PDA

View Full Version : Bad Influence

einstein
03-13-2006, 8:36 PM
In today’s LA Times (Monday March 13 2006) there is a frontpage story titled “An Outward Show of Political Influence”. This is the link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-nalbandian13mar13,0,6804507,full.story?coll=la-home-local

Or go to latimes.com. You'll see the title of the story.

Basically a cop wannabe has organized a group of friends to donate money to Sheriff Baca. In return he and his friends get badges and cards designating them as “Homeland Security Support Unit”, “Sheriff’s Executive Council” and Bureau of Justice”. According to the article, these I.D.'s are real-looking enough to make some people think they are real.

Buried deep within the story: “Baca’s staff has approved concealed weapons permits for Nalbandian…” and another guy involved in this nonsense.

Why is this (re: concealed weapons) not in the sub-headline?

And what is this @!#$%$#!ing nonsense! Lee Baca, Bob Doyle (Riverside Sheriff) and San Bernardino County Dist. Attorney Mike Ramos are simply selling favors. These guys are supposed to be top law enforcement people.

The only way I'm getting a CCW here in Glendale is if I can prove there's a loaded and chambered gun being pointed at my head at this moment. And even then it'd take 6 months to get one.

Guess I'm not giving the right amount of money to the right people.

einstein

Charliegone
03-13-2006, 8:41 PM
In today’s LA Times (Monday March 13 2006) there is a frontpage story titled “An Outward Show of Political Influence”. This is the link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-nalbandian13mar13,0,6804507,full.story?coll=la-home-local

Or go to latimes.com. You'll see the title of the story.

Basically a cop wannabe has organized a group of friends to donate money to Sheriff Baca. In return he and his friends get badges and cards designating them as “Homeland Security Support Unit”, “Sheriff’s Executive Council” and Bureau of Justice”. According to the article, these I.D.'s are real-looking enough to make some people think they are real.

Buried deep within the story: “Baca’s staff has approved concealed weapons permits for Nalbandian…” and another guy involved in this nonsense.

Why is this (re: concealed weapons) not in the sub-headline?

And what is this @!#$%$#!ing nonsense! Lee Baca, Bob Doyle (Riverside Sheriff) and San Bernardino County Dist. Attorney Mike Ramos are simply selling favors. These guys are supposed to be top law enforcement people.

The only way I'm getting a CCW here in Glendale is if I can prove there's a loaded and chambered gun being pointed at my head at this moment. And even then it'd take 6 months to get one.

Guess I'm not giving the right amount of money to the right people.

einstein

Don't worry, they'll protect us if the gun grabbers take all our guns...for a fee that is... bunch of crooked punks! You should forward this to the Brady Campaign.

StuckInCA
03-13-2006, 9:22 PM
Funny, I got my CCW thru Riverside SO... NEVER spoke to Sheriff Doyle(only to the Cpl. in charge of the CCW Unit) and didn't have to pya anyone off or contribute to a campaign (other than the $200 fee to the dept., plus the CCW class fee)..

Hope they didn't pull my voting records, and see I didn't vote for the sheriff in the last election...:D

-Andy

Josh
03-13-2006, 10:34 PM
"shall issue" would solve this damned double standard/favoritism with CCW permits.

CALI-gula
03-14-2006, 1:14 AM
I wonder if any of these "Homeland Security Support Unit" guys given power by Baca like to drive Ferrari Enzos and wreck them on occasion, and smash them up on PCH?? :rolleyes:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari3mar03,0,1423392.story?coll=la-home-headlines

...The car's owner, a former video game executive from Sweden, told Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies at the scene of the Feb. 21 accident in Malibu that he was deputy commissioner of the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority's police anti-terrorism unit, detectives said Thursday.

A few minutes after the crash, two unidentified men arrived at the scene, flashing badges and saying they were from "homeland security," according to Sheriff's Department officials...

*** Feb 27 - 7:30 PM EST - Police now believe a gun clip found near the accident scene may be linked to Mr. Eriksson. They also believe there was another passenger in the car when the crash occurred. They have called Mr. Eriksson in for another interview.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/

filefish
03-14-2006, 1:24 AM
Sounds like the citizen’s auxiliary police:D

Ford8N
03-14-2006, 5:29 AM

citizen’s auxiliary police=Militia

glen avon
03-14-2006, 7:00 AM
citizen’s auxiliary police=Militia

serving proudly under Gen. Phil Hendrie

bg
03-14-2006, 9:16 AM
You sir, are absolutely correct..

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL544/713502/1204867/133286261.jpg

Surveyor
03-14-2006, 2:45 PM
I wonder if any of these "Homeland Security Support Unit" guys given power by Baca like to drive Ferrari Enzos and wreck them on occasion, and smash them up on PCH?? :rolleyes:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ferrari3mar03,0,1423392.story?coll=la-home-headlines

...The car's owner, a former video game executive from Sweden, told Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies at the scene of the Feb. 21 accident in Malibu that he was deputy commissioner of the San Gabriel Valley Transit Authority's police anti-terrorism unit, detectives said Thursday.

A few minutes after the crash, two unidentified men arrived at the scene, flashing badges and saying they were from "homeland security," according to Sheriff's Department officials...

*** Feb 27 - 7:30 PM EST - Police now believe a gun clip found near the accident scene may be linked to Mr. Eriksson. They also believe there was another passenger in the car when the crash occurred. They have called Mr. Eriksson in for another interview.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/
I like how the anchor man in the video call it a "Deadly crash". A split lip was the only reported injury. Next he's gonna refer to my semi-auto as an assault weapon designed to spray bullets. :rolleyes:

grammaton76
03-14-2006, 2:49 PM
I like how the anchor man in the video call it a "Deadly crash". A split lip was the only reported injury. Next he's gonna refer to my semi-auto as an assault weapon designed to spray bullets. :rolleyes:

I believe you mean "deadly automatic bullet hose" there. :)

CALI-gula
03-14-2006, 8:58 PM

The relationship these 2 stories have is uncanny. But the Ferrari crash and its outrageous soap-opera-like twists is insatiably compelling.

What should be highly noted IS that nothing more than a split lip was begotten in an Enzo crash (a rare event alone). And if there really was a "One-Armed Man" driver that ran from the crash unscathed (albeit, a split lip) then the fact that both of these guys can stand upright after a 100+ MPH crash that ripped the car into 3 pieces, engine up-ended bare on the road, it is a proof-positive testament to the ingenious of Ferrari. Not just the fastest car in the world, but also the safest?

Can you imagine if this was a Honda Civic at 100+ ? A Dodge Viper? Or even an "utlra-safe" Volvo? I am very willing to bet the results would not have been the same. They would have been peeling gray matter from the sun visors, the hood, the road, the trees, and attempting to figure out which arms and which legs went to the driver or the passenger.

Ferrari amazes me. And they never "scrimp" or worrry about building for the masses.