PDA

View Full Version : Stanford Mag!!

pilotmadrat
03-17-2006, 4:58 PM
Just this week I go my hands on the latest issue of Stanford "publication of the Stanford alumni association"

On the cover is a big picture of a revolver with the title

Loaded Questions

Do gun laws reduce crime?
Are Americans safer packing a pistol?

The main article is about Sandra Froman the NRA President. Get this article if you can and read it. It is very fair to the whole subject. I was very surprised to see something like this come out of Stanford, the alleged alma mater of the illustrious Gray Davis.

Show this to anybody who thinks guns are just for read necks and gun nuts cause that a pretty hard view to support after reading this article.
PMR

Wumpscut223
03-17-2006, 5:07 PM
Anyone wana scan it in for the rest of us?

Omega13device
03-17-2006, 5:24 PM
You can read it online at:

http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2006/marapr/features/froman.html

Charliegone
03-17-2006, 5:47 PM
She is one tough lady.:D

Satex
03-18-2006, 8:35 PM
Gosh, I love bleeding heart liberals! :eek: Why? Because when they have to face reality themselves, they freak out and become right wing conservatives! Itís only places that bleeding heart liberals congregate together and are protected by conservatives they maintain their liberal dilutions.
Itís almost like the movies Brave Heart and Patriot! The hero starts out as an isolationist confrontation avoiding citizen, and once the "bad ones" hurt his family, he goes bezerk and shows them right!
;)

crs1
03-18-2006, 9:16 PM
This is the best part of that article and should be advertised on TV after every Democratic commercial...

"The NRAís political activism grew as efforts to regulate guns intensified. Some early chapters in the South consisted entirely of freed slaves after the Ku Klux Klan attempted to ban blacks from owning guns."

We should start a fund to have an airplane fly around San Francisco pulling a banner or something!

MadMex
03-19-2006, 7:58 AM
An excellent read with a closing line that will unfortunately become fodder for Maggot Moore.

wookie1976
03-19-2006, 9:34 AM
Priceless quote (although I agree with MadMex's comment above):
Would-be intruders, beware. ďEveryone is safer when criminals donít know who is armed. Iím this five-foot-two middle-aged lady, but they donít know Iíll shoot their guts out.Ē

Thanks for sharing! That was an excellent read.

svenu
03-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Cool. I get this mag but it is sent to my parents house... gonna have to read that.

Class of '98