly not been sold with a California DOJ Certified lock, which is a violation of Penal Code section 12088.1.

I suppose it's possible.

Since the fine for even displaying a rifle for commercial sale without a certified lock is $1000, we contracted with certified lock company to provide Franklin Armory a California DOJ Certified lock for every firearm we sell.

How so?

Display laws?

franklinarmory
05-29-2010, 8:39 AM
Any chance you guys would be willing to sell a stripped lower?
We've given a lot of thought to this question. The Gun Exchange in San Jose brought this up to us first. The answer is that we will do Complete Built Lowers, but not stripped lowers. The built-out lowers come with a BB installed and a 10 round C-products magazine.

franklinarmory
05-29-2010, 9:11 AM
Display laws?I had another question about this yesterday, and I suppose I need to clarify. Let me just say that this is a layman's interpretation and I am not an attorney.

The first point is covered under the following section...

12088.1. (a) All firearms sold or transferred in this state by a
licensed firearms dealer, including private transfers through a
dealer, and all firearms manufactured in this state, shall include or
be accompanied by a firearms safety device that is listed on the
Department of Justice's roster of approved firearms safety devices
and that is identified as appropriate for that firearm by reference
to either the manufacturer and model of the firearm, or to the
physical characteristics of the firearm that match those listed on
the roster for use with the device.

There is an exemption for this section in the following...

12088.1 (d) The sale or transfer of a firearm shall be exempt from
subdivision (a) if both of the following apply:
(1) The purchaser or transferee owns a gun safe that meets the
standards set forth in Section 12088.2. Gun safes shall not be
required to be tested, and therefore may meet the standards without
appearing on the Department of Justice roster.
(2) The purchaser or transferee presents an original receipt for
purchase of the gun safe, or other proof of purchase or ownership of
the gun safe as authorized by the Attorney General, to the firearms
dealer. The dealer shall maintain a copy of this receipt or proof of
purchase with the dealers' record of sales of firearms.

It gets more complicated, though...

12088.15. (a) No person shall keep for commercial sale, offer, or
expose for commercial sale, or commercially sell any firearms safety
device that is not listed on the roster maintained pursuant to
subdivision (d) of Section 12088, or that does not comply with the
standards for firearms safety devices adopted pursuant to Section

If a non-certified lock is part of the sale, then just "exposing for commercial sale" could be a violation of the penal code. The penalty for violating 12088.1 is covered under...

12088.6. Any violation of Section 12088.1 or Section 12088.3 is
punishable by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000). On the second
violation of any of those sections, the licensed firearm manufacturer
shall be ineligible to manufacture, or the licensed firearm dealer
shall be ineligible to sell, firearms in this state for 30 days, and
shall be punished by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000). On the
third violation of any of those sections, a firearm manufacturer
shall be permanently ineligible to manufacture firearms in this
state. On the third violation of any of those sections, a licensed
firearm dealer shall be permanently ineligible to sell firearms in
this state.

As I read through this, I would suggest that a dealer that is selling an AR that was retrofitted out of state for Ca use may be in violation of this section IF they are selling or displaying a rifle for sale that is sold with a non-Cal DOJ certified lock. The dealer may have more protection from this section if they sell it without a lock at all (so long as they record proof that buyer is exempted by having a safe.) But, if they sell it with a non-certified lock, they stand the potential to have an issue. Dealers of Franklin Armory products will never have this problem. In addition, our safety manual is California specific. Another MFG that didn't plan to sell their rifle in Ca might have left out pertinent information that the end-user might not be aware of. Not all AR owners are Calguns regulars (though they should be.)

Wicked K5
05-29-2010, 2:16 PM
FRANKLIN ARMORY "California Model" AR

Is that you, Jay? Great to see you on here promoting your products and getting more dealers signed up. I'll PM you for some more info on your offerings. Also, I've got some bad news on the UTV rack...

-Joel @ Gilroy M/C Center

franklinarmory
05-29-2010, 2:30 PM
FRANKLIN ARMORY "California Model" AR

Is that you, Jay? Great to see you on here promoting your products and getting more dealers signed up. I'll PM you for some more info on your offerings. Also, I've got some bad news on the UTV rack...

-Joel @ Gilroy M/C Center

Hey you're not shopping online while at work, are ya?;)

I'll be by this week. Take care! :)

choprzrul
07-02-2010, 9:36 AM
I just had the opportunity to see the work of Franklin Armory at my local gun shop. Very nice work sir, my hat is off to you. I 100% agree with you that the best way to swing voters in our favor is to place these wonderful black rifles in voters hands. I am very happy to see that you and your company take the time to research laws and regs and have a desire to help joe average stay in compliance. I hope that my presence in the shop didn't hurt your chances. I was hoping that my interest would help convince the owner to put one on his rack.

Best of luck and may the sun shine on your endeavours.

tenpercentfirearms
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
e-mail sent! (aka bump)

Wherryj
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
PM Sent.

Am I able to get a PM as well? I have to know price before I even decide to get this through "the committee".

franklinarmory
07-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I just had the opportunity to see the work of Franklin Armory at my local gun shop. Very nice work sir, my hat is off to you. I 100% agree with you that the best way to swing voters in our favor is to place these wonderful black rifles in voters hands. I am very happy to see that you and your company take the time to research laws and regs and have a desire to help joe average stay in compliance. I hope that my presence in the shop didn't hurt your chances. I was hoping that my interest would help convince the owner to put one on his rack.

Best of luck and may the sun shine on your endeavours.

Actually, customers are always helpful! Some shops have more foot traffic than others, but sometimes there are five or six fellas standing there! What I like to hear is what configurations and calibers the folks are looking for and what they don't like. The best way to understand the market is to meet them and listen. So thank you for being there! :)

franklinarmory
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Am I able to get a PM as well? I have to know price before I even decide to get this through "the committee".
PM Sent

Wherryj
07-06-2010, 2:45 PM
Hmmm, I didn't get the PM. Glitch on the forum?

tenpercentfirearms
07-08-2010, 2:29 PM
I just got in two of these rifles. If you want to come check them out, 1277 Kern Street in Taft. I am really impressed with these rifles. And the price of $1125 is great. Seriously come give them a look.

hawg09
07-08-2010, 6:31 PM
Just bought a Franklin Arms Cal AR from Equity Arms in the SF Bay Area. Very nice work, good quality...thx! Highly recommend this one. I also got a legal (Letter exemption) Colt Match AR way back when. I also understand Franklin Armory is working on some "new" stuff...can't wait!!!!

NorCalDustin
07-08-2010, 7:11 PM
Looks like a good, well priced rifle... I would love for one of my local FFL's to get a couple of these in-stock so i can checkout...

franklinarmory
07-12-2010, 9:16 PM
Just bought a Franklin Arms Cal AR from Equity Arms in the SF Bay Area. Very nice work, good quality...thx! Highly recommend this one. I also got a legal (Letter exemption) Colt Match AR way back when. I also understand Franklin Armory is working on some "new" stuff...can't wait!!!!
Thanks for the props Hawg09! Customer comments and satisfaction are what it's all about. It'll make or break any company!

...And NorCalDustin, just PM your favorite dealer and I'll give them a call and/or stop by to see if they'll carry our hardware.

tenpercentfirearms
07-22-2010, 9:25 PM
Jay from Franklin Armory came by my shop today and it was a real pleasure talking with him.

He showed me some of his plans for his AR15 pistols and I am genuinely excited. These pistols are going to be nice and be a great price!

Now that I think about it, now I just have to see if he can hook me up with a 7" upper for my existing pistol lower. Or maybe I will just have to buy another!

I seriously can't wait.

franklinarmory
07-23-2010, 7:15 AM
Jay from Franklin Armory came by my shop today and it was a real pleasure talking with him.

He showed me some of his plans for his AR15 pistols and I am genuinely excited. These pistols are going to be nice and be a great price!

Now that I think about it, now I just have to see if he can hook me up with a 7" upper for my existing pistol lower. Or maybe I will just have to buy another!

I seriously can't wait.

Given our product line and jurisdiction, I had to pay homage to THE GUY that was insightful enough to tell the DOJ that ARs can be legal in Ca. While ARs are ubiquitous now, Wes had the BIG BRASS CAJONES to risk his freedom on what he thought was right. God Bless Him!

I must say, he also has a VERY well stocked shop full of ARs, uppers, and accessories. If you're in the market for one and live anywhere near by, you should definitely pay him a visit. Heck, even if you're running up I-5, he's not too far off the path.

tenring
08-11-2010, 6:28 AM
We just met with Jay yesterday, and I can tell you that this guy is "in the game" to stay. Very nice products and willing to put his a** (and money) on the line to better serve our market.

For those that are considering the purchase of an AR, but are worried about the gray areas, here's your rifle:

Quality components
Made in California, for California
Local factory support for warranty/legal issues
Good value for $$$

We signed up as a dealer immediately, so if you want to know more, come and see us.

Let's spread the word guys, and thank you for your efforts Jay!

Yuba
08-11-2010, 7:14 AM
I saw one of your products at Reed's in Santa Clara last week. I was surprised and excited to see a well made California product that was identified as such.

I applaud you and good luck with your business.

franklinarmory
08-12-2010, 9:04 PM
We just met with Jay yesterday, and I can tell you that this guy is "in the game" to stay. Very nice products and willing to put his a** (and money) on the line to better serve our market.

For those that are considering the purchase of an AR, but are worried about the gray areas, here's your rifle:

Quality components
Made in California, for California
Local factory support for warranty/legal issues
Good value for $$$

We signed up as a dealer immediately, so if you want to know more, come and see us.

Let's spread the word guys, and thank you for your efforts Jay!
Hey Jason, Thanks for the kind comments. You are definitely THE AR shop in Norcal. Besides Franklin Armory, you definitely have a lot of different manufacturers for your customers to chose from!

And YUBA.... Customer satisfaction is what it is all about. Fit and finish mean nothing without someone to appreciate it. We're happy Reed's picked us up. They're a good company and are definitely a high volume shop!

Hydrogenmaker
09-19-2010, 5:21 PM
Doing my part, on my way home from the uniquely AMERICAN game of FOOTBALL (my son's team in ECYF), I stopped by Dom's in Livermore. Happened upon a nice little carbine by way of Morgan Hill and our friends at Franklin Armory. Decided that another uniquely AMERICAN pasttime needed to be played, seeings how it was so close to Constitution Day and all (and I hadn't even read it last week). Paid for, papered, just waiting for my 10 day cooling off period to complete. Told my son had his team won that day, the need to purchase a gun on the way home would have not been necessary:43:
Next week should see the boy put forth more effort on the old gridiron, as I pick up the black beauty a few days later, and it has him worried!!!!:D

Of course, he knows I'm just kidding with him. He's looking forward to hittting the range for some practice on Dads new gun.

Thanks Franklin Armory, great looking gun, and I for one LOVE the markings on the lower. Of course, I'm third gen Kalifornian, so, the brain washing is nearly set in on my feeble brain!

BanjoGunner
10-29-2010, 9:00 AM
I had a chance to hold this rifle yesterday and liked it quite a bit. I also thought the price was reasonable and am leaning towards making the purchase.

Being new to the AR-15 world though I'm just wondering whether I'm sacrificing something significant in terms amenability to future modifications by opting for a preconfigured rifle like this as opposed to building one from scratch. Just as one example, would it be any more difficult to swap out the bullet button from this compared to a basic-level custom built rifle should they no longer be required in CA? Other limitations?

Thanks for your advice.

farias4000
10-29-2010, 1:56 PM
I've got to admit I was a bit skeptical to get something that's not Remington being a guy who loves Remington shotguns. I was in the market to add a 100+ Yard rifle in my collection to break free from trap and indoor range shooting with my sig. So I've been around the bay looking for a Remington 700 then I've been pushed towards a more modular (our generation) type of rifle. So I was convinced but not sold yet because of the $1500 price tag not to mention the extra accessories I needed to suit my needs which may have easily taken me up to $2500 easy. I looked around and found a AR for a little over 1000 which was this franklin bone stock. I was impressed with the price. Skeptical on who this was but once I took a closer look I've noticed the lower said Franklin Armory Morgan Hill CA (the next town over from me), and a very very similar name brand upper :) I was all game and purchased mine from reeds. Took it out on day one with a troy industries rear sight and made some adjustments. Day Two with everything dialed in at 50 yards this was the results:
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/cvcompucycle/107_9653.jpg
I never shot a .223 or rifle. I'm more of a pistol & trap shooter. I was impressed. Within the 3 weeks of owning this and constantly buying ammo, i've pushed a little over 500 rounds and some light cleaning I was impressed. Many of the LEO's been asking me who makes the AR and they are stumped at the performance after letting them shoot. They said I got a good deal at half of what they paid for theirs.

Bottom line, I cannot say much as I'm not an expert, but I have to say I saved plenty on an Franklin. Further more: it's made in California, California Edition (if this ban goes away who knows it may be a collector piece), obvious California Model stamped on it so LEO's should be able to know this is a legal AR, and it's a piece that I can talk about that is different than others use.

Either way I'm all for the local support of a Cali company. And I also wanted to shove the photo in your face to show off that nice EOTech I just put on there this morning with the extra money I saved :) I'm sure my experiences with the Franklin purchase will impress others. Thanks Franklin Armory you have one VERY HAPPY customer. If any of you CalGun members see me shooting the similar targets as shown in the photo with the EOTech on my AR and want to check it out feel free to say hi. I may look like an &55Hole but I'm a nice guy. Just say hi and let's talk about the AR. Maybe even shoot a few rounds if you like.

ALSO TO NOTE: I'm looking for a nice DD forearm rail for this carbine model i have. So if you are in the SF Bay and have a reasonably priced used (maybe new) hand guard, let me know.

franklinarmory
10-29-2010, 2:58 PM
I had a chance to hold this rifle yesterday and liked it quite a bit. I also thought the price was reasonable and am leaning towards making the purchase.

Being new to the AR-15 world though I'm just wondering whether I'm sacrificing something significant in terms amenability to future modifications by opting for a preconfigured rifle like this as opposed to building one from scratch. Just as one example, would it be any more difficult to swap out the bullet button from this compared to a basic-level custom built rifle should they no longer be required in CA? Other limitations?

Thanks for your advice.
Hi Banjo Gunner.

I saw this come through, and before I could say anything, Farias 400 commented. Wow! Thank you for the kind comments Farias. We're doing everything we can to make a very high quality firearm that doesn't cost an inheritance to own. I figure the more people that have one of our rifles, the more people that are going to vote like me. (Don't forget, that's coming up Tuesday!)

We're not looking to discourage the guy that wants to build one up from scratch. (...though I have to say that our Built Lower Receivers make life pretty dang easy.) However, if you want a warranty, manual, factory support, a test fired weapon, and statewide recognition as a legal firearm, our products are a great solution.

Now regarding the bullet button... I hate to tell you this, but I'm too much of a straight shooter.... We red loctite our BBs in. We do this partly for liability reasons and mostly to keep users from accidentally committing a felony with a "feature" build. It is not impossible to remove the BB, but it's not easy either. However, if it were to be removed, a regular magazine release could readily be installed.

Hope that helps....

BanjoGunner
10-29-2010, 4:41 PM
Hey farias4000,

Thanks for your comments. From the photo it looks like you opted for the HSC-15/M4; is that right? Can you tell me what you preferred about this configuration vs the HSC-15?

Also, I'm with you as far as supporting local companies.

And thanks for your comments as well franklinarmory. I appreciate your candor wrt the bullet button. In all actuality, I am unlikely to make any significant modifications, although the bullet button would go should it no longer be required here in CA, but for some reason I always tend to worry about it at least a bit.

And I find the points you raise about having a warranty, manual, factory support, a test fired weapon, and statewide recognition as a legal firearm to be pretty compelling.

I'm wondering, does Reed's offer any sort of discount to Calguns members? I'm starting to get kind of an itchy trigger finger...

farias4000
10-29-2010, 5:31 PM
@BanjoGunner;

No problem at all. Yes you are right, it is the hsc-15/M4. Honestly I just got what was on the shelf with no preference. Price was perfect. I didn't know there was a difference until I came home after the purchase to see what I got into. The M4 seems to be on the heavier side. Being heavier helps hold it down for recoil as well from what I hear.

Other things to factor in:
- I believe they are up and coming so they obviously will take pride in their work. So that's key!
- One point of contact should anything go wrong compared to building your own. Anything goes wrong, every part manufacture you got will blame each other furthering the delays of repair. Can't beat the fact you will be dealing with a CA Manufacture for issues.
- For me, being new and not really familiar with the AR or process of building one up, or even comfortable to build one up: Franklin Armory obviously built one up on a budget for me and you.

I don't know if Reeds does cal discounts. You'll have to ask them.

Jack L
12-07-2010, 5:17 PM
Just saw one of the Franklin Armory 'Ca Models' today at the local gun store in Paso Robles, CA. I've saving my $ for one. They are really well built, clean and ready to go for a person like me who does not want to alter it.

farias4000
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
@Jack_L

They are very nice and hold tight. I've scene some lowers that are out of wack and not true mil spec. The franklins hold the upper very snug with limited upper/lower movement. It's just right!!! Been shooting mine going on to the 4000 round mark, only 3-4 months old and still holds up very well.

In fact I shot this nice group recently with some hornady 55gr @ 100yd using what they built off the shelf (Franklin Carbine Model 16" barrel 1:9 twist) with exceptions to an aftermarket A2 style stock (not the collapsible type), Bushnell Trophy XLT, and free float barrel. No bipod just sandbags:
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/cvcompucycle/IMG00179-20101203-1023.jpg

As I've said it before, local support is key!!! These guys know their stuff.

franklinarmory
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/cvcompucycle/IMG00179-20101203-1023.jpg

Nicely Done! Like most chrome lined tactical rifles, our HSC-15 and HSC-15/M4 run about 1-2" at 100 yards. Sometimes with the right handloads, we can get the groups under an inch, and with a non-chrome, free float, HBAR, we can usually get 'em to shoot .5".

We just finished a custom project for a fella that wanted, among other things, an 18" Wilson trigger and barrel. I suppose I will get a report in about 10 days. :D It ought to be a real sweet shooter.

farias4000
12-08-2010, 6:52 PM
Thanks jay. And thank the other guy that was there when he mention a 1/4 turn on that upper tension screw on the franklin for that 20" upper. I haven't scene much of the other guys lowers with the tension screw but all they can say is to accuwedge their lowers which seems a little ghetto. Going on 4000+ rounds man :) I'm stoked about the rifles reliability you guys built. The shots above were all done within a 15 minute shooting period so that barrel was warm but not too hot. Kinda smile at the guys next to me with their more expensive ARs trying to get a nice group at 50yd and 100's. They should have got a Franklin.

pinkiewerewolf
12-28-2013, 1:08 PM
Hey all,
I know this is an older thread but I just picked one of these up in 5.56 from my local dealer, on sale, and before the Jan. crapola begins. (along with a Savage Arms Hog Hunter in 308.)
It is noticeably lighter than my Sig 556 SWAT patrol and I'm going to have some fun outfitting it and getting it to the range.
Cheers to Franklin Armory and to Pacific Outfitters for carrying these beauties.
Now, what to dress it in!?!

manny mata
02-22-2014, 2:18 PM
This is kind of an old thread i'm sure probably lots as changed, nonetheless i'm in the process of building my first AR15 i'm here finding as much info as possible before i start the build. Was pleased to see i had a lower and upper receiver manufacturer locally!, i was excited about that. I found out about you guys through Lockys firearms store in Morganhill, which is an awesome gun shop by the way. since i am so close to you guys is there a locals discount or a secret word to get a good deal since were locals?:D not trying to cheap you guys out but i am a little thigh on cash as a lot of people. It would be kool to build my AR with all local products, i know you guys sell complete AR15 already made but i want to build my own, seems like a lot of fun.:cool2: again this is my first gun and my first ever build and i'm excited about it.

franklinarmory
02-22-2014, 2:39 PM
Hi Manny. Yes, Lokey is a very good customer. They must be treating their clients well because they are always jam packed when we deliver product!

Really, we let the dealers set the final retail pricing. We sometimes have sales on components (not firearms) on our webstore, but really we cherish the relationship with our dealers and try not to step on their toes.

Building your own is fun. Just be sure to have authoritative directions from a quality source or friend that knows what they are doing.

Gardian
03-04-2014, 7:13 PM
Ok so I was in Paso robles today at bridge sportsman's on the shelf with the AR's sat two un familiar rifles turns out there franklins..on further inspection found them to be a hsc 15 and an htf ... the htf really got my attention so home I went to research...[ nice feedback] Now I have seen in one of your videos I saw a 308 upper u can single fire ,,,so I guess my question is if I bought either of these rifles can they handle this upper[ probably the htf ] an and what and were can I acquire this 308 upper and at what cost.... looking forward to this adventure ...

franklinarmory
03-04-2014, 7:33 PM
We haven't been promoting the 308 upper much because it isn't very popular and it is often hard to explain what it is. ...but yes, we can build you one.