PDA

View Full Version : Grendel questions

nappy
05-19-2010, 6:16 PM
What's your experience with the 6.5 grendel? Is it even worth it?

Thanks,

SLYoteBoy
05-19-2010, 6:24 PM
My dad has one. AA 24" upper. It has taken a few coyotes , and 1 deer. Good cartridge. Quite accurate atleast imo. Downside , ammo. Its kinda pricey. When we start reloading it should offset the costs.

CavTrooper
05-22-2010, 2:26 PM
No reliable magazines available right now. The only manufacture is C-products and from what I can gather, its hit and miss with the reliability and quality. Check out 65grendel.com for information. I had to do some "custom" work to my 10rd magazines to make them run reliably, now that they do, Im loving the cartridge. Not a bad round, but the "politics" involved keep it from taking its rightful place as a "standard" AR round.

thmpr
05-22-2010, 2:27 PM
After owning the Grendel since 2006: never had an issue with AA or C-products magazines.

CavTrooper
05-22-2010, 2:38 PM
After owning the Grendel since 2006: never had an issue with AA or C-products magazines.

AA magazines are manufactured by C-products. You got some good ones, reading on 65grendel there are quite a few bad ones out there including the two Im running right now. Supposedly, there is a new manufacture coming out with grendel mags, dont know who or when, but thats the word from Warped on 65grendel.

RainierArms
05-23-2010, 1:40 PM
I like the round quite a bit but I lean towards my 6.8SPC builds as they are less expensive, parts are readily available. The slight gain you may get from 6.5G isn't worth the aggravation to me. But if you are a reloader / tinkerer, you will love the round. It's very flat shooting and extremely accurate. If you are more of a shooter, then the 6.8SPC is the way to go IMO.