PDA

View Full Version : DS arms any good?

xbimmers
05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Ran into DS arms products such as lowers and uppers. What does their quality compare too? Is it as good as Stag or CMMG???

Thanks for your feedback.

SJgunguy24
05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Ran into DS arms products such as lowers and uppers. What does their quality compare too? Is it as good as Stag or CMMG???

Thanks for your feedback.

For what? AR stuff?

Not sure, I know their FAL stuff is some of the best money can buy.

xbimmers
05-16-2010, 1:06 PM
Yes for AR stuff.

For what? AR stuff?

Not sure, I know their FAL stuff is some of the best money can buy.

Barabas
05-16-2010, 2:04 PM
They can be slow to ship, won't notify you if things are on backorder, and have very poor customer service.

That said, their products are usually top notch and they offer factory coatings that you usually don't find except in specialty shops. Be aware that if there is a QC problem, which does happen on occasion, they will be very slow to respond and might try to avoid taking blame.

If you can buy new DSA parts off the shelf from a stocking dealer, it is worth the premium to avoid the hassle of dealing with them directly.

Sicarius
05-16-2010, 7:17 PM
Not impressed with their lower. I payed full price for one and it had pitting on the corner..
Kevin

darkest2000
05-16-2010, 8:27 PM
DSArms is known for their FAL stuff, I'm not saying their AR stuff isn't good but unless you have a specific need I personally wouldn't go out of my way and spend any extra on a DSA.

steve2071
05-17-2010, 5:45 AM
I have their ZM-4 16" carbine upper. It's pretty good, but it's also not chrome lined if that is important to you. 1:9 twist and really affordable. It's a good deal. I've put about 3000 rounds through it and haven't encountered any problems at all. Good for a bench gun, but if you're going to be using it for hard hard use, I might splurge a little more. Even then though, I think it might perform decently with heavy use.