PDA

View Full Version : New AR-15/Ak-47 Forum Section?!

Hopi
03-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I know this isn't ar15.com (Thank the lord for Calguns!) but I think it might be easier to spread the good word if the .223 forum section stands alone (instead of being a sub-section of the political/gun rights section) and is re-titled to catch the eyes of the casual wanderer. I know the FAQ is great and very easy to understand, but I don't think that is the first thing people look for when casually visiting this site. Just an idea.

The more people with these rifles the better!

Also,
The topics are no-longer just involving .223 caliber rifles as the off-list ak is obviously a different beast and shoots a different round.

shopkeep
03-15-2006, 1:56 PM
I agree that due to a SUBSTANTIAL increase in the number of AR-15 and AK-47 rifles that are flooding the state and thus the forums, a new forum for these off-list self-loading rifles would be a great idea.

How about we do it like this:

One forum for off-list discussions in general
An AR-15 sub-forum
An AK-47 sub-forum

grammaton76
03-15-2006, 2:28 PM
I agree that due to a SUBSTANTIAL increase in the number of AR-15 and AK-47 rifles that are flooding the state and thus the forums, a new forum for these off-list self-loading rifles would be a great idea.

How about we do it like this:

One forum for off-list discussions in general
An AR-15 sub-forum
An AK-47 sub-forum

Amen to that. Actually I would also advocate a third sub-forum, for OTHER specific off-list builds. The parent forum should be for off-list discussions in general, but when the bw5's and sw5's (just for example) hit the state, they oughtta have somewhere for technical discussion other than the parent forum, where we are only supposed to sit around and whine about DOJ not listing, and the latest news from the cousin's brother's father's nephew's former college roommate. :)

shopkeep
03-16-2006, 1:09 PM
Amen to that. Actually I would also advocate a third sub-forum, for OTHER specific off-list builds. The parent forum should be for off-list discussions in general, but when the bw5's and sw5's (just for example) hit the state, they oughtta have somewhere for technical discussion other than the parent forum, where we are only supposed to sit around and whine about DOJ not listing, and the latest news from the cousin's brother's father's nephew's former college roommate. :)

Yeah I agree with that... we need a third forum for FAL/G3/MP-5 (bobcat)/UZI/Galil ARM, etc builds. Maybe call it "12276 clones" because it's all about RR ban clones rather than series builds.