PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4 lower question

Mono
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
First of all, you guys are the best. I bought most of my gear from you and I've been bringing my many of my buddies over to see you guys.

Now one of these buddies has researched to death what he needs for his 1st AR. I told him to look into your Noveske lower. He did make a good point in noticing that your lowers had no "5.56" stamped below the N4. Why is that? It says that these are not factory lowers...but are they .223? and not 5.56?

Thanks

Tom_Berringer
05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Not sure where the "not factory lowers" came from... Noveske did not mark their E series or H series lowers with Calibers. Also regardless of caliber stamps the lowers are still mil-spec and accept a variety of calibers (5.56, .223, 6.8spc, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, etc.)

http://www.pkfirearms.com/product_images/0000/5209/Noveske-N4-stripped-left-si.jpg

Maybe a little more research is needed?

Mono
05-27-2010, 8:43 AM
Not sure where the "not factory lowers" came from... Noveske did not mark their E series or H series lowers with Calibers. Also regardless of caliber stamps the lowers are still mil-spec and accept a variety of calibers (5.56, .223, 6.8spc, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, etc.)

Yeah my bad. It says, "Please note: These are NOT the factory seconds that have been advertised elsewhere."

Thanks for the info.

Riflegear
05-28-2010, 9:53 AM
He did make a good point in noticing that your lowers had no "5.56" stamped below the N4. Why is that?

Keep in mind that there are no legal requirements to mark the caliber of the firearm on the receiver. In fact, most manufacturers mark the barrel, and not the receiver. Pick any handgun for example, or any bolt-action.

Noveske is the more "normal" of manufacturers out of all of the AR companies since they mark the barrels rather than the receivers.

For some reason in the AR industry it has become the standard to mark the receiver instead.