View Full Version : How Do I Use My TV as a Monitor?

05-16-2010, 8:39 PM
I've got a 52 inch LCD Samsung connected to a denon receiver. I want to use it as a monitor so I can play games on the TV. I've already plugged an HDMI cable from the computer into the receiver but the TV is black and the computer automatically resets resolution to a higher setter. What else should I do? I've got a Dell Studio 17 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

05-16-2010, 9:23 PM
You may want to read up on your Radeon 3650 to find the right driver/settings to get the full 1920x1080 @ 60Hz signal setup.

Getting the appropriate signal sent out of your video card and getting your TV to accept said signal can be a bit tricky (in my experience, it's never 100% plug and play)

I spent a bit of time getting my older Radeon 1950XT to talk to my Westinghouse 42" LCD. It took going to a specific version of the drivers to get the full signal transmitted.
Once I got that working, you better believe I did NOT screw with the video drivers after that.

AVS forum, not calguns, is a good place to visit.

05-17-2010, 2:20 AM
You probably have to enable HDMI output in the video card settings. After that it should work just fine.