View Full Version : c&r in s.f.

03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Is there any chance of being granted a c&r license while one lives in the city and county of San Francisco? Would I have better luck looking for parking on a Saturday night, or finding a house for under half a million. Does Pat Robertson have a better chance of being elected mayor? In other words is it a long shot? thanks

03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. Just submit your application and see if your C&R shows up.

Mesa Tactical
03-14-2006, 3:57 AM
Your have to list your local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) on your application (usually the county sheriff). Dunno what the ATF does with that information. Do they forward the application to your CLEO for vetting?

03-14-2006, 6:08 AM
I have a C&R license and live in SF. I sent a copy of my application to Heather Fong. IIRC sending a copy to the CLEO isn't for their approval but serves as a notification that you're applying for a license.

Mssr. Eleganté
03-14-2006, 6:09 AM
The applicant has to forward a copy of the application to their chief law enforcement officer. The line on the form to list your CLEO is to certify that you sent him a copy.

ATF doesn't contact your CLEO, and your CLEO doesn't really have a say in whether you get your C&R FFL or not, unless they have some negative info about you that for some reason doesn't appear on your NICS record.

If Proposition H is upheld the local ATF office might contact you to let you know that you can't use your C&R FFL to have guns shipped to you in San Francisco. But you will still be able to buy stuff in person while out of town or out of state.

03-14-2006, 7:19 AM
Doesn't seem you'll have a problem. The C&R is processed at the federal level, the ATF. The copy for your local CLEO is sent and I suppose that's you're exposure there, but that's usually just a FYI to the CLEO unless you have a record locally.

03-14-2006, 7:59 PM
Thanks for every reply. It sounds like I was wrong and have a better than decent chance of getting it. I was under the impression that my S.F. overlords had a say. It seems that the feds might be the good guys in this case. weird.