View Full Version : Magpul Industries Support... gotta say pretty awesome!

05-19-2010, 5:19 AM
Big UPS and PROPS to Justin Beard from Magpul Industries... I'm not gonna make this long, but he basically handled my problem quickly and efficiently even though it was MY fault.

I bought a UBR stock and in my haste to install it, I was not careful enough. I threaded the screw to the Receiver Extension that also holds the Main Tube Body (Cheek weld) piece against the lower receiver. In any case, I couldn't back the screw out either... totally f@cked it up!!!

I called Justin and told him that I may need some assistance drilling the screw out and I'll pay for whatever it costs for a new screw or buffer tube. Oh and I totally screwed up and marred the finish on the stock body trying to get the screw out with various, futile methods. I sent him the Buffer Tube that was stuck to the Main tube with the screw partially backed out. He said he'd take care of it.

Fast forward a few days and he sends me back three new parts no charge! For my screw up! Thanks, man!! And he sent me a little bonus product as well (PM me if you wanna know) That's great service right there. And it didn't cost me anything.

Am I a Magpul fanboy? No... but with this act of graciousness on their part (did I mentioned i f@cked up the install myself?) I think I will be from this day forward.

Ok... so it was long afterall... sue me... Magpul rules!

Here are the parts I screwed up and they replaced for me...

05-19-2010, 5:58 AM
Yep, par for the course for Magpul. They're good folks in all respects. :D

05-19-2010, 6:08 AM
I'm glad to hear you were taken care of. The way I look at it, even if they did pay for your screwup, your word-of-mouth advertising could sell ten stocks for them. So aside from being the right thing to do, it's really an investment for them. I wish more companies operated with that ethos.

05-19-2010, 6:16 AM
Yep, par for the course for Magpul. They're good folks in all respects. :D

SNap!!! What a coincidence! I bought this stock from you! lol.. and i messed it up, but they fixed me up real good.. nice littel bonus item and an extra sticker.

And yeah the word of mouth for them would be great, but if they treated everyone this way, then they deserve it! Cheers, Justin!

And I'll definitely advertise it for them... I'll picture whore my rifles when I get back from work today.

05-19-2010, 8:23 AM
What's the bonus product? No need to keep it secret.

05-19-2010, 8:28 AM
I had an issue with a follower while making a 10/30 one time, emailed Justin, not only did he send me a new follower for my existing PMAG body, but he sent me a new PMAG rebuild kit, stickers, and patches. No charge.

THAT is what I call customer service.

05-19-2010, 8:34 AM
They did this same thing for me recently..

The new VFG main nut is super thin and small, so its easy to strip out. I was installing it and removing it at least 15 times to try different positions, and add the lil finger grip on and off, and also adjust how it went in to get it perfectly on my gun. After removing that small tiny bolt holding it on so many times, the small nut finally stripped out to the point it would only tighten so much.

I messaged them saying it was 100% my fault, and to let me know how how much shipping is and how to pay

They sent me new hardware at no charge, and sent it 2 day priority the very next day.

Magpul is my new fav company..

05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
My second black Magpul PRS stock came straight from Magpul without sling mounts ?? They used 2 sheetmetal nuts ( The same ones Magpul uses everywhere else...oblong and threaded ) to thread the bolts into instead of the aluminum sling mounts.

I figured they just had someone new on the assembly line and the bolts threaded perfectly into the sheetmetal nuts so they used them.

Called Magpul , in 2 days I had the correct aluminum sling mounts ...screws ( Didnt request those...actually the screws were correct ) and a ventilated mounting screw at my door no charge.

It saved me from having to send the entire stock back in exchange for another correctly built one. Great customer service and fast too.

05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Ive herd their customer service is awesome. Im not a fan of their stocks and grips but I LOVE their mags!

05-19-2010, 10:34 AM
I had some issues with the DVD when the first Carbine DVD came out. They sent me news ones no questions asked. Good people, good company, great products!

05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I had an issue with a follower while making a 10/30 one time, emailed Justin, not only did he send me a new follower for my existing PMAG body, but he sent me a new PMAG rebuild kit, stickers, and patches. No charge.

THAT is what I call customer service.

Ok that's what I got.. Rebuild kit as extra.. Yeah and he sent two day express shipping too. Great company!

05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Yup. Magpul has always taken care of me no questions asked as well.

05-20-2010, 2:33 AM
and Picture whoring time! forgive the ugly camera pics (gotta get DSLR).

First build looking quite discolored from crappy camera

Second Build

05-20-2010, 2:35 AM
Second Build

05-20-2010, 4:14 AM
Looks evil?: Check
Black?: Check
Rifle? : Check

Your Evil Black Rifle certificate's in the mail ;)

05-21-2010, 11:30 PM
^ thx... working on thAT Evil Black Pistol certificate now! hehe

05-22-2010, 4:23 PM
yea magpul has great customer service! i had a few missing parts for my friends maid grip and they sent it out! i wasn't one of the lucky ones to get stickers or free rebuild kits, but i'm happy non the less!

05-22-2010, 5:12 PM
I have had 2 separate occasions where I required Magpul assistance and both times they were so quick to help.

The most recent time I bought a set of XTM that were irregular they sent me new ones and let me keep the old ones.