PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraving Service

jvpark
05-23-2010, 8:38 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/koonji/banner.jpg

www.LaserMyGun.com

Okay, here's the deal... this is a buddies company, who asked me to post this for CalGunners.

LaserMyGun is a Laser Engraving and anodizing service that has served the paintball industry for many years. They have specialized in customizing paintball markers by anodizing and laser engraving.

They have anodized AR lowers and uppers in the past.

They are located in Anaheim, CA (Counter Strike Paintball).

If your going to have a part engraved represents the registered gun, you have to come in person and wait while the work is being done... LaserMygun is not an FFL.

Cost..
$50.00 for Images
$30.00 for Fonts
Graphic modification or vector conversion is extra.

Here is a few samples.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/jvpark/DSC01944.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/jvpark/DSC01955.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/jvpark/DSC01936.jpg

Jvpark's AR build
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/jvpark/DSC01966.jpg

Anodizing Samples (CLICK Here!) (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/cspaintball/Anodizing%20Samples//)

Laser Engraving Samples (Click Here!) (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/cspaintball/Laser%20Engraving%20Samples///)

For questions contact Dan@lasermygun.com
(Please reference CalGuns.net)

Phone: 714-226-0010

Fax714-226-0020

Shipping address:
3050 w. Lincoln Ave. Suite #C
Anaheim, California 92801

Jeffu
05-23-2010, 8:47 PM
VERY NICE!

pacrimguru
05-23-2010, 9:23 PM
does your buddy have a FFL? if not, i don't think drop offs or shipping are ok but while you waits should be fine.

good looking work!

makav3li
05-23-2010, 9:25 PM
would i be able to get an the LV design to wrap a lower and an upper as well?

jvpark
05-23-2010, 10:37 PM
does your buddy have a FFL? if not, i don't think drop offs or shipping are ok but while you waits should be fine.

good looking work!

thanks for the advice. it's appreciated.

drs2714
05-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah It would have to be picked up the same day if he doesn't have a FFL.Be careful!

Maddog5150
05-23-2010, 10:53 PM

good looking work!

Thats the first thing that came to mind when it was a paintball store. Since he doesnt have an FFL and we cant drop off. Does that mean our firearms get frontloaded when we walk in for work?
Does he plan on getting an FFL for gunsmith work? Would be cool to get a whole AR done up like the paintball guns on his site :43:

Maddog5150
05-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but if the customer doesnt pick up the firearm that day and decides to come back another, couldnt the engraver get in trouble with ATF/DOJ? so the guy doing this probably shouldnt do same day pick up but rather make the customer wait since he doesnt actually have a log book correct?

alex00
05-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Those lowers look great. The pictures of the paintball guns on the site look amazing. I might have to take some lowers with me the next time my family drags me to the magic kingdom.

RawImpact
05-24-2010, 1:30 AM
will stop by tomorrow

Notorious
05-24-2010, 8:14 AM
Just do uppers and pistol slides, no problems!

How long does a typical job take? I might go there today!

JOHNNYRAMBO
05-24-2010, 9:17 AM
Cool stuff.

Now I just need to come up with a design.

Nice work BTW! Your gallery is sweet.

I have always wanted to get an engraving but never wanted to deal with shipping it out to someone. I like the fact that he is local. Big Plus!

Notorious
05-24-2010, 9:40 AM
How many microns is the engraving?

cyclenut
05-24-2010, 10:34 AM

I'd like to know this info as well. (Pistol slide and how long it would take for an engraving.)

jvpark
05-24-2010, 11:03 AM
will stop by tomorrow

ask for Eric and actual engraving time is like 5 min. All the time is spent in design (which you would want done before stopping by).

How many microns is the engraving?

I think it's like .05. Very little.

RawImpact
05-24-2010, 7:32 PM
What extension should the file format be in? I have a image of the text i want on it and i have it in vector format (pdf, svg, & eps). Also, the hours the guy that does the engraving would be nice, since i stopped by today to find he was not working.

epic4444
05-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Dont have any experience with Laser Engraving or how it works so i gotta question that may seem dumb, if i wanted to have the slide on my glock engraved with a quote, would i have to have it re-finished (tenifered again by glock) or would it be good to go still??

Notorious
05-25-2010, 12:28 AM
The Tenifer is not just on the surface, from what I was told. If this engraving only takes off 0.05 microns, it wouldn't even get to anywhere near taking off Tenifer.

FLS9497
05-25-2010, 2:02 AM
hmmmm... giving this a serious thought.

Coltlover
05-25-2010, 2:19 AM
I'm stopping by this weekend ,Its just a block down from my house.AWESOME!

jvpark
05-25-2010, 11:41 AM
What extension should the file format be in? I have a image of the text i want on it and i have it in vector format (pdf, svg, & eps). Also, the hours the guy that does the engraving would be nice, since i stopped by today to find he was not working.

Depends on the image. The best is a vector file but we have used jpeg. Just depends on what the image is of.

LaserMyGun.com
05-25-2010, 5:08 PM
Hello Guys!!! This is Eric from LaserMyGun.com

here is the lastest work we just did. Customer brought the piece to laser.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z140/cspaintball/SSL22793.jpg

jvpark
05-25-2010, 5:10 PM
Dont have any experience with Laser Engraving or how it works so i gotta question that may seem dumb, if i wanted to have the slide on my glock engraved with a quote, would i have to have it re-finished (tenifered again by glock) or would it be good to go still??

The Tenifer is not just on the surface, from what I was told. If this engraving only takes off 0.05 microns, it wouldn't even get to anywhere near taking off Tenifer.

Laser engraving removes a very small amount of the anodizing on an aluminum surface. Enough to exposed the aluminum surface (thus exposing the whiteish surface).

LaserMygun has done ton's of aluminum bodies but you would need to contact
Dan@lasermygun.com to discuss other types of metals. You would need to tell him the type of metal your body has and he will give you a better idea.

If your sending an AR upper, keep in mind the barrel has to be removed to fit in the engraving machine. AR lowers and smaller parts would be no problem.

jvpark
05-26-2010, 3:21 PM
ttt

RogueSniper
05-26-2010, 3:56 PM
Seriously cool! I'm digging those designs. I know if I got one of my pieces done with the Louis Vuitton, my gal would steal it! :D

Dan - get your Gunsmithing FFL, so we can send you our stuff! Sending out an 80% before milling is okay but then anodizing an engraving will cover up the artwork.

jvpark
05-27-2010, 8:26 AM
Seriously cool! I'm digging those designs. I know if I got one of my pieces done with the Louis Vuitton, my gal would steal it! :D

Dan - get your Gunsmithing FFL, so we can send you our stuff! Sending out an 80% before milling is okay but then anodizing an engraving will cover up the artwork.

they are looking into the FFL

jvpark
05-28-2010, 4:23 PM
ttt

jvpark
05-29-2010, 6:28 PM
ttt

Jeffu
05-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll post mine up when it's done

Roccobro
05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Can the engraving be done deeper? NFA regs requires certain depth. Local walk-in > mail off for weeks. :)

Justin

jvpark
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
ttt

Jeffu
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
looking forward to the finished product :)

Woodymyster
06-05-2010, 12:53 PM
How much for the anodizing process?

Maddog5150
06-05-2010, 1:05 PM
Will he do shotguns? Dont know how he feels about someone bringing a shotgun into the shop as opposed to just an AR lower

patriot_man
06-05-2010, 5:15 PM
I'm digging that flag! What's the legality of having a completed 80% shipped to get this done?

Gio
06-05-2010, 5:23 PM
I'm digging that flag! What's the legality of having a completed 80% shipped to get this done?

Cannot be sent in, you will have to be there. No FFL therefore work must be done while owner is around.

Cokebottle
06-05-2010, 6:01 PM
Very cool!
I'm going to work on getting the 2A (or maybe the entire BoR if it'll fit) on my 80%

As mentioned above... is there engraving equipment available that will do the deeper markings to meet BATFE specs for the manufacturer/location/serial number? Those markings need to be about the same depth as the "FIRE/SAFE" markings on the DTOM pictured lower.

stan
06-05-2010, 7:00 PM
+1 for finding out about increased depth capabilities

Cokebottle
06-05-2010, 7:24 PM
+1 for finding out about increased depth capabilities
I figured I'd use my HF punch/stamp set.

No way Jose.

The anodized surface on the ZMEFLY 80% lower is WAY too hard. A solid whack with an 8lb hammer on a 1/8" stamp barely left a mark!

Other option is to freehand it with a Dremel... but I really don't want to go that way.

jvpark
06-08-2010, 3:13 PM
Wait until JeffU's lower is completed.
We are working with JeffU on a deeper engraving process.

pacrimguru
06-08-2010, 3:38 PM
i've got some stuff i want to do too. i'll pm you when i'm ready.

LasVegasTaxMan
06-08-2010, 6:17 PM
tag

jvpark
06-09-2010, 5:35 PM
ttt

fabguy
06-09-2010, 6:28 PM
Is there a legal issue if I bring in a couple INCOMPLETE 80% er's to have anodizing & engraving? Also can you anodize pink?
( For my daughters you freaks) LOL
Thanks

Cokebottle
06-09-2010, 8:12 PM
Is there a legal issue if I bring in a couple INCOMPLETE 80% er's to have anodizing & engraving? Also can you anodize pink?
( For my daughters you freaks) LOL
Thanks
Paperweight's a paperweight, but I would recommend holding off on anodizing until the 80% is machined. It's not just for appearance, it also hardens the surface, which prevents wear where the hammer and trigger pins ride.

jvpark
06-16-2010, 8:13 PM
ttt

valkylrie
06-16-2010, 8:28 PM
tag

darkjedi351
07-17-2010, 12:05 AM
pm sent

BigDaddyGuns
07-22-2010, 2:16 AM
can you guys do ejection port covers?

Solidsnake87
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow. Cool stuff :)

Mr. Joshua
08-25-2010, 3:46 PM
Anyone ever hear back from this guy? I was trading emails with him back in June and haven't heard anything back for quite a while.

Jeffu
08-25-2010, 5:17 PM
Anyone ever hear back from this guy? I was trading emails with him back in June and haven't heard anything back for quite a while.

Jeff is a busy guy, has a full time job and is just helping out his friend, he's taking care of some family emergency right now so give him time. Very responsible and thoughtful guy, I can vouch for him. Got my lower done and just sent in my second one.

00BuckShot
08-25-2010, 5:27 PM
I can also say the the guys down in OC are top notch. I don't know the OP outside of the forum, but I've talked to the guys at LMG and they have been very patient with my questions. Very informative and I can't wait to get my lower down to them in the next few weeks.

LasVegasTaxMan
08-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Jeff is a busy guy, has a full time job and is just helping out his friend, he's taking care of some family emergency right now so give him time. Very responsible and thoughtful guy, I can vouch for him. Got my lower done and just sent in my second one.

Can you post a picture of the work they did for you.

Thanks

Sleepsnoors
08-27-2010, 5:06 PM
tag for later ...

NorCal916
08-27-2010, 5:26 PM
Tag

Notorious
08-27-2010, 8:21 PM
They did my gun and my friend's gun within 10 minutes. I sent the file ahead of time and it was formatted when I got there and he aligned the laser engraver and there it went.

I wouldn't really say it's worth it to spend $50 to engrave a $7.95 ejection cover though.

Cokebottle
08-27-2010, 8:34 PM
Any word on if he can (yet) handle engraving to BATFE standards for model, serial number, manufacturer's name?

A cool lasered "rollmark" would be nice, but I'd just like to get some kind of identifiers on my 80%.

Roccobro
08-27-2010, 9:15 PM
Any word on if he can (yet) handle engraving to BATFE standards for model, serial number, manufacturer's name?

A cool lasered "rollmark" would be nice, but I'd just like to get some kind of identifiers on my 80%.

This post is for two different firearms right? I mean, home built guns do not NEED a serial ever- let alone to BATFE's standards.

Now if your looking to have your SBS/SBR engraved I'd recommend Orion. Unfortunately they are out of state, but fortunately they have their FFL and an impeccable reputation.

Justin

badicedog
08-27-2010, 9:17 PM
wow, will give them a call...

Cokebottle
08-27-2010, 9:20 PM
This post is for two different firearms right? I mean, home built guns do not NEED a serial ever- let alone to BATFE's standards.

Now if your looking to have your SBS/SBR engraved I'd recommend Orion. Unfortunately they are out of state, but fortunately they have their FFL and an impeccable reputation.

Justin
I know it's not legally required, but I'd like to get it done all the same, in case I ever do decide to sell it.

Would also tend to make it a little easier to deal with the cops if my wife ends up having to use it in a home defense situation.
Kinda hard to complete an LEGR with no identifying marks on the gun.

Roccobro
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I know it's not legally required, but I'd like to get it done all the same, in case I ever do decide to sell it.

Would also tend to make it a little easier to deal with the cops if my wife ends up having to use it in a home defense situation.
Kinda hard to complete an LEGR with no identifying marks on the gun.

Gotcha. (Good) wives are worth it.

Justin

Sleepsnoors
08-28-2010, 7:13 AM
since we're on this topic, what if you made a home built pistol?

Cokebottle
08-28-2010, 12:40 PM
since we're on this topic, what if you made a home built pistol?
Same thing.

It is legal to build any firearm for personal use, so long as that firearm complies with state and federal law.
One thing that gets us in California is the roster. It is illegal to manufacture an "unsafe handgun", so a pistol build must first become functional in a roster-exempt form. This would be "dimensionally compliant single shot"... Minimum barrel length 6", minimum OAL 10.5", and with a zero-round magazine locked into the magwell via screws or something similar to a bullet button.

Once the pistol is completed, it may then be modified to a non-exempt form.... remove the single shot sled, install a shorter barrel, etc....

On the topic of markings, the BATFE required markings are only needed if the gun is ever sold (and this would apply to long guns as well as pistol builds). Manufacturer's name, city, model, serial number, and caliber.

Sleepsnoors
09-06-2010, 7:41 PM
Same thing.

It is legal to build any firearm for personal use, so long as that firearm complies with state and federal law.
One thing that gets us in California is the roster. It is illegal to manufacture an "unsafe handgun", so a pistol build must first become functional in a roster-exempt form. This would be "dimensionally compliant single shot"... Minimum barrel length 6", minimum OAL 10.5", and with a zero-round magazine locked into the magwell via screws or something similar to a bullet button.

Once the pistol is completed, it may then be modified to a non-exempt form.... remove the single shot sled, install a shorter barrel, etc....

On the topic of markings, the BATFE required markings are only needed if the gun is ever sold (and this would apply to long guns as well as pistol builds). Manufacturer's name, city, model, serial number, and caliber.

thanks cokebottle. that was the info I was looking for.

veterosa
09-11-2010, 5:39 PM
Beautiful work. Niz details.

MELGIBSHUNTER
09-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Beautiful work. Niz details.I recommend this lasergun.com to laser your custom lower.

DannyInSoCal
09-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Pm when you guys are ready for more work -

Those samples kick some serious azz................

incredablehefey
09-22-2010, 1:00 AM
i used to give cs paintball a ton of business back when i was ballin', now that im making some ar's i should give them a call.

did anyone find out how much to do anodizing on a lower?