PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster Walmart

Farva
05-16-2010, 11:23 AM
So I go in to my local Walmart and head over to the ammo section, ask for some .22Lr packs and the lady takes it over to the register, she looks up and asks me, "Are these for a rifle or a pistol?"

I look at her and ask why it matters and she replies, "If this is for a pistol Im going to have to finger print you. We have to fingerprint everyone for pistol ammunition."

I did not try and debate her, simply told her they were going to be rifle rounds and paid and went on my way without fingerprinting. Im going to head back there soon and see if any of the other employees ask me or attempt to finger print me or if it was just one misinformed lady.

Anyone else having to get fingerprinted for ammo yet?

Jared145
05-16-2010, 11:50 AM
That is ridiculous, is it state law or just store policy?

on a different note, the lancaster 24hr fitness is trying to make me give them my finger print so I can sign in...I refused that

Lyte-
05-16-2010, 12:45 PM
thats their new biometric's systems. They are going to be installed in all of the clubs soon. the issue is that they never took anyones print when you orginally signed up so I don't understand the point. Nor was there a requirement when I signed my paperwork that I give them a finger print so I will also be declining when they install those in my local club.

Eight O Clock
05-16-2010, 2:29 PM
los angeles city makes you give a thumb print and drivers license #. i did it once 8 years ago and have not bought ammo there since.

Rhys898
05-16-2010, 4:12 PM
Lancaster is not part of L.A. city, and sounds like they are jumping the gun on the requirements for whatever that law is that goes into effect next February.

It's been about a month but I have not been asked for fingerprint or ID for pistol ammo in any of the 3 Santa Clarita Walmarts.