View Full Version : CR question...

03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
My residence does not accept mail, so i have a local po box.

If applying for a CR license, I want to have the guns i end up purchasing shipped to my parents address in Socal as i live there part time since im a student.

Will dealers will only ship to the address on the CR license? or will they ship where you want? (this is my main question!) :D

If i must, ill make my mailing address where my parents live in socal since ups goes there. I dont want guns going to a po box :o

03-16-2006, 1:05 AM
Guns can't be shipped to a PO Box, nor can they be shipped to an address different than the license.

You can have a PO Box listed as your mailing address, but the physical address for FFL deliveries must be a physical location, not a PO Box.

03-16-2006, 1:58 AM
on the CR application, there is a spot for my physical address and one for a mailing address (if different)....If i have my physical address (no mail can go there) but I have a valid physical mailing address (parents place), will dealers ship to the mailing address as long as it is a physical address (non po box)?

03-16-2006, 6:26 AM
well.....as a student, I know the problem. What I do for everything is have my mailing adress as the school/po box, and then put my parents as the perm address. however, since Im a freshman in college, YMMV

Mssr. Eleganté
03-16-2006, 6:46 AM
Keep in mind that the physical address you put on the aplication will be considered your "licensed premises" and is where you will need to store your collection. Since you will be a Licensed Collector you will have the option of doing any compliance audits at the local ATF office if you don't want any inspectors at your licensed premises, but the audit will be done at the ATF office local to the licensed premises.

So if you use your folks address as the licensed premises make sure they are OK with it and make sure you aren't so far away that you can't make it to their local ATF office in the event of an audit. You will also have to go to their place to log new firearms into your bound book in a timely manner.

As mentioned above, nobody will ship you firearms to an address not on your license.