PDA

View Full Version : Quick mag release question.

johnrunner89
05-18-2010, 10:13 PM
So I just picked up one of the vamfire bullet button tools so I can quickly install the regular mag release on my AR for when I shoot .22lr and went to try it out. So I took the bullet button tool off (the tools works great!) and tried to install the regular magazine release button but noticed I couldn't turn the mag catch because of the bolt catch. Anyway I can install the regular mag release button w/o taking apart the bolt catch assembly?

Barabas
05-19-2010, 7:39 AM
Yes. You should be able to catch the first couple of threads in the standard mag release button before hitting your bolt release. Once you have, push the button in while turning the mag catch for additional clearance. You may need a tool if you have small or soft fingers.

shark92651
05-19-2010, 8:18 AM
Easy. Drop in the mag catch, then drop on the magazine release spring and then the button. Use the end of a plastic ball point pen or a punch to push the button all the way into the receiver and then hold it there while you spin on the mag catch from the other side. Stop once the catch is getting close to making contact with the bolt catch and you are done.

johnrunner89
05-20-2010, 3:24 PM
Thanks guys! Now I can enjoy shooting .22lr even more out of my AR!

jasonnorcal
05-20-2010, 4:13 PM
Easy. Drop in the mag catch, then drop on the magazine release spring and then the button. Use the end of a plastic ball point pen or a punch to push the button all the way into the receiver and then hold it there while you spin on the mag catch from the other side. Stop once the catch is getting close to making contact with the bolt catch and you are done.

Ha! Ballpoint pen is exactly what I use.