PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing DD Omega 9 rail

davy
05-20-2010, 2:29 AM
Well, guys, I just installed a DD Omega 9 rail on to my bcm 16 upper.

I think I did it right, that delta ring was a pain to push down, but everything looks like it lined up okay. I tightened the 4 big screws, then tightened the 4 smaller set screws, top half first, then bottom half, as the manual instructed.

BUT, it seems to me, that on the topside of the rail, where the Omega rail joins the flattop of my upper receiver, there exists a very thin space, maybe 1/20th of an inch.

Are the two rails suppose to meet together or is there suppose to be a little bit of a gap when the rail is installed? If it matters, mine is a free float on a bcm upper.

Thanks

AlliedArmory
05-20-2010, 2:34 AM
I have seen many like this. No big deal should be perfectly fine.

davy
05-20-2010, 2:43 AM
I have seen many like this. No big deal should be perfectly fine.

I sure hope so man, especially since I got that DD rail from you. Haha...

But in all seriousness, the shipping was very quick. I thought the color was suppose to be fde, a tan color, but it arrived in an olive green shade, I guess maybe DD calls that dark earth. Doesn't matter though, the color looks fine, I'm more concerned about if I installed it right.

Since there is a very small gap between the rail and the upper receiver top, should I not install optics near that gap? Doesn't seem like solid ground there.

Ruiner
05-20-2010, 7:22 AM
The small gap there is normal. The only thing that won't have a gap is a monolithic upper receiver. You should not be bridging optics between the rail and upper receiver, but its perfectly ok to have your optics near it.