PDA

View Full Version : Droid or Incredible?

Bug Splat
05-27-2010, 9:39 AM
I'm do for an upgrade through my company and they have given me the OK to get any phone I want. I'm a little torn between these two phones. I like the Q-keyboard on the Droid but that Incredible has a nice camera. Correct me if I'm wrong but they run the same andriod version right? When I compare them on Verizons site they stack up about the same.

So, which should i get and why?

sfwdiy
05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
The Incredible has a substantially faster processor and more RAM. That alone should be reason enough to go with the Incredible.

The Droid was an awesome phone for about ten minutes, then the Incredible dropped. If you can't live without a physical keyboard, you may want to wait for the Droid Shadow (http://gizmodo.com/5546986/motorola-droid-shadow-found-in-gym) to come out.

Unless you're a serious broke-a** don't buy old technology. It goes obsolete so quickly anyway. That, and if you're getting the upgrade price it's only $199 for the Incredible. Possibly $149 from amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/HTC-INCREDIBLE-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B003HC8NUW/ref=amb_link_352951662_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=02ZZWPMVVDTEF4XYP0CX&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1261114222&pf_rd_i=incredible) I'm not sure you can get that price with a renewal, possibly just with a new contract.

--B

leelaw
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Having a physical keyboard is a very important feature to me, and influenced my decision in the past two phones I purchased (E70 and whatever the prior version was with the flip-out keyboard).

Well, the E70 finally started falling apart after 4 years, and it came time to upgrade, and I wanted to switch to the Android platform. My two main contenders were the Droid and the Incredible. After weeks of hands on with both, I ended up getting an Incredible. The keyboard on the Droid, while it had better tactile feedback for key presses, and was less prone to fat-fingering or mistyping than the on-screen keyboard of the Incredible, was simply too small to tip the scales for me. Had they ditched the navigational pad, slid the screen higher, and made the keys larger, then it'd be a much harder decision.

Add that the Incredible has a processor that's almost twice as fast, and has lots more RAM, and I just had to choose the Incredible over the Droid.

Fantasma
05-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Incredible FTW!

I love mine.

Bug Splat
05-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Well its all clear now. Spent the past 1.5 hours watching review videos and the Incredible has a big leg up over the droid. I do like the idea of a physical keyboard but its not a deal breaker. My current phone is all touch and I have gotten by just fine. I had no idea the processor was twice as fast as the droid. Thats a huge gap. The Incredible looks to be the fastest smart phone in the market here in America even edging out the iphone.

I'm going to place my order right now for it. Thanks guys.

sfwdiy
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
After browsing some rumor sites, it appears that the Droid Shadow may not come with a 1ghz Snapdragon processor, or if it does it may be underclocked. Why they would do that, I have no idea. But again, just a rumor. Who knows, we'll see when the phone is released.

One thing that Motorola did right with the Droid is they had a good number of accessories ready to go when the phone was released. The car mount for the Droid is pretty effing cool. Makes a GPS in the car totally unnecessary. I know there are generic mounts that can be used for the Incredible, but nothing beats a well thought out accessory that's purpose-built for a specific device.

--B

GP3
05-27-2010, 11:39 AM
The original Droid is obsolete.

Bug Splat
05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Crap, its back-ordered till the 6/17 :(. Thats twice as long as a DROS. I guess I'll wait. :(

Fantasma
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Crap, its back-ordered till the 6/17 :(. Thats twice as long as a DROS. I guess I'll wait. :(

Good things come to those who wait. What that actually means is they guarantee that phone in your hand by that date. So if you order today you might get it next week but definitely by 6/17. The phone seems to be sold out everywhere.

I got mine on April 29 :D

One thing that Motorola did right with the Droid is they had a good number of accessories ready to go when the phone was released. The car mount for the Droid is pretty effing cool. Makes a GPS in the car totally unnecessary. I know there are generic mounts that can be used for the Incredible, but nothing beats a well thought out accessory that's purpose-built for a specific device.

--B

That's what happens when phone's have been out for a long time, lots of accessories. Give the incredible some time it was just released a month ago, and Verizon has just begun to market it like crazy.

Bug Splat
05-27-2010, 1:09 PM
Good things come to those who wait. What that actually means is they guarantee that phone in your hand by that date. So if you order today you might get it next week but definitely by 6/17. The phone seems to be sold out everywhere.

I got mine on April 29 :D

Yeah, I figure its worth the wait. I'm not a very patient guy when it comes to new toys but for the best, I'll wait. I'm a little bummed that I wont get it before my vacation next week but thats the way it is. Now I have 20 days to find the apps I want and the accessors to go with it :D

trapshot68
05-27-2010, 1:23 PM
Don't feel bad. I have to wait till August till i'm eligible for a phone upgrade....

shellyzsweet
05-27-2010, 1:33 PM
Cant wait to upgrade my phone! I have a BB storm 1....WORST PHONE EVER!!! I can upgrade 2 months prior to contract renewal and at that time I'll look at the incredible. My friend has a droid and it seems cool, but its HUGE! and wayyyy to thick for me....so if the incredible is like that too than I'll pass and go get an iPhone....but if I get it and I'm impressed I might not go to AT&T, also depends on if the iPhone is released to verizon...dunno.
Verizon has a better network, except voice and data at the same time is important to me and they don't do that....yet?...ever?? dunno.
At&t DOES voice and data, and has the iPhone....but the iPhone doesn't offered insurance if its stolen....
....The incredible is gonna need to be just that...incredible...to keep me with verizon tho.

LHC30
05-27-2010, 1:41 PM
from all my friends who have the Incredible, the battery life is on the short side...be forewarned to keep it near a charger.

leelaw
05-27-2010, 10:21 PM
from all my friends who have the Incredible, the battery life is on the short side...be forewarned to keep it near a charger.

Boom! (http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-Battery-Droid-Incredible/dp/B003602HIO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1275027615&sr=8-1) 1750 mAH battery with the same form factor as the factory Incredible (1300 mAH) battery.

CelticRanger
05-28-2010, 5:32 AM
HTC do tend to shorter battery life but the Incredible is just hands down a better phone. I'll get one next month with my new contract.

bombadillo
05-28-2010, 6:27 AM
Don't feel bad. I have to wait till August till i'm eligible for a phone upgrade....

Likewise! I have to wait till august to get out from under sprint. I have to say even my little samsung instinct was faster for web at the local level than any of my friend's iphones though.

Nick1236
05-28-2010, 7:25 AM
anyone look into the Nexus One? I'm jsut about due for an upgrade through t-mobile. I've been stuck with my G1 for a while now. Over all good phone but I want something faster.

GP3
05-28-2010, 7:38 AM
anyone look into the Nexus One? I'm jsut about due for an upgrade through t-mobile. I've been stuck with my G1 for a while now. Over all good phone but I want something faster.

Now with the Incredible and soon to be Evo, the Nexus One is turning into the Droid: Obsolete. Even Google admitted it. They no longer support the Nexus One.

Google has put down its hammer and announced "we are no longer investigating further engineering improvements."

http://gizmodo.com/5521919/nexus-one-3g-bugs-no-longer-of-interest-to-google

ChrisTKHarris
05-28-2010, 8:24 AM
Is the Incredible a 3G or 3.5G?

Fantasma
05-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Boom! (http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-Battery-Droid-Incredible/dp/B003602HIO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1275027615&sr=8-1) 1750 mAH battery with the same form factor as the factory Incredible (1300 mAH) battery.

Bingo!

I ordered the same one.

Marsoc1
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Now with the Incredible and soon to be Evo, the Nexus One is turning into the Droid: Obsolete.

I dont agree with that, nexus one is still faster and better than the droid. Plus the Froyo 2.2 update, it puts Nexus way ahead of the droid. Theres a reason y google uses it as the tip of an arrow for 2.2 update and i dont doubt theyll do it again with the gingerbread update. Nexus one is a great phone and its still no where near obsolete as the Droid, it sits on top with its siblings as kings per carrier.

qoodoo
05-28-2010, 3:50 PM
the incredible hands down blows the droid out of the water...not even close.

plus the touch screen keyboard is actually the best I've used.

Warhawk014
05-28-2010, 11:04 PM
the nexus one is a great phone, but its more of a developers phone than anything else. and the nexus will get all the software updates before any other droid. incredible wont see froyo untill at least mid/late summer at the earliest. but froyo for the nexus is just around the corner. some people have it already. as for the nexus being obsolete, not for a little while. im thinking maybe september or october, then we can say its truley obsolete. by then who knows what might be out. scorpion anyone?

69daytona
05-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Wait a few more weeks and the droid 2 will be out, wife works for Verizon and has been playing with it already and says its 2 times faster than the incredible.

sfwdiy
05-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Wait a few more weeks and the droid 2 will be out, wife works for Verizon and has been playing with it already and says its 2 times faster than the incredible.

Twice as fast as the Incredible? Based on what? What kind of processor is in it? What OS? 2.2 is substantially more efficient, but comparing a phone running 2.2 to a device with 2.1 is apples to oranges.

Until I see actual benchmarks I'm not buying it.

--B

ChrisTKHarris
05-29-2010, 1:03 AM
Twice as fast as the Incredible? Based on what? What kind of processor is in it? What OS? 2.2 is substantially more efficient, but comparing a phone running 2.2 to a device with 2.1 is apples to oranges.

--B

+1 Anymore info?

leelaw
05-29-2010, 1:05 AM

--B

You should check the benchmarks for 2.1 vs 2.2. 2.2 is significantly faster on the same system running 2.1.

That said, given that the best info out there on the Droid 2 is an unsure hint as to the keyboard, and that they are mum on the internal specifications, I severely question the "twice as fast as the Incredible" claim.

Marsoc1
05-29-2010, 1:24 AM
If the droid 2 and shadow are either one in the same or release roughly around the same time, this benchmark can provide some insight

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/27/motorola-shadow-caught-blazing-benchmark-test/comment-page-1/

But as u can see, still doesnt beat Nexus on 2.2

Fantasma
05-29-2010, 9:10 AM
If the droid 2 and shadow are either one in the same or release roughly around the same time, this benchmark can provide some insight

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/27/motorola-shadow-caught-blazing-benchmark-test/comment-page-1/

Thanks, Can't wait to see my Incredible running 2.2 right now its super fast in all aspects, never takes long to load, never stutters or freezes everything is just FAST even if I am multi tasking various applications at once.. I don't even know If I need more power but I still want it!

Bug Splat
05-29-2010, 9:49 PM

Interesting stuff. I wonder how true to results are. The Nexus and Incredible have the same processor but the Incredible has a tiny bit more RAM. I bet they will perform very similarly on Froyo. The Inc might be running a little slower because it has HTC's Sense piggy backed on it.

jarhead995
05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
The original Droid is obsolete.

BS.

gadjeep
05-30-2010, 12:05 AM
On my Droid right now. Love it and if I ever need more power in a cellphone I need to reevaluate my priorities.

Cokebottle
05-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Razr

Seriously.

Verizon keeps bugging me to upgrade my phones.

I'm paying $70/mo for 2 phones, 700 minutes talk-only.
I could upgrade to talk and unlimited text for $100.

If I upgrade my phones, EVERY single phone available on the "new every 2" for my plan requires a $30 data plan.
2 phones... data plans are not shared, so that's another $60/mo for data.

Total with taxes and fees and crap would be very close to $200/mo.

One of the managers at work bought a "connected" phone and he hates it... can't bug out of the contract, and he's actually considering extending his retirement date because his contract is through the city (he pays anything over the basic voice plan) and he doesn't want to roll into a new contract and be stuck with the phone for another 2 years, and doesn't want to pay the early termination fees he'd have to pay if he just let the city contract expire when he retires.

He's been trying to find someone he can sucker into trading phones.

GP3
05-30-2010, 1:57 PM
BS.

You might want to inform Merriam Webster Dictionary.

to make obsolete by replacing with something newer or better; antiquate

ChrisTKHarris
05-30-2010, 2:02 PM
Our family made the switch yesterday from ATT to Verizon and we ordered 3 Incredibles. :)

Fantasma
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Our family made the switch yesterday from ATT to Verizon and we ordered 3 Incredibles. :)

:eek:

NICE!

Let us know how it goes for your family, I cannot believe how incredible the camera is, comparable to some point and shoot cameras. I really dig this phone.

ChrisTKHarris
05-31-2010, 12:30 AM
:eek:

NICE!

Let us know how it goes for your family, I cannot believe how incredible the camera is, comparable to some point and shoot cameras. I really dig this phone.

The phones are backordered and I should be receiving mine sometime after the 17th, the sales rep was a bit more realistic and said it most likely won't be until the 25th though. :(

I'll let you guys know!

MikeR
06-04-2010, 5:21 PM
We are ready to do this ourselves. The incredible seems to fit its name from the research and playing around Ive done at the V-store.

Thanks for the info about the droid2, the wife wants an actual KB, but i was worried about the droid1. The incredible is just so much faster.

Ive seen rumors about the iPhone 4g for Verizon is/was supposed be released sometime this month or next. keyword rumors I'm not an apple guy, so whatever, it will probably be $800 anyway, so unless it comes with strippers and a brass poll they can blow me.

ChrisTKHarris
06-04-2010, 5:47 PM
We are ready to do this ourselves. The incredible seems to fit its name from the research and playing around Ive done at the V-store.

Thanks for the info about the droid2, the wife wants an actual KB, but i was worried about the droid1. The incredible is just so much faster.

Ive seen rumors about the iPhone 4g for Verizon is/was supposed be released sometime this month or next. keyword rumors I'm not an apple guy, so whatever, it will probably be $800 anyway, so unless it comes with strippers and a brass poll they can blow me.

I highly doubt that VZ will get the iPhone 4G this next month or so. For one Verizon's network doesn't support the new 4G LTE technology yet, their earliest prediction is sometime in 2011. Also none of the big time hardware developers have begun production on any iPhone 4G type hardware.

MikeR
06-04-2010, 6:39 PM
Like i said rumors.

I have seen an iPhone 4G and supposedly Verizon is rolling out 4G in select markets this year. I looked for the links where i found this info. I'm not really interested enough for a diligent search again, i found this info after hours and hours of research looking for phones and stuff, as is, with internet research I stumbled across the info accidentally. I figure when its time to upgrade again in 2 years 4G will be full blast and phones might me reasonably priced.

ChrisTKHarris
06-04-2010, 6:41 PM
Like i said rumors.

I have seen an iPhone 4G and supposedly Verizon is rolling out 4G in select markets this year. I looked for the links where i found this info. I'm not really interested enough for a diligent search again, i found this info after hours and hours of research looking for phones and stuff, as is, with internet research I stumbled across the info accidentally. I figure when its time to upgrade again in 2 years 4G will be full blast and phones might me reasonably priced.

Agreed. When I picked up my iPhone 3G on launch day July 11th, 2008 3G was very limited in it's market. Luckily I was living in San Diego so it was already well instituted, but I would travel to other places and instantly get dropped down to 2G EDGE and it sucked. It's kind of like having a gun without ammo, it's useless to have a 4G network with minimal coverage.

JDay
06-04-2010, 9:32 PM

Not going to happen for at least two reasons.

1. AT&T has an exclusive contract with Apple that doesn't expire for at least another year.

2. Verizon has invested a lot of money into promoting the Android platform, remember all those "what iPhone can't Droid does" commercials?

Then there's also the fact that Apple will not allow any carriers include a custom UI or apps on the phone. Android is also a superior platform.

JDay
06-04-2010, 9:33 PM
I highly doubt that VZ will get the iPhone 4G this next month or so. For one Verizon's network doesn't support the new 4G LTE technology yet, their earliest prediction is sometime in 2011. Also none of the big time hardware developers have begun production on any iPhone 4G type hardware.

The iPhone that will be announced on Monday isn't even a 4G device, it just runs iPhone OS 4.0.

JDay
06-04-2010, 9:35 PM
Like i said rumors.

If you shop around you can get Android phones for $0.01 with a 2 year contract. You can also buy them for around $200 (no contract) if you don't mind having a slightly used phone. You should also look at the 4G benchmarks that have been done on the different networks, in many cases 3G is actually faster.

ChrisTKHarris
06-05-2010, 12:18 AM
The iPhone that will be announced on Monday isn't even a 4G device, it just runs iPhone OS 4.0.

Even more lame.

limitdown
06-05-2010, 2:18 AM
I will never buy another motorola phone again...

JDay
06-05-2010, 2:35 AM

Why not? They make good phones.

Fantasma
06-05-2010, 9:27 AM

The Incredible is HTC :D

gadjeep
06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I got Motorola Droids for my wife and I and we love them. Very stable, good battery life great signal, very fast 3G. No regrets here. Got them from WireFly for $29 each with no activation fee. Highly recommend.

ChrisTKHarris
06-07-2010, 6:46 PM
Nevermind, I'm going to sip the Kool-Aid once more and get an iPhone 4. :rofl:

GP3
06-08-2010, 9:31 AM
I can't believe a 32GB microSD card is 375$....

That turns the 199$ Incredible into a 575$ phone if you need that kind of memory.

If that wasn't the case, and Sprint had better coverage, the Evo would be in my pocket.

JDay
06-08-2010, 9:39 AM

That turns the 199$ Incredible into a 575$ phone if you need that kind of memory.

If that wasn't the case, and Sprint had better coverage, the Evo would be in my pocket.

Why would you need that much storage in a phone? Only thing I can think of is mp3's but why would you want to drain your battery listening to music? That's what an iPod is for.

GP3
06-08-2010, 9:51 AM
Why would you need that much storage in a phone? Only thing I can think of is mp3's but why would you want to drain your battery listening to music? That's what an iPod is for.

It would be for mp3s in a home or car dock system. More specifically, a car. One device for music (mp3/pandora/slacker), gps, and phone.

JDay
06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
It would be for mp3s in a home or car dock system. More specifically, a car. One device for music (mp3/pandora/slacker), gps, and phone.

Or you can just leave an iPod in it. Do they even make cradles for Android phones?

GP3
06-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Or you can just leave an iPod in it.

Ya, or I can get an iPhone that consolidates all of those features. I'm really trying to want an Android phone... I don't think it's going to work out for me.

Do they even make cradles for Android phones?

They do for the Moto Droid. (http://www.motorola.com/consumers/US-EN/DROID-Phone-Holder-US-EN.do?vgnextoid=5c0dcda87c704210VgnVCM1000008406b0 0aRCRD)

Fantasma
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM

WTF? Are you buying the card from verizon or what?

I'm Content with the 16GB from Newegg.com, also since the Incredible comes with 8GB interenally. That puts me at 24GB, not to bad. Which puts me at $260 for the phone.

But yeah, go and buy the 32GB for your massive collection of music to play in the car.

GP3
06-08-2010, 11:28 AM
WTF? Are you buying the card from verizon or what?

275$ for a 32GB flash memory card. My mistake... Which brings the phone to 475$. 175$ more than a comparable phone

But yeah, go and buy the 32GB for your massive collection of music to play in the car.

Why do I need your approval? :confused:

Fantasma
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Why do I need your approval? :confused:

:D

You just got it, cya.

GP3
06-08-2010, 12:05 PM
:laugh: thanks.

Sinixstar
06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
After browsing some rumor sites, it appears that the Droid Shadow may not come with a 1ghz Snapdragon processor, or if it does it may be underclocked. Why they would do that, I have no idea. But again, just a rumor. Who knows, we'll see when the phone is released.

--B

They underclock it for battery life. Most people won't notice the little bit of performance gain/loss from underclocking. The few who do, will probably be rooting/overclocking their phone anyways - so it doesn't matter.

You can overclock the droid to 1ghz as it is now. The processor handles it just fine (some even rumor that the processor was designed for that speed, but it was intentionally underclocked) - and it's fast as hell. The already sketchy battery life however, then goes completely down the toilet. If you overclock your droid, you WILL need to recharge your phone multiple times per day..

I think the bigger point to remember there - is just like the CPU Cycle War, or the # of Cores war in PC processors - computers are more then a few core specs. Same goes with phones. How useful/usable a phone is- will come down to a lot more then how fast the processor is...

leelaw
06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
After now having one for a day, the Incredible is clearly the better choice. this was a great purchase, and the screen keyboard is pretty good and just takes a little getting used to.

Alecks
06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
My incredible is back-ordered!!!

ChrisTKHarris
06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
My incredible is back-ordered!!!

I'm received three of them today!

I'm not keeping mine though, I ended up ordering an iPhone 4.

Alecks
06-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm received three of them today!

I'm not keeping mine though, I ended up ordering an iPhone 4.

when did you order? my order date is 6/6 the day BEFORE they announced iphone 4. I'm upgrading from a 3G ATT sucks where I live.

Marsoc1
06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
with the new droid x coming, i gotta switch my vote and go for that.
http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Verzion-Motorola-DroidX-5.jpg

TonyM
06-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Last week when I saw that the Incredible was rooted I was ready to upgrade from my Droid, but then decided to root my phone first and install froyo and some tools to tweak it.

Now, I'm happy with the Droid again, and it's running very stable at 1.25GHz. Here's a benchmark screenshot I took:

http://www.picturesbytony.com/FROYO_1250_benchmark.png

Not too bad if you want to tweak your phone, if you ask me. The Moto Droid has been around long enough that the root process and extras are all pretty easy to do, and work well, some other devices are a little more in the infant stage if you're modding.

I've installed a couple different keyboards, and the slurve keyboard is coming soon. I never use the harware keyboard personally, but I like that it is there.

I think it will hold me over until the real next-gen units come out.

Lulfas
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Wait and get a droid x

blisster
06-18-2010, 11:29 AM
HTC also layers their "SenseUI" over Android which gives it a bit more polish. However the drawback is that you can't upgrade your OS until HTC upgrades their custom UI.
The Incredible seems to be the current Android phone to go for, at least until the Droid X comes out in a few weeks.

ChrisTKHarris
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
when did you order? my order date is 6/6 the day BEFORE they announced iphone 4. I'm upgrading from a 3G ATT sucks where I live.

We ordered ours in late May.

sfwdiy
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM

+1. I have an iPod wired up under the dash in my truck. I control it from my Alpine head unit, and it's large enough to hold all my music and then some, a lot of which is lossless.

Putting music on my phone just wouldn't fly. 32 GB wouldn't hold half of my music collection.

I vastly prefer using a purpose-specific device that does a job well rather than trying to make one device perform multiple tasks marginally. Dealing with cherry-picking my music, plus the huge battery drain from playback makes music on my phone not worth it at all.

--B

GP3
06-21-2010, 6:47 AM
+1. I have an iPod wired up under the dash in my truck. I control it from my Alpine head unit, and it's large enough to hold all my music and then some, a lot of which is lossless.

Putting music on my phone just wouldn't fly. 32 GB wouldn't hold half of my music collection.

I vastly prefer using a purpose-specific device that does a job well rather than trying to make one device perform multiple tasks marginally. Dealing with cherry-picking my music, plus the huge battery drain from playback makes music on my phone not worth it at all.

--B

Too each their own. 'Cherry-picking' is standard practice. They don't make a 210 gig ipod.

Back on topic, the Droid X site is live: http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/

No official specs yet that I can see.

NCHogin
06-21-2010, 8:50 AM
That Droid X is huge...not sure i'm sold on that for a pocket phone, but i'm thinking my wife would like it since she carries a purse. This might be the key instead of getting her a ipad. So rumor is July 19th on this X?

evmo
06-21-2010, 9:08 AM
I was one of the first adopters of Android. I got my G1 on launch day and it's still with me. After about a year with the phone I was getting seriously bored so I rooted it and then loaded Cyanogens ROM. WOW what a difference! The custom ROM really uncorked that phone! Just the other day Cyanogen released 2.1 and it runs even smoother than 1.6 did! Had I stayed stock I'd still be stuck with an archaic OS. Now I'm sure to be happy till my contract expires in October and I can jump on the Android super phone wagon with you lucky guys :)

Juice5610
06-21-2010, 10:12 PM
MOTOROLA DROID X / Thread

ChrisTKHarris
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
That Droid X is TOO big. Hard to fit in your pocket, bulky and heavy. I played around with an Evo 4G and that thing is a boat. I prefer the size of the Incredible or iPhone.

FreedomIsNotFree
06-22-2010, 7:10 PM
I'm not sold on the Droid X just yet. I should be able to get my hands on it Sunday and will report back anything worth while.

Nick1236
06-22-2010, 7:52 PM
I was one of the first adopters of Android. I got my G1 on launch day and it's still with me. After about a year with the phone I was getting seriously bored so I rooted it and then loaded Cyanogens ROM. WOW what a difference! The custom ROM really uncorked that phone! Just the other day Cyanogen released 2.1 and it runs even smoother than 1.6 did! Had I stayed stock I'd still be stuck with an archaic OS. Now I'm sure to be happy till my contract expires in October and I can jump on the Android super phone wagon with you lucky guys :)

You wouldn't happen to be located down in SoCal would you? I have a G1, bone stock, and its pretty blah... been wanting to root my phone for a while.

lehn20
06-22-2010, 8:36 PM
By Xmas a DROID with 2GHZ processor will be available. So hold your horses.

ChrisTKHarris
06-22-2010, 8:57 PM

That's 6 months from now, in the mobile phone market that's an eternity.

Fantasma
06-23-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/motoroladroidx34.jpg

I already have the INC, so I cannot justify switching every month to the latest new phone.

These are the Advantages you get with the X.

Motorola Blur VS HTC Sense
4.3 vs 3.7
1Ghz Omap Processor(Better because uses less battery)vs. 1ghz snapdragon.
3 mics; video, noise cancelling, phone
Includes 16GB card
HD video Recording

So do you want a large phone? or sleek? They both are in the top of the line...and top dogs from all phones.

I'm incredibly happy with the INC and once we get 2.2 it should jump into number 1 in the statistics.

MikeR
06-24-2010, 2:19 PM

~CNET

-A dual-core OMAP 4430 chip will begin shipping in the fourth quarter, Carlson said. This should make its way into phones in the first half of 2011.

Ive been holding off, now i will wait just a little longer for the Droid X to come out so i can play with it. Its hard, ive had my phone for 4 years and im starting to twitch a little, i need to step into the 21st century. :willy_nilly: