PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on the new Chrome 5?

Bug Splat
05-26-2010, 2:57 PM
I had tried Chrome way back in 08 I think and was just turned off by the lack of features and how buggy it was. Stayed away for a year and tried it again in 09 and it still lacked the features and plug-ins I was so used to in Firefox.

Chatting with my brother who is a big Chrome fan suggested i try the new version that just come out yesterday. So all day today I spent playing with it and installing extensions and testing all my fav sites and I must say i'm very impressed. The Google voice and Gmail extension right on the toolbar is just awesome. I can keep track of my email, chat, and send/receive SMS from any tab I have open. Here is a super cool feature with the Google voice extension, I can click on any phone number on a website and it will port my cell phone to that number. So I just click on the phone number on the site and my phone rings and as soon as I answer its ringing for the person or business I'm calling. NOW THAT IS FREAKING COOL!!!! :eek:

fdbizzle
05-26-2010, 3:33 PM
:iagree:

Look Wat I kAn DO !
05-28-2010, 10:54 PM
wow, i will need to try chrome out again.

jdewolf
05-28-2010, 11:01 PM
I've been using it for a while now. Minus some weird CPU spikes when playing any flash related content I love it. I was never a fan of alternatives to IE... firefox and opera. Google puts out damn good products.

yellowsulphur
05-30-2010, 1:26 PM
Chrome is cool and I think more people will use it once HTML 5 is accepted by more developers.

Blackhawk556
05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I installed the lastest version of chrome for mac and so far it's been great. I wont use safari that's for sure though.