PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Placer or Yolo County? (or near sac)

pipskicks
03-16-2006, 8:20 PM
I am looking to move up north possibly, and I was looking at those 2 counties and I was wondering if either of them were easy to get CCW's in, and which was easier. The place I'm gonna be going to is a crummy neighborhood in Sac. so I want to live somewhere that gives CCW's. Sutter isn't that far either, if they give CCW's.

gose
03-16-2006, 8:24 PM
http://www.packing.org/state/images/size_400/california_phpDRhbV1_ca_couinties.GIF

pipskicks
03-16-2006, 8:30 PM
http://www.packing.org/state/images/size_400/california_phpDRhbV1_ca_couinties.GIF

Looked at that, that's why I was looking at those 2 counties, but I was wondering if I could get some people who lives there's input, and which county was easier as well.

timmy8151
03-16-2006, 8:39 PM
If you live in the city of Davis obtaining a CCW will be difficult. But IIRC, the rest of Yolo county is pretty much shall issue.

shopkeep
03-16-2006, 8:40 PM
Avoid living in Davis if you live in Yolo county. The Davis PD prevents the Sheriff from issueing to their townies. Davis is a communist island in an EXTREMELY conservative county. One of the best ways to live in Yolo County is to either live in West Sacramento or Clarksburg right on the county line. I live in Sacramento myself... I often kick myself for not having gotten a CCW while I was in Placer county just only weeks earlier.

I am confident though that with enough time and effort I will eventually be able to secure one in Sacramento county.

pipskicks
03-16-2006, 9:01 PM
that's good to know, I saw a lot of apartments in Davis, I'll have to avoid it.

Victor
03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
that's good to know, I saw a lot of apartments in Davis, I'll have to avoid it.

The apartments are mainly for students... there's about 30,000 students that attend UCD. The only thing you want to avoid in Davis is the tree huggers. That's extremely hard to do :( .

Surveyor
03-17-2006, 2:24 AM
I lived in Davis for 14 years and it's even worse than you can imagine! I moved to Roseville almost three years ago and I've never been happier. The people are great.

MadMex
03-17-2006, 3:44 AM
I hate to see any place characterized as ccws are easy to get. Such a statement lends itself to all sorts of potential negative spin. Sort of like how the media has portrayed full capacity magazines as evil high capacity magazines. With that being said, Placer County has a very rational process. I moved back to Kali a year and a half ago and selected Placer County for the very same reason youre asking about. Move into the county, have a good cause and clean record (including no moving violations), and it should be a straight forward process.

wuhungsix
03-17-2006, 5:15 AM
I just moved from Sac to W. Sac...they have some really nice new developments there in the Southport area...you have have a year of residencey in Yolo Co before you apply for CCW...I have a feeling it isnt as easy as packing.org states.

pipskicks
03-17-2006, 6:54 AM
I just moved from Sac to W. Sac...they have some really nice new developments there in the Southport area...you have have a year of residencey in Yolo Co before you apply for CCW...I have a feeling it isnt as easy as packing.org states.

I am going to be moving to these counties and I didn't think about these 1 year residency requirements, does Placer have the minimum requirement as well?

MrTuffPaws
03-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I live in Sac Co about 4 miles from Placer. I kick myself for not checking for housing there when I got here.

trinity9
03-21-2006, 1:34 AM
I am looking to move up north possibly, and I was looking at those 2 counties and I was wondering if either of them were easy to get CCW's in, and which was easier. The place I'm gonna be going to is a crummy neighborhood in Sac. so I want to live somewhere that gives CCW's. Sutter isn't that far either, if they give CCW's.

You're out of luck in either county under virtually any circumstances. I live in Sac and have had businesses in both counties for 18 years. My businesses have been robbed 35-40 times and had two instances in which I lawfully used my firearm. I transport tens of thousand of dollars each week to and from the bank.

I was declined in Sacramento (twice after appealing) and I even know one of the three committee members. Yolo is also currently a no-issue with the current Sheriff regardless of the one year residency "requirement."

The current policy is no-issue, no exceptions except law enforcement or a clear demonstration that your life is in "immediate danger".

Trinity

CowtownBallin
03-21-2006, 1:42 AM
I was declined in Sacramento (twice after appealing) and I even know one of the three committee members. Yolo is also currently a no-issue with the current Sheriff regardless of the one year residency "requirement."

The current policy is no-issue, no exceptions except law enforcement or a clear demonstration that your life is in "immediate danger".

Trinity

WTH? The Yolo Sheriff was a grunt in the Airborne! I was not aware that the policy had changed. I talked to my DPD cop friend and he said he didn't see how the DPD could get involved with the Yolo Sheriff's CCW process.

wuhungsix
03-21-2006, 6:29 PM
its though to find anyone with a CCW in Yolo...I still kind of think im screwed whether it be Sacramento or Yolo county no matter what color it is on packing.org:(

pipskicks
03-21-2006, 10:17 PM
How about Placer?