PDA

View Full Version : Need a logo designer

GraveyardTactical
05-16-2010, 7:56 AM
Looking to have a company logo made.
Here's a rough idea that I did in with Google, Paintbrush and 10 minutes.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/wiseoldjames/30156_392212332769_562177769_381165.jpg
PM me.

gravedigger
05-16-2010, 10:43 AM
As a former employee of several sign shops, the very first problem I see is the great difficulty in duplication across several medias. IF you are going to ONLY put this on business cards or T-shirts (printed media) this will work ... okay. I'm guessing your original artwork is about 6 inches wide?

However, if you are ever planning to make a real sign out of it, or a banner, or anything LARGE, you will instantly run into resolution problems. As soon as you try to print it VERY large, it will turn into a mozaic, looking like tiles with no smoothe edges, and lots of undesirable effects.

When you design a logo, design it at 72 DPI, and make the "MASTER_LOGO.psd" file the actual size of the largest sign you think you wil ever need. If you think you'll put this on a billboard one day, ten feet wide and eight feet tall, then the master file had better be that size.

It is easy to shrink a detailed logo down to make it smaller for a truck door, or a T-shirt or a business card, or whatever. It is very difficult to make a small logo larger, for the side of a building, or something of that scale.

Beyond that, this type of logo demads that it always be printed. That means, you'll never be able to cut this out of plexiglass, or vinyl, or sheet metal (CNC) because of the intricate detail that cannot be easily reproduced EXCEPT by printing, or photography techniques.

Beyond that, it needs a bit of work, unless the rifle barrels are supposed to be "bent" inside of the skull?

Good luck with it. When thinking "company logo", ask yourself, "Why is Burger King's logo so simple?" They could have a big, juicy photo of a double cheeseburger with the lettuce and onions and pickles, right? True. But that could not be reproduced using the plex and vinyl they usually employ for their signs.

Simple logos like Pepsi and Coca Cola can be made out of virtually any materials or process, and made to any size without loss of detail or complications of scale.

Just as an experiment, take your logo, enlarge it to 4 feet wide, and print a small section of it to see what I am talking about.

mrboma
05-16-2010, 11:51 AM
PM sent...
Regards,
Mike

fdbizzle
05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
As a former employee of several sign shops, the very first problem I see is the great difficulty in duplication across several medias. IF you are going to ONLY put this on business cards or T-shirts (printed media) this will work ... okay. I'm guessing your original artwork is about 6 inches wide?

However, if you are ever planning to make a real sign out of it, or a banner, or anything LARGE, you will instantly run into resolution problems. As soon as you try to print it VERY large, it will turn into a mozaic, looking like tiles with no smoothe edges, and lots of undesirable effects.

When you design a logo, design it at 72 DPI, and make the "MASTER_LOGO.psd" file the actual size of the largest sign you think you wil ever need. If you think you'll put this on a billboard one day, ten feet wide and eight feet tall, then the master file had better be that size.

It is easy to shrink a detailed logo down to make it smaller for a truck door, or a T-shirt or a business card, or whatever. It is very difficult to make a small logo larger, for the side of a building, or something of that scale.

Beyond that, this type of logo demads that it always be printed. That means, you'll never be able to cut this out of plexiglass, or vinyl, or sheet metal (CNC) because of the intricate detail that cannot be easily reproduced EXCEPT by printing, or photography techniques.

Beyond that, it needs a bit of work, unless the rifle barrels are supposed to be "bent" inside of the skull?

Good luck with it. When thinking "company logo", ask yourself, "Why is Burger King's logo so simple?" They could have a big, juicy photo of a double cheeseburger with the lettuce and onions and pickles, right? True. But that could not be reproduced using the plex and vinyl they usually employ for their signs.

Simple logos like Pepsi and Coca Cola can be made out of virtually any materials or process, and made to any size without loss of detail or complications of scale.

Just as an experiment, take your logo, enlarge it to 4 feet wide, and print a small section of it to see what I am talking about.

if i do a logo or anything print, i'd probably start with illustrator, silhouette the images and bam. pm sent

GraveyardTactical
05-16-2010, 4:00 PM
I know. I threw this together merely as a design idea, kind of a way to let me actually see the basic idea in my head. Like i said, 10 mins, Google, and Paintbrush lol this is why I need someone that actually know about design.
I have problems drawing straight lines with rulers

Killa Kangaroo
06-16-2010, 11:19 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs558.ash1/32508_119448528099144_100001019915431_113438_13141 58_n.jpg

Let me know what kind of logo you want and I can make anything.
I also make Business Cards, Decals, T-Shirts, lic plate frames.. anything you can think of..
http://www.facebook.com/kangaroographics

Seesm
06-16-2010, 9:10 PM
I make all sorta of logos... What is cool is you have a idea or your direction you want it to go... Most of the time I build in Adobe Illustrator (vector line art) can be made into anything basically and colors swapped easy etc etc...

soopafly
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
check out: http://so-funky.net/live/ click on "portfolio and logo showcase" > "logo showcase" and you will see a small sample of my logo work.

I designed the Calguns Foundation logo, consulted on the re-design of the Calguns.net logo, designed the outdoor banners for Calguns.net and Calguns Foundation, plus provided several Calguns.net T-shirt designs. PM me if you are interested in further discussing.

user name
06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
check out: http://so-funky.net/live/ click on "portfolio and logo showcase" > "logo showcase" and you will see a small sample of my logo work.

I designed the Calguns Foundation logo, consulted on the re-design of the Calguns.net logo, designed the outdoor banners for Calguns.net and Calguns Foundation, plus provided several Calguns.net T-shirt designs. PM me if you are interested in further discussing.

soup a fly! did a great job on my 34 page catalog! Good guy!