PDA

View Full Version : Another reason for people to hate us.

Major Miner II
03-15-2006, 2:50 PM
Click (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7313034035619078314&q=galambos)

Nice eh?

Edit: Sorry. Should have posted this in the main forum instead of the sub forum.

McMadCow
03-15-2006, 3:34 PM
Now that looked like a lot of fun! Aside from the drag racing, which bores me to tears.

Stanze
03-15-2006, 3:44 PM
I dug the exploding watermelon part!

shopkeep
03-15-2006, 3:46 PM
That looked like _TONS_ of fun!!! I wish I knew where some good BLM land was up in the Sacramento area where I could go have some fun like that! Not to mention I wish I had more people to go have fun like that with... seems like everyone around here is a complete pansy liberal.

rips31
03-15-2006, 4:27 PM
how funny.

Pulsar
03-15-2006, 4:40 PM
Heck, I'm doing that saturday, except we're building snowmen to shoot at :)

Surveyor
03-15-2006, 5:06 PM
That looked like _TONS_ of fun!!! I wish I knew where some good BLM land was up in the Sacramento area where I could go have some fun like that! Not to mention I wish I had more people to go have fun like that with... seems like everyone around here is a complete pansy liberal.
Indian Valley Reservoir.:D :D :D Scary Jeep trails, a beautiful uncrowded lake packed with Kokanee Salmon and free campsites that you can (safely) shoot in. After living in Davis for 14 years (shudder) I thought that I was a true redneck based on my choice of music and sports. That was untill a bunch of Rio Linda boys invited me camping up at Indian Valley. It was quite similar to the video except with more Jeeps. I'd never even seen redneck untill that trip! Lots of fun!:D It's probably about a 1.5 hour drive from Sac. You will need a truck, however. 4x4 optional.

ajwells
03-15-2006, 5:06 PM
I was going to go do almost that same thing this weekend but its gonna be raining where I wanted to go so instead Im just going to the horse tracks

crs1
03-15-2006, 5:32 PM
I hope those guys cleaned up all the garbage when they were done. Leaving all of that there doesn't go to help preserving areas for us to shoot in the future.

yiha
03-15-2006, 5:46 PM
that looked like a hell of a lot of fun.. btw, is there any legal restrictions for drinking and shooting?

primer510
03-15-2006, 5:47 PM
brilliant, simply brilliant...i can dig it

taloft
03-15-2006, 5:48 PM
I hope those guys cleaned up all the garbage when they were done. Leaving all of that there doesn't go to help preserving areas for us to shoot in the future.

+1 Monitors are full of hazardous materials.

Yep, a bunch of drunk rednecks driving around shooting up stuff is how I want the public to think of us gun owners.:rolleyes:
Save the beer for when you're done shooting.

Surveyor
03-15-2006, 6:36 PM
+1 Monitors are full of hazardous materials.

Yep, a bunch of drunk rednecks driving around shooting up stuff is how I want the public to think of us gun owners.:rolleyes:
Save the beer for when you're done shooting.

I agree. I've always been pretty carefull about not getting lit untill after I shoot.

biff
03-15-2006, 9:03 PM
They didn't sound like rednecks. The video was edited that way to give that impression. Could have been any one of us having fun.

jp.cherokee
03-15-2006, 9:14 PM
Looks like a blast... But as listed, I hope they cleaned up after themselves. THAT is where we get into a lot of hot water, and that is where we lose valuable shooting areas. Have fun, DRINK AFTER shooting and clean up your targets, or we will lose more areas to shoot...We are already scating on thin ice here in Kalifornia...:p

Satex
03-16-2006, 7:03 AM
That was a very well edited video created with a Redneck theme. It definitely falls under the satirical category, and yes, I am sure some will take it the wrong way and try to make generalizations about gun owners.
But then again, you can watch Jay Leno every night and listen to how he unleashes satire on anyone and everything!

crs1
03-16-2006, 3:59 PM
jp.cherokee--

Is that a spotted owl as your Avatar? I've heard they taste good:D

Creeping Incrementalism
03-16-2006, 4:04 PM
Along the same "Redneck theme" -- it looked like they were loading the Mini with Wolf: the cases and cartridge holders looked the same.

Anyone know where that was shot, I mean, taped? The ford might give it away, given that there are so few of them left anymore. The only ones I know of are in Ft. Hunter Ligget, heading towards the campground to the north.

spitkiss
03-16-2006, 4:31 PM
Although I wouldn't shoot a monitor because of the mercury content. It sure is fun to shoot OLD computers!
http://popkoff.com/486side.jpg

shopkeep
03-16-2006, 7:26 PM
that looked like a hell of a lot of fun.. btw, is there any legal restrictions for drinking and shooting?

I won't even combine alcohol and motor vehicles... alcohol and firearms is INSANE forget it. On a side note though I don't see anything unlawful about people drinking who are NOT shooting while in the presence of people who ARE shooting but NOT drinking.

Would anyone be interested in a little NorCal calguns.net off-list rifle camping trip up to Indian Valley or somewhere? I've got a Tacoma 4x4 and a portable gas grill :D!

Justang
03-16-2006, 8:44 PM
Tards. Drinking and shooting don't mix.
I do like blowing things up though.
That vid portrayed gun owners as redneck hicks. I think most anti's would love that vid for their purposes.
I don't play around with guns. I have fun, but if you get too lax, somebody gets hurt.
Not a fan of that vid. Now the vid of the helicopter with a gatlin gun shooting the crap out of cars... that's awesome!!!!! I wanna do that!

yiha
03-16-2006, 9:00 PM
I won't even combine alcohol and motor vehicles... alcohol and firearms is INSANE forget it. On a side note though I don't see anything unlawful about people drinking who are NOT shooting while in the presence of people who ARE shooting but NOT drinking.

Would anyone be interested in a little NorCal calguns.net off-list rifle camping trip up to Indian Valley or somewhere? I've got a Tacoma 4x4 and a portable gas grill :D!

that sounds like a hell of a time, and ill join in on it in a heart beat!

Krusher
03-16-2006, 9:07 PM
Thank you you said EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

Krusher
03-16-2006, 9:08 PM
I dug the exploding watermelon part!

Same here, what would make that explode like that round wise?

primer510
03-16-2006, 9:51 PM
cmon guys, did you look at his other videos or his webpage? this guys a classically trained musician who also does these fun videos on the side. gauging from the comments, we got a lotta city slickers here who've never actually had fun with their toys outside the boring and gestapo-restrictive gun ranges.

sohijiro
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
cmon guys, did you look at his other videos or his webpage? this guys a classically trained musician who also does these fun videos on the side. gauging from the comments, we got a lotta city slickers here who've never actually had fun with their toys outside the boring and gestapo-restrictive gun ranges.

thats what i was thinking, why go outdoors to public land if your gonna follow the lame *** range rules, ie one shot er second, dont shoot as stuff, etc, etc.

shecky
03-16-2006, 11:05 PM
HEE! Seems edited to make these guys look especially like doofuses. It seemed that they may have been shooting full cans of beer. Now that, I just can't forgive.

QuickOnTheDraw
03-17-2006, 7:54 AM
If a ranger came upon these guys you'd probably have some problems, especially if open containers are present. Don't mix the two and then video tape yourself doing it. All it will take is someone getting "accidentally" shot or killed and this will be on T.V.. Just be safe and not stupid!