PDA

View Full Version : Off List Receivers

kenc9
03-19-2006, 3:44 PM
This may have been covered but,
what if after the add on listed model lowers are named and added to the list. Then some AR15 lower manufacturer changes the name of the lower. Say a Stag gets named then Stag names its new model Stag Super XXX then XX1 then XX2 and on and on?

With the legal ruling that it needs to be listed for the average person to just be able to read a named model...can DOJ be able to do what they are trying to do?

It would appear they are going to have to update the list monthly or give up!

Am I missing something here? or is this a no win for DOJ?

-ken

thmpr
03-19-2006, 3:52 PM
This may have been covered but,
what if after the add on listed model lowers are named and added to the list. Then some AR15 lower manufacturer changes the name of the lower. Say a Stag gets named then Stag names its new model Stag Super XXX then XX1 then XX2 and on and on?

With the legal ruling that it needs to be listed for the average person to just be able to read a named model...can DOJ be able to do what they are trying to do?

Am I missing something here? or is this a no win for DOJ?

-ken

Read this link:

http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

bwiese
03-19-2006, 3:52 PM
what if after the add on listed model lowers are named and added to the list. Then some AR15 lower manufacturer changes the name of the lower....

Yes. Unless and until some new legislation comes along (signed by governor and/or veto overridden), the DOJ is going to have to monitor the marketplace on a frequent basis.

But it won't be that bad for them once the first batch is done. They can monitor & list faster than a vendor can change his rollmarks and adverstise.

kenc9
03-19-2006, 4:06 PM
Read this link:

http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

That is what I was reading to make me wonder if they can ever completely win. What if the serial number was the model? Or some other nonrepeating model was made and you don't know what the model is untill you get it! haha

I think all this is what is taking so long to figure out!
You could have every """custom AR""" with a one of a kind model stamped on it!!! haha

If they have to list every model they could make a million of them! :)

-ken

MsJamie
03-19-2006, 6:33 PM
You could have every """custom AR""" with a one of a kind model stamped on it!!! haha

Such lowers would never get listed, and would have to remain SB23 compliant, just like all off-list lowers.