PDA

View Full Version : Turners 5.56 62gr fmj, $11.98 30rounds

Safonator
05-21-2010, 9:45 PM
http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

I picked up 450 today for 197 in the Dena.

team1320
05-22-2010, 1:30 AM
dang and i just bought some a couple days ago for the regular price there..

WoodrowShootist
05-22-2010, 1:34 PM
but it's steel core :(

Harley
05-22-2010, 3:31 PM
So I headed on down to the local Turners today and picked me up a new tactical shoutgun for those pesky zombie intruders, now for the 10day wait. :D

Safonator
05-22-2010, 8:49 PM
but it's steel core :(

yea i found that out at the range today. Will be good ammo for plinking@300 yards, when i go out to the desert.

ledman
05-23-2010, 2:48 PM
yea i found that out at the range today. Will be good ammo for plinking@300 yards, when i go out to the desert.

Exactly! Who cares if it is steel core! Desert plinking ammo for sure

I never have an issue at Lytle Creek with steel core...they never check that I know of.

WoodrowShootist
05-23-2010, 3:44 PM
it's not about what range checks or who will let you use it, it's about not using a projectile that can potentially start fire to a place that you like to enjoy spending your shooting time at also prolongs the life of steel targets at the range. there's a word for this type of thought...oh yea it's courtesy or respect. i'm not crappin on anyone, i'm just sayin...

Gio
05-23-2010, 3:47 PM
yea it's courtesy or respect.

Amen to that!

Edited a bit but you get the picture ;)

PM720
05-23-2010, 4:08 PM
Just out of curiousity, has a fire ever been started with steel core ammo? I know tracers have been the cause before but I have never heard of a documented case where steel core was the cause. Just askin. :)

Scott

GM4spd
05-23-2010, 4:30 PM
Just out of curiousity, has a fire ever been started with steel core ammo? I know tracers have been the cause before but I have never heard of a documented case where steel core was the cause. Just askin. :)

Scott

Yes, it has for sure here in SOCAL, twice that I can recall at Angeles
shooting range. I'm sure there are more. Steel core is NO joke here in
SOCAL. Pete

ledman
05-23-2010, 5:47 PM
it's not about what range checks or who will let you use it, it's about not using a projectile that can potentially start fire to a place that you like to enjoy spending your shooting time at also prolongs the life of steel targets at the range. there's a word for this type of thought...oh yea it's courtesy or respect. i'm not crappin on anyone, i'm just sayin...

I didn't know steel core ammo was illegal? I have put many a round down range here in CA and have never seen a fire started by any ammo unless it was tracer or incendiary ammo.
Not saying it can't/would not happen. Just be careful what you are shooting and and have a nice sand dune as a back drop. I have never seen sand catch on fire.:rolleyes:

WoodrowShootist
05-25-2010, 1:33 AM
it's not illegal, just prohibited