PDA

View Full Version : FFL Question

jemaddux
03-13-2006, 9:33 AM
Now my question is, if a FFL orders a punch for some people and then has them in stock before they are payed for and DROS is done does the FFL get stuck with them or is there a period of time to get rid of stock if they suddenly do come up with a list?

rkt88edmo
03-13-2006, 9:39 AM
If punch = bunch of lowers

My understanding is that they would have to get rid of their stock that isn't DROSd out of state once the DOJ makes an announcement. I think the DOJ faxes FFLs with updates for this kind of stuff to give notice.

jemaddux
03-13-2006, 9:55 AM
Yes "punch" = "bunch" ooopppsssss

It seems to me that DOJ is delaying processing for central list for a FFL that I know of. That is why I am asking. That would be pretty messed up if they delayed everything and then changed the list.

bwiese
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
We think the DOJ will eventually be listing lowers.
We are hoping it's sooner rather than later, for a variety of reasons :)

If the FFL gets stuck with some lowers after they are declared as AWs, he must dispose of them in the 90 day period after declaration.

Now, I am not sure, but he might have to dispose of them thru a dealer that also holds an AW permit since I don't think the FFL can ship them out of state since they're AWs. (12280(a) might apply.)

There will likely be at least 10 days before a list is announced & formally/legally updated. It would make sense for a dealer to act in those 10 days to sell/dispose of all his lowers.