PDA

View Full Version : Rifle ranges with moving targets?

gose
03-14-2006, 8:57 AM
Back home every county had to have a certain number of rifle ranges with moving targets, so people could practice for the hunting season (Yes, hunting is very big over there). Most people are members of hunting clubs and almost all of those clubs require their members to qualify on the range yearly, so there are quite a few ranges around. I haven't seen any ranges around here with moving targets, are there any at all?

grammaton76
03-14-2006, 9:03 AM
Back home every county had to have a certain number of rifle ranges with moving targets, so people could practice for the hunting season (Yes, hunting is very big over there). Most people are members of hunting clubs and almost all of those clubs require their members to qualify on the range yearly, so there are quite a few ranges around. I haven't seen any ranges around here with moving targets, are there any at all?

Yes, most of the outdoor ranges have moving targets. However, they're only out on the range once every so often. Right after the RSO yells out "Cease Fire", a lot of them start wandering out on the line.

However, it is very strongly frowned upon to start shooting at those targets, they do tend to shoot back...

On a serious note though, I think some of the competitions set up moving targets at regular ranges. Outside of competitions, I don't think there are many moving targets here...

NRAhighpowershooter
03-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Now that Livermoor rifle range is open again.. do they still do the 'Running Deer"?

mow
03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Now that Livermoor rifle range is open again.. do they still do the 'Running Deer"?

Not that I know of, the range is nice and new, I became a member there because of the trap range at the bottom of the hill and I am about 5 miles closer to teh Livermore range than the Chabot range .... Next year I will be back at the Chabot Gun Club, their trap range is much smaller, but they have so much more to offer range wise in this area. Whne I want to shoot and both are closed I'll head over to Davis St. in San Leandro until 9PM :)

kick Z tail out
03-14-2006, 2:06 PM
East LA has a good one. It's called 'the hood'. ;)

Jicko
03-14-2006, 2:11 PM
You can ALWAYS take your AR out to shoot skeets, traps, or clays.... those moving targets flies.... they come in orange, white, yellow and maybe more colors....

PanzerAce
03-14-2006, 2:12 PM

meh, I think East Palo Alto or maybe Oakland would be a better bet ;D

adamsreeftank
03-14-2006, 2:56 PM
Where are you located?

If you are in NorCal, USI in Concord has a moving target setup, although I have never shot it. You need to join the Diablo Valley club to use it though.

Richard
03-14-2006, 3:10 PM
HEY ESE :cool: .......it's called "the Barrio".....I think you watch a little too much T.V.:rolleyes:

kick Z tail out
03-14-2006, 4:25 PM
HEY ESE :cool: .......it's called "the Barrio".....I think you watch a little too much T.V.:rolleyes:
Oh yeah, we have one of those too. It all depends on what game you're hunting ;)

Kidding people! :p