PDA

View Full Version : Uncoated upper receivers

Thordo
05-20-2010, 8:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can get AR upper receivers that have no finish on them? (i.e. no anodizing or duracoat).

Thordo

Thordo
05-21-2010, 8:24 AM
btt

Thordo
05-22-2010, 7:04 AM
btt

Nessal
05-22-2010, 9:52 AM
Aircraft paint stripper should work.

freonr22
05-22-2010, 10:03 AM
contact the mfg's direct,, they shoulb be able to hook you up

steve92407
05-22-2010, 10:19 AM
my brother got his from jd machine in san diego and had it anodized dark green.

freonr22
05-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Aircraft paint stripper should work.

IF you strip it, the tolerances will be off. dont ask how i know

Thordo
05-22-2010, 4:43 PM
my brother got his from jd machine in san diego and had it anodized dark green.

AWESOME guys!! Thanks for the info.

Thordo

Thordo
05-29-2010, 8:29 PM
Quick and final update on this little venture. JD Machine was VERY uncool. The guy I talked to actually said "you're not gonna use these to take business away from us are you?" (I only wanted 2 and they probably make thousands of them). On the other hand Tactical Innovations was VERY COOL. They were more than willing to accomodate me and were very nice.

Thordo

arfan66
05-30-2010, 12:21 AM
+1 for Tactical Innovations! Good Luck with your project...

lead slinger
05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Quick and final update on this little venture. JD Machine was VERY uncool. The guy I talked to actually said "you're not gonna use these to take business away from us are you?" (I only wanted 2 and they probably make thousands of them). On the other hand Tactical Innovations was VERY COOL. They were more than willing to accomodate me and were very nice.

Thordo

Do you remember the guys name, (ROB) He's a great guy professional,done business w/ them for a while, but I heard that same thing twice now....Maybe someones starting to copie there Shiznet...

Thordo
05-30-2010, 1:11 PM
Do you remember the guys name, (ROB) He's a great guy professional,done business w/ them for a while, but I heard that same thing twice now....Maybe someones starting to copie there Shiznet...

Yes. It was Rob at JD. I talked to Craig and Stacy at TI. I don't know what kind of shiznet JD is worried about getting copied. All of the manufacturers use pretty much the same forgings and they are all machined to the same mil spec, hence the term "MIL SPEC".

Go figure!!

Thordo

lead slinger
05-30-2010, 3:24 PM
Yes. It was Rob at JD. I talked to Craig and Stacy at TI. I don't know what kind of shiznet JD is worried about getting copied. All of the manufacturers use pretty much the same forgings and they are all machined to the same mil spec, hence the term "MIL SPEC".

Go figure!!

Thordo

Too funny,I have one of there lowers w/ a very low seriel # and a buddy just bought one in the high 3000 so there was only a few month difference between us so there moving product maybe too much probally he's under Stress, On a different level,you see there .308 upper/lower combo very nice assembly...