PDA

View Full Version : Eagle arms .308 legal?

swift
03-18-2006, 4:48 PM
I saw that Armalite had the Eagle Arms EA900P .308 on its web site.
http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/EagleArms.htm

I see that EA-15 are listed on Kassler list. Does this include the .308 (or hopefully not)?
Thanks.

RRangel
03-18-2006, 5:00 PM
The pics I've seen of those have "Div Armalite" and "AR-10" on the receiver. I don't think you'd get a pass with one of these.

I saw that Armalite had the Eagle Arms EA900P .308 on its web site.
http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/EagleArms.htm

I see that EA-15 are listed on Kassler list. Does this include the .308 (or hopefully not)?
Thanks.

shopkeep
03-18-2006, 5:04 PM
One FFL who has a good relationship with Armalite asked to purchase the Eagle Arms .308. Armalite said that it "is likely not on the list" but also stated they would prefer he use a third party out of state FFL to bring them into the state. Personally I agree with this FFL that the Eagle Arms .308 is NOT on the list.

However, because there is also a VERY compelling case for it to be ON the list and purchasing anything on the list commits a felony that relieves you of your gun rights for life... better err on the safer side.

swift
03-18-2006, 5:08 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. I won't bother trying to get one.

thmpr
03-18-2006, 5:21 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. I won't bother trying to get one.

Swift,
If the mfg. and the model number is on the list than definately a "No-No!". But if the model number is not on the list than its perfectly legal. For example: The RRA LAR-15. Dont give up so easily ;) . Did you verify the model number?

Happy hunting!

vrylak
03-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Wish Armalite didn't stamped their Eagle brand with the same Armalite model, they could've made some serious profit. They're probably fired that someone who made that decision anyway.

phish
03-18-2006, 11:26 PM
http://www.gunblast.com/images/Eagle_AR10/Mvc-004f.jpg

DOH!

:(

In defense of the marketing dept. at Armalite, they couldn't have known or anticipated this. I suppose it's an unintended consequence.

artherd
03-18-2006, 11:27 PM
If eagle is now using Armalite's 07FFL, then the manufactuar section of stamping could be somewhat moot.

Onto model numbers however!

"Eagle Arms AR-10" is all but certinly illegal, a court would rule it is an Armalite AR-10 as they use the same 07FFL, you'll loose.

However "Eagle Arms EA900E" is probally legal! Excercise usual caution in something this on-edge, don't buy one if you can't afford a few tens of grand for an affirmative defense just in case. But if you can, then crank it up because you will WIN any case brought agains you!

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT AN ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPH OF THE ACTUAL RECIEVER YOU INTEND TO BRING IN!!! MAKE DAMN SURE IT IS LEGAL BEFORE YOU CROSS STATE LINES WITH IT!!! DO NOT GO OFF WEBSITE DESCRIPTIONS!

thmpr
03-18-2006, 11:30 PM
If eagle is now using Armalite's 07FFL, then the manufactuar section of stamping could be somewhat moot.

Onto model numbers however!

"Eagle Arms AR-10" is all but certinly illegal, a court would rule it is an Armalite AR-10 as they use the same 07FFL, you'll loose.

However "Eagle Arms EA900E" is probally legal! Excercise usual caution in something this on-edge, don't buy one if you can't afford a few tens of grand for an affirmative defense just in case. But if you can, then crank it up because you will WIN any case brought agains you!

Well stated! Need to stand for your rights!

phish
03-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Somebody light a fire underneath RRA's butt to get a move on those LAR-10s!

or, try to find a BAR10

EBWhite
03-18-2006, 11:54 PM
just get a hesse and be done with it...

or what about grinding off the armalite marking on the eagle arms one....well grey area but still??

Mr331
03-19-2006, 6:22 AM
The "EA900P" is the part number for the Eagle Arms AR-10. DOJ feels the Eagle Arms AR-10 is an already named assault weapon. It is not listed by make and model, yet I have many letters from the DOJ stating otherwise. I firmly believe you would win in court, but it would end up in court.

swift
03-19-2006, 7:43 AM
I don't relish going to court over one rifle. I imagine my FFL would also get some grief. I guess what I find confusing is that we can own unlisted lowers, but some unlisted lowers seem to be more obviously similiar to listed lowers than others. That's why I need to ask for your opinions, even if you are not lawyers.

xenophobe
03-19-2006, 9:35 AM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5925/ar109jc.jpg

Sure that says Eagle Arms. It also clearly says Armalite AR-10 too. Definitely on the list. This is a Felony in the waiting... Even if they are manufactured on different 07's, I'd still stay away from this one without even giving it a second thought.

Jicko
03-29-2006, 8:58 AM
Someone got a letter saying Eagle Arms AR10 is OK!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=255748&postcount=14

DV8
03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Theres already a discussion about this in the ak/ar and other off list section...