PDA

View Full Version : need picture of Lockyer with guns, esp AWs...

bwiese
03-14-2006, 8:05 AM
[Let's not turn this into another comment/strategy thread.]

I'll keep it brief: can anyone send me a decent picture (or link thereto) of Bill Lockyer holding gun(s), esp an AW, would be appreciated. It doesn't have to be huge or ultrahigh resolution, when all is said & done it's gonna be maybe somewhere around 160x120 pixels.

;)

caduckgunner
03-14-2006, 8:09 AM
Will this work? http://www.nrawinningteam.com/0103/lockyer.jpg

bwiese
03-14-2006, 8:15 AM
Thank you caduckgunner! That's a good one.

Beggars can't be choosers, but do you have it in other sizes/resolutions/qualities?

If so, lemme know, and I'll have you email it to me, we'll make arrangements thru PM.

Do you have any attribution information for the photo?

caduckgunner
03-14-2006, 8:21 AM
Here's the link http://www.nrawinningteam.com/0103/sdlaws.html. It think came off a NRA website.

bwiese
03-14-2006, 9:04 AM
Thank you! ;)

Surveyor
03-14-2006, 2:27 PM
Will this work? http://www.nrawinningteam.com/0103/lockyer.jpg

Maybe someone should give the AG a quick gun saftey lesson. My 9 year old took one look at that picture and asked me why he has that muzzle in an unsafe direction.:D

shopkeep
03-14-2006, 2:29 PM
Maybe someone should give the AG a quick gun saftey lesson. My 9 year old took one look at that picture and asked me why he has that muzzle in an unsafe direction.:D

If you think that's funny, how about the fact that he "was awarded" his law degree in night school only a year or two prior to becomming the AG. Don't you think it's a bit odd that the AG has ZERO experience as a practicing attorney?

blacklisted
03-14-2006, 2:33 PM
That image works perfectly.

glen avon
03-14-2006, 2:35 PM
well, he must be doing OK because he was just named one of the lawyers of the year here in CA.

he went to law school while holding down a job, you try that. he became AG 9 years after earning his law degree and passing the bar exam, one of the toughest in the nation.

AG doesn't chase ambulances. his experience more than qualifies him for AG. who would you prefer? Larry H. Parker? Jackie Chiles? F. Lee Bailey?

"A native Californian and former teacher, Lockyer brings a distinguished career in public service to the office of Attorney General. He served in the California Legislature for 25 years, chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee for nearly a decade and was the Senate leader as President Pro Tem from 1994 to 1998.

As a legislator, Lockyer authored and supported legislation that increased criminal sentences by more than 2,000 years. He has written many of the laws that crack down on domestic violence, drunken driving, sexual predators, repeat offenders and child abusers.

As Attorney General, Lockyer has acted to improve public safety through increased attention to crime prevention and criminal apprehension, support and vigorous enforcement of firearms laws and new services to victims of crime. He has also expanded enforcement of state environmental protection laws in order to protect water quality, public health and California's natural resources. And he has established his Civil Rights Section as one of the largest state offices in the nation.

Attorney General Lockyer has made solving crimes and stopping criminals through the use of DNA technology one of his top priorities. Since taking office, he has devoted more resources to collecting and analyzing DNA samples that are searchable against crime scene DNA evidence, even in old cases once thought to be unsolvable. In fact, under Attorney General Lockyer's watch the state DNA databank has seen an exponential increase in DNA "cold hits" - cases where suspects were identified and apprehended in previously unsolved crimes.

As Co Chair of the National Association of Attorneys General Consumer Protection Committee, Attorney General Lockyer has taken a leadership role in the development of important consumer protection initiatives, including the protection of individual privacy rights, investigating unfair gasoline pricing practices and fighting identity theft.

A graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, Attorney General Lockyer also received a teaching credential from California State University, Hayward. He earned his law degree from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento while serving in the State Senate. "

if you must make ad hominem attacks, at least get the facts straight.

PanzerAce
03-14-2006, 2:38 PM
glen, who doesnt have their facts straight? from what I see, only shop 'attacked' him, and his statement seems to be supported by what you just posted.

glen avon
03-14-2006, 2:43 PM
shop attacked him, and did not have his facts straight. shopkeep wrote that lockyer got his law degree from night school and 2 years later, and unqualified, was elected AG.

If Lockyer did attend night school, then he has even more to be proud of. law school alone is bad enough, doing it while employed is not a bad thing.

I know many here are not pleased with what DOJ is doing, but that does not justify ad hominem attacks, especially false ones, and they do us more harm than good.

grammaton76
03-14-2006, 2:44 PM
well, he must be doing OK because he was just named one of the lawyers of the year here in CA.

Bill, is that you?

Nah, even if you are, I don't mind. I just found it amusing that I think that's the first positive thing I've seen said about Lockyer on this board.

bwiese
03-14-2006, 2:46 PM
I'll give him credit for passing the bar.

He went to McGeorge (part of UoP). I do recall hearing that he was part of the night?? or part-time?? program while he served in the Senate. While that might be a full-time job, he certainly had lots of free time (or the ability to structure his time) so he could attend classes - something that other folks in the real world/private-sector arena would have a hard time matching (i.e., doing engineering work 8-5 then skedaddling over to law school in evening is much different than a legislative schmoozefest workday.)

But as AG, he's more of a figurehead political manager. (Hell, most AGs are anyway). He's never gonna enter a courtroom and try a case. His Deputy AGs and staff trial attorneys would freak and tell him "No, Bill, no!!"

As far as 'experience' - well, when he was a legislator, he likely didn't even write the laws he proposed. He had staff members (and/or lobbyists) do that.

PanzerAce
03-14-2006, 2:47 PM
shop attacked him, and did not have his facts straight. shopkeep wrote that lockyer got his law degree from night school and 2 years later, and unqualified, was elected AG.

If Lockyer did attend night school, then he has even more to be proud of. law school alone is bad enough, doing it while employed is not a bad thing.

I know many here are not pleased with what DOJ is doing, but that does not justify ad hominem attacks, especially false ones, and they do us more harm than good.

AFAIK, the attack was more about his lack of experience practicing law than about when/where/how hee got his degree. Whatever, if you want to keep debating this with me, then PM me, bill asked us nicely not to comment on this thread, so I wont after this.

shopkeep
03-14-2006, 2:49 PM
glen, who doesnt have their facts straight? from what I see, only shop 'attacked' him, and his statement seems to be supported by what you just posted.

At first I simply thought that Glen was a Democrat and staunch supporter of his political party. Then I concluded what he really was: a thesis troll.

The Thesis Troll is a very special kind of forum troll that trolls based on hours of online and offline research. The thesis troll believes each post should have footnotes in it and have extensive online and offline research. There is no casual posting between friends, only carefully thought out and heavily researched theory and research papers.

This, my friends, is what a Thesis Troll is.

Did I have all the facts 100% accurate and researched from various online and offline sources: no. But did I get the basic facts and point across: YES.

Sig226
03-14-2006, 2:52 PM
I get the feeling that Glen is a Democrat.

LOL

Even so, being a Gun owning democrat one would think he would not be so pro-Lockyer.

Glen == Iggy :-)

Jeff Rambo
03-14-2006, 3:07 PM
Folks, if someone does not share an opinion that is in line with your own, that is not reason enough to label them an outcasts. Glen's rebuttal was a valid one. Leave it at that.

blacklisted
03-14-2006, 3:23 PM
Visit my thread, give me pics!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=30239

colossians323
03-14-2006, 8:01 PM

he went to law school while holding down a job, you try that. he became AG 9 years after earning his law degree and passing the bar exam, one of the toughest in the nation.

AG doesn't chase ambulances. his experience more than qualifies him for AG. who would you prefer? Larry H. Parker? Jackie Chiles? F. Lee Bailey?

"A native Californian and former teacher, Lockyer brings a distinguished career in public service to the office of Attorney General. He served in the California Legislature for 25 years, chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee for nearly a decade and was the Senate leader as President Pro Tem from 1994 to 1998.

As a legislator, Lockyer authored and supported legislation that increased criminal sentences by more than 2,000 years. He has written many of the laws that crack down on domestic violence, drunken driving, sexual predators, repeat offenders and child abusers.

As Attorney General, Lockyer has acted to improve public safety through increased attention to crime prevention and criminal apprehension, support and vigorous enforcement of firearms laws and new services to victims of crime. He has also expanded enforcement of state environmental protection laws in order to protect water quality, public health and California's natural resources. And he has established his Civil Rights Section as one of the largest state offices in the nation.

Attorney General Lockyer has made solving crimes and stopping criminals through the use of DNA technology one of his top priorities. Since taking office, he has devoted more resources to collecting and analyzing DNA samples that are searchable against crime scene DNA evidence, even in old cases once thought to be unsolvable. In fact, under Attorney General Lockyer's watch the state DNA databank has seen an exponential increase in DNA "cold hits" - cases where suspects were identified and apprehended in previously unsolved crimes.

As Co Chair of the National Association of Attorneys General Consumer Protection Committee, Attorney General Lockyer has taken a leadership role in the development of important consumer protection initiatives, including the protection of individual privacy rights, investigating unfair gasoline pricing practices and fighting identity theft.

A graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, Attorney General Lockyer also received a teaching credential from California State University, Hayward. He earned his law degree from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento while serving in the State Senate. "

if you must make ad hominem attacks, at least get the facts straight.

You post all this for what,

The facts are, that he is just another liberal politician with a fetish for power........................ period.
Is this ad hominem? You be the judge, look at the facts.

Me thinks they speak loud and clear.

PanzerAce
03-14-2006, 8:10 PM
Stop Hijacking Bill's Thread Damnit.