View Full Version : FN PS90

05-17-2010, 3:13 PM
Alright Im retarded...Arent their any Cali legal FN PS90/P90's?? where are all of the pics and what is needed to make them cali legal?? Sorry just didnt find a whole lot while searching.

05-17-2010, 3:32 PM
I wanted one of these for awhile as well, but then I held one with the buttstock-spacers on the back and absolutely hated it. It totally throws off the balance of the gun and eye-relief on the optic. If you don't use those spacers then you're gonna need a REALLY long barrel extension/ fake suppressor. No thanks, for me. YMMV.

Here's munkeeboi's

05-17-2010, 3:35 PM
Here's another. I guess this one isn't SO bad, but still looks a little goofy with the faux suppressor way out there...

05-17-2010, 3:39 PM
I) Extension: Barrel/Butt or Barrel or buttstock.

The gun needs to reach the 30" min req, and that takes an additional 4". The gun is very thrown off by these additions.

II) Magazine lock. These are offered by one of our local people, or you can just order an extra mag release, shave the sides off, and cut some sheetmetal to the right size.

Heres a good article by GregChico:

and another :

05-17-2010, 4:40 PM
I believe it is Cold War Shooters and LAN World INC who are the go-to guys for Californiacated PS90s.

05-17-2010, 6:34 PM
I almost went with one of these but honestly the round just doesnt cut it for me. For my wife its a great toy but for me I had to have something stronger...I say go FS2000 or MSAR.

Used PS90s go from $1200-$1400. Not that much at all really. Used FS2000s go from $1800-$2000.

This PS90 look good though. Throw on a C-More and youre good to go

05-17-2010, 8:44 PM
Yeah being cali legal does make it look pretty gay!! Well throw that out. It just looked like a fun rifle and one that I could get my wife interested in shooting.

05-22-2010, 6:14 PM
Yeah being cali legal does make it look pretty gay!! Well throw that out. It just looked like a fun rifle and one that I could get my wife interested in shooting.

I am not saying dont get it. Its really fun to shoot and reliable. Ammo is kinda hard to find but dont let that make or break a deal. I would say buy it for her. You guys wont be disappointed by any means.

You dont have to make it look all cheesy like those pics. Just buy the standard PS90.

05-22-2010, 9:17 PM
Find one to handle/shoot before buying. I just couldn't get comfortable with it, I think it was primarily the squared stock, made getting a nice cheek weld awkward (I'm sure this could be fixed though with a stock pack/pad). Fun round/gun to shoot though, and ammo can be found at most online retailers for the price of quality 5.56 (no Wolf equivalent in 5.7), about $425 for 1,000 rounds.

Once A Marine
05-22-2010, 9:33 PM
I have one that I bought from LanWorld. Great shooting gun,even with the stock extension - I haven't had a problem using the optics with it at all, though I would prefer the normal length, of course.