PDA

View Full Version : Major Gun Shop FUD

jm838
05-19-2010, 4:14 PM
So, I took a trip up to Santa Cruz for the weekend to visit some friends from high school. While I was up at their college, I met a girl whose boyfriend recently felt "the urge" and bought a Mini-14 (about 2-3 months ago). After he bought the gun, the gun store he bought it from apparently called him up to tell him that a complete ban on semi-autos is underway and that he will be "grandfathered in", but similar guns will soon become impossible to procure in CA. I told her it sounded like they were trying to get him to impulse buy more guns as quickly as possible. Is this kind of activity common? No wonder no one knows anything about guns around here. Has anyone else experienced FUD on this level?

On a side note, I took the liberty of teaching her a little about AW laws, OLL's, and the like so that she may continue to enjoy guns with her boyfriend to the fullest extent possible in this state. I also made sure to tell her to do a lot of research, because our laws change quickly and innocent people become instant felons.

Jason_2111
05-19-2010, 4:17 PM
Please PM me with the name of the shop so I know where to not spend my money.

cntrolsguy
05-19-2010, 4:20 PM
Either the actually did this which is just stupid or the boyfriend is trying not to get into trouble and is justifying why he needs to buy more of them ASAP before they get banned. :)

jm838
05-19-2010, 4:24 PM
I doubt the latter, as this girl actually wants to buy her boyfriend more guns for his birthday. It is possible that something was lost in translation, but I'll have to work on getting the name of the specific shop so we can all work this out. I think it was in Modesto, that's where they're from.

Noah3683
05-19-2010, 4:25 PM
Either the actually did this which is just stupid or the boyfriend is trying not to get into trouble and is justifying why he needs to buy more of them ASAP before they get banned. :)

I'm gonna go with the latter lol

Fot
05-19-2010, 4:33 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=90575

Here we have a gun shop stating Ar's are illegal and that Sniper rifles are a few months from being banned.. Pretty funny when the Store owner joins the thread.

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-19-2010, 4:34 PM
I'll be going to UCSC in the fall. Let me know who this girl is so I can sweep her off of her feet.

Seahawk
05-19-2010, 4:52 PM
Give me the girl's name and phone number...I want her to buy me more guns for my Bday!

Veggie
05-19-2010, 4:58 PM
Ucsc?? Did you mean csus??

Shady
05-19-2010, 4:58 PM
what school did you go to , i went to soquel

Shady
05-19-2010, 4:59 PM
ucsc = uc santa cruz

Ballistic043
05-19-2010, 4:59 PM
turners once told me HK USP's would be banned from future importation. i laughed

Veggie
05-19-2010, 5:00 PM
After thinking a bit if they were in Modesto it's possible he came down to Turlock and went to alquist arms. They are pretty full of FUD there. Last time I was there one of the workers was trying to tell me BB were illegal.

santacruzstefan
05-19-2010, 6:00 PM
I'm just glad more folks in my little town are arming themselves. Yay, guns!

drifts1
05-19-2010, 6:13 PM

Thats how i bought half my rifles. Everytime the news shows some idiot with a gun doing somthing he shouldnt, I'll say "Dammit now there gonna ban that gun, i better buy it now before they ban it."

remember the N. Hollywood shootout? Picked up my Arsenal SLR-95 the same week :D

The other half I dont tell her about, hopefully my buddies will keep their traps shut around the women :eek:

welchy
05-19-2010, 7:31 PM
You need to out the dealer. I live in Modesto.

Veggie
05-19-2010, 7:43 PM
Where in Modesto welchy I'm down in Turlock.

Salty
05-19-2010, 9:19 PM
Whether it was bought in Santa Cruz or somewhere else, I will say that there's serious FUD going around in all of the gun shops in Santa Cruz county. It honestly makes me sad. They're either run by kids who don't know a 1911 from a Beretta (sporting goods stores), or by old men convinced that everything is illegal (I don't even need to say their name).

I'm honestly surprised that this long after the whole OLL revolution there are still a number of shops that haven't got (or refuse to read) the memo. They're really not helping the gun rights movement, especially in such a liberal county.

P.S. First post in like a year! :eek:

blackrifle242
05-19-2010, 9:35 PM
Everything in my FS post will be banned Friday the 21st. You need to hurry!!!

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-20-2010, 5:53 AM
Ucsc?? Did you mean csus??

Santa Cruz. I might still roll UCD, I don't know.

mixerman73711
05-20-2010, 6:22 AM
This seems to be going around, I was recently told that all Saigas along with any Ak's were illegal, no exceptions. Then pointed in the direction of the shops nice collection of AR's. This is from a shop that is respected and I have spent quite a bit of money in.

M1A Rifleman
05-20-2010, 7:41 AM
Its been awhile since I lived there, but last I new the only remaing gun shop was basically Outdoor World (two locations). I think the form shop in Scotts Valley which relocated to Salinas is still around.

Do tell if SC got themselves a new gun shop.

thrillhouse700
05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=90575

Here we have a gun shop stating Ar's are illegal and that Sniper rifles are a few months from being banned.. Pretty funny when the Store owner joins the thread.

Whats the name of the shop owner? I dont want to read the whole thread.

motorhead
05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
no, no no! the mayan prophecy clearly state that all AMMO will be banned!

that's the kind of phillistine pig-ignorance i've come to expect from you non creative types...:rofl2:

rascalgto
05-20-2010, 1:23 PM
i know of no new gun shops in the area im in soquel, outdoor world will do transfers on OLL just a fyi for those in the area

Salty
05-20-2010, 2:48 PM
Its been awhile since I lived there, but last I new the only remaing gun shop was basically Outdoor World (two locations). I think the form shop in Scotts Valley which relocated to Salinas is still around.

Do tell if SC got themselves a new gun shop.

That I know of:
Outdoor World (Santa Cruz)
Outdoor World (Capitola)
Big 5 (Capitola)
Big 5 (Watsonville)
Markleys (Watsonville)

Markleys is the only real "gun shop" in the area, but last I checked they don't deal in OLL's, Siagas, or anything along those lines really.

There's also Sportsman's Supply or whatever it is in Salinas. Although, that's not technically Santa Cruz county. Haven't been in there yet.

mrboma
05-20-2010, 4:30 PM
As much as I love it here, we are screwed when it comes to Gun Shops.
I have dealt with them ALL over the years and will say without a doubt that the Outdoor World on 41st Ave is the best. Kevin is the most knowledgable guy there and will do his best to help you. They also have the best price on Transfers at $100 out the door. I know $100 is pretty pricey overall, but compared to Markleys it's a steal.

Also good to hear there are more people living in hippy/dope/hackysack/liberal central arming up.

Regards,
Mike

westsiderippa
05-20-2010, 6:49 PM
I'm just glad more folks in my little town are arming themselves. Yay, guns!

amen brotha, we sc folks need to stick together.

westsiderippa
05-20-2010, 6:51 PM
As much as I love it here, we are screwed when it comes to Gun Shops.
I have dealt with them ALL over the years and will say without a doubt that the Outdoor World on 41st Ave is the best. Kevin is the most knowledgable guy there and will do his best to help you. They also have the best price on Transfers at $100 out the door. I know $100 is pretty pricey overall, but compared to Markleys it's a steal.

Also good to hear there are more people living in hippy/dope/hackysack/liberal central arming up.

Regards,
Mike

i will second that kevin is a good guy and willing to help you out.

Dr Rockso
05-20-2010, 7:48 PM
i will second that kevin is a good guy and willing to help you out.

Is Kevin the younger guy with the beard?