PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit hunting near Sacto? Where at?

dratner
05-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Regulations seem pretty reasonable plus I love the taste of rabbit.

I see plenty of them in my housing community in Folsom but I doubt the neighbors would take kindly to me shooting my .22 in their backyard.

Also the regs don't say specifically that you can use a .22LR to kill rabbits but I assume thats ok.

GVOllie
05-23-2010, 7:41 AM
Yes, a .22lr is fine. Season is still closed except for jacks. Check your local state wildlife areas to see when they are open (many re-open July 1), and some WAs are also shotgun only. BLM land is open all year if there is any near you.

I'm ready for some rabbit myself!

r3dn3ck
05-23-2010, 8:02 AM
Fremont Weir has great rabbit populations.. stay around the wild roses. Gotta wait till the cottontail season starts tho.

dratner
05-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Yes, a .22lr is fine. Season is still closed except for jacks. Check your local state wildlife areas to see when they are open (many re-open July 1), and some WAs are also shotgun only. BLM land is open all year if there is any near you.

I'm ready for some rabbit myself!

Is there a online map that shows BLM areas? The only thing I can find is a hard copy publication from the government.

GVOllie
05-24-2010, 8:36 AM
Is there a online map that shows BLM areas? The only thing I can find is a hard copy publication from the government.

Online BLM map (http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=LAND)