PDA

View Full Version : Eotech Issue: Streak through Reticle?

BunMaster
05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Has anyone run into an issue where the reticle has a streak through it or slightly dim in some parts of the reticle?

How did you fix this?

Eotech's website tells me to change the batteries (which I did...twice) and compare to another Eotech just incase it's my eyes (which I did, with another Eotech of the same model and it looked perfect)

Thanks!

-BM

joelogic
05-17-2010, 10:34 PM
pic?

Killawhale415
05-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Just call eotech and take advantage of their great customer service.

BunMaster
05-17-2010, 10:40 PM
le sigh...BunMaster was hoping not to expend much more energy than he has to.

If people are curious what it looks like, I'll post a picture tomorrow (camera is with a friend at the moment)

-BM

b.faust
05-17-2010, 10:40 PM
How did you fix this?

-BM

By sending it back.

When I buy an EoTech, Aimpoint, or Trijicon, I'm spending a lot of money on the name, and for that I expect quality and reliability, if I'm not getting it, it's in a box on the way back for the reliable quality piece I asked for in the first place.

BunMaster
05-17-2010, 10:43 PM
By sending it back.

When I buy an EoTech, Aimpoint, or Trijicon, I'm spending a lot of money on the name, and for that I expect quality and reliability, if I'm not getting it, it's in a box on the way back for the reliable quality piece I asked for in the first place.

Agreed. It's looking like what I'm going with.

In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure what other solutions I was expecting to hear. Maybe someone dragged their Eotech behind his/her truck and that solved it.

Thanks guys & gals.

-BM

b.faust
05-17-2010, 10:45 PM
In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure what other solutions I was expecting to hear. Maybe someone dragged their Eotech behind his/her truck and that solved it.

-BM

Well I hear if you wave a dead cat over it three times while chanting it'll fix things right up...
(when the new one shows up in the mail....)
:D

Killawhale415
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
By sending it back.

Yep if im spending that much money on optics of any kind it had better have a damn good warranty..... Which eotech does

Fate
05-17-2010, 10:51 PM

Aren't you glad the answer wasn't 16 hours of taking it up the poop chute from a 450 lb bald inmate named "Love Machine?" Oh, but your name IS BunMaster. Hmm.. :D

b.faust
05-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Aren't you glad the answer wasn't 16 hours of taking it up the poop chute from a 450 lb bald inmate named "Love Machine?" Oh, but your name IS BunMaster. Hmm.. :D

Someone is a few beers in and probably about 3 over their "don't post when drunk limit"

;)