PDA

View Full Version : UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Class - Cost is $80 - 6/20/15 - San Dimas, CA

D-Man
05-15-2010, 8:39 PM
This is my next multi-state (UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ) CCW course. After completion of this course and successful application to the states above, you will be able to carry concealed in over 34 states! Cost is $80, payable by: cash, check, money order, or credit card. Class starts promptly at 9am in San Dimas. Please reserve your spot by July 16th at 5pm. As always, contact me with any questions you might have. Hope to see you there! The below map will let you see where your permits will be valid. Arizona has updated their regulations; no longer do you have wait to apply for your AZ CCW permit. Applications at the class. We do offer the Nevada CCW permit training in Las Vegas, NV.

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/files/Reciprocity.JPG

valkylrie
05-27-2010, 3:18 PM
Darren,

I took your class not that long ago. I just wanted to thank you for all the information. The class is small and very friendly, plenty of time to get your questions answered. You’re a great guy to work with and I enjoyed the atmosphere, really made me feel at ease. I left with great information. I am still waiting for my applications to be finalized. I submitted to Utah, Florida, and Virginia. I don’t expect any response until the end of June but at least I know they all processed my payment. Thank you for all the advice, I still have all your handouts and use them to answer questions from others about where to do their training.

Thanks Again,
Valkylrie

D-Man
05-27-2010, 7:06 PM
Thank you for the kind words, it is really appreciated!

ElkHunterSL
06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
How does the Oregon work? Can we apply by mail or do we have to apply in person in Oregon?

D-Man
06-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Oregon has to be done in person. The Sheriff from Grant's County will be traveling to California soon and you will be able to apply with him then. Your choice.

Big Jake
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Oregon has to be done in person. The Sheriff from Grant's County will be traveling to California soon and you will be able to apply with him then. Your choice.

Do you have specific information on dates/locations that Grant County Sheriff will be coming to California?

Thanks in advance! :cool2:

ElkHunterSL
06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks. I hope he comes soon as I want to have my CCW before Deer Season in September.

D-Man
06-22-2010, 1:51 PM
Do you have specific information on dates/locations that Grant County Sheriff will be coming to California?

Thanks in advance! :cool2:
Nothing specific yet. There is a thread about it in the 2nd Amendment and Politics section that is "stickied" you can read about his schedule.

iamphatboy
07-26-2010, 8:09 AM
Where can I signup for the reduced fee?

D-Man
07-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Just email me through the website or give me a call. That's it!

painkiller
08-02-2010, 1:41 PM
Hi I've been to the 2nd amendment area and unless I'm blind didn't see anything about the sheriff from grant county.will he be there that day?

D-Man
08-02-2010, 4:52 PM
No, this class just covers your training requirement to apply for an Oregon CHL.

painkiller
08-02-2010, 8:55 PM
Can someone throw me a bone and paste a link regarding the sheriffs schedule?

D-Man
08-03-2010, 5:57 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=267404

Right now it is on page 3.

ruddogg
08-12-2010, 3:04 PM
Do you do this class every month, I'd like to take it at some point, but I still have to figure out when I have a free Sat to do it...

moleculo
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I took Darren's class last week. It was easy, informative, and fun. I learned several tips for better shooting, as well. It's well worth it to anyone that travels outside of CA!

ruddogg
11-05-2010, 2:13 PM
Darren,

I was looking at this course since it's closer to my house... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=290472 what's the difference between his course & yours? How come his is double your price? For yours, would I need to pay that $65.25 & $117 in addition to the $75 for the class also?

Do you have one coming up in Dec?

Yours is on Sat? from what time to what time?

It gets you the class, notary, passport photos for both permits and fingerprinting for Utah. Florida requires fingerprinting by a law enforcement agency. It also does not include the state fee's of $65.25 for your 5 year Utah permit and the $117.00 for the 7 year Florida permit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

So it's $150 + 65.25 + 117 = $332.25?

Please confirm?

D-Man
11-07-2010, 4:12 PM
PM sent.

xxsleepyxx
11-09-2010, 6:06 PM
Darren,

I was looking at this course since it's closer to my house... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=290472 what's the difference between his course & yours? How come his is double your price? For yours, would I need to pay that $65.25 & $117 in addition to the $75 for the class also?

Do you have one coming up in Dec?

Yours is on Sat? from what time to what time?

So it's $150 + 65.25 + 117 = $332.25?

Please confirm?

I had the same question. What does the total come out to?

D-Man
11-13-2010, 8:57 AM
Class cost is $75. Optional Fingerprinting service for Utah at the end of class is $25 cash. Florida and Virginia require a law enforcement agency to roll your prints and annotate it on the back of the card. Florida permit is $117. Also, each state requires a recent (within the last 6 months) passport photo. Total cost:

51 - UT background check
117 - Florida background check
25 - optional fingerprinting service (or $60 for all three cards: 2 Arizona & 1 Utah)
80 - CCW training class
____

$273

moleculo
11-28-2010, 7:05 PM
Hey Darren,

Just wanted to let you know that I got my Florida CCW yesterday. Turn around time was right about 5 weeks from when I mailed it in. Utah still pending.

Thanks again!

Glackowitz
11-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Im in Oregon and looks as if one has an Oregon and Utah it will cover 32 states..CA and FL are excluded

Oregon CCW permit for a resident is 65.00 first time and 50.00 renewal(4yrs)

The extra 15.00 is the initial Background and fingerprinting( 1st time applicants ony)

Not sure on the Non resident applications

For me to get Oregon, Utah and Florida would almost be redundant as adding FL only gives 2 more states and alot more $$.

Does CA ofer a Non resident CCW??**EDIT** Nevermind...On the map it states May issue to residents only***

D-Man
11-29-2010, 8:49 AM
Hey Darren,

Just wanted to let you know that I got my Florida CCW yesterday. Turn around time was right about 5 weeks from when I mailed it in. Utah still pending.

Thanks again!

Congrats! Glad you enjoyed the class as well.

D-Man
11-29-2010, 8:50 AM
Im in Oregon and looks as if one has an Oregon and Utah it will cover 32 states..CA and FL are excluded

Oregon CCW permit for a resident is 65.00 first time and 50.00 renewal(4yrs)

The extra 15.00 is the initial Background and fingerprinting( 1st time applicants ony)

Not sure on the Non resident applications

For me to get Oregon, Utah and Florida would almost be redundant as adding FL only gives 2 more states and alot more $$.

Does CA ofer a Non resident CCW??**EDIT** Nevermind...On the map it states May issue to residents only***

I picked up my Florida so that I could travel and carry in New Mexico. As the states agreements are always changing, it didn't hurt to pick up my Florida one as well. One other plus is that it is valid for 7 years.

D-Man
12-12-2010, 6:00 AM
BTT. As of January 1st, Iowa will also accept your CCW permits for concealed carry!

luckystrike
12-21-2010, 1:54 PM
No, this class just covers your training requirement to apply for an Oregon CHL.

I thought that after the class you could already carry in Oregon?

D-Man
12-22-2010, 5:51 AM
No, you need to apply for an Oregon CHL from one of the Oregon Sheriff's offices and receive the permit from them. Turnaround time is about 2 weeks.

luckystrike
12-22-2010, 6:44 PM
sounds good, im pretty sure I will be attending your next class

thanks

D-Man
12-23-2010, 9:05 AM
Contact me via PM or through the website to save your spot! Looking forward to seeing you there if you choose to attend.

xxsleepyxx
12-26-2010, 7:49 PM
I may be attending the class as well. Just a question though I'm more interested in obtaining my Utah CCW. So if I take the class can I do that and if I change my mind later can I just fill out the Florida CCW app separately?

D-Man
12-27-2010, 5:33 AM
Absolutely. I will just give you the applications for the other states, you apply as you wish. Some students because of money constraints tend to wait a little bit to apply for Florida or Oregon.

jigenax
01-09-2011, 5:08 PM
Would your class qualify for a Nevada non-resident CCW?

D-Man
01-09-2011, 5:47 PM
No, but I do have a training agreement with instructors in Nevada that will offer their class in Vegas at a discounted rate after you attend my class. Nevada requires the class to take place in Nevada by a resident Nevada instructor and the live fire to take place in Nevada. Other students of mine have taken advantage of the discounted rates to get their Nevada non-resident permit.

jigenax
01-16-2011, 7:46 AM
Hey Darren,

I'm so glad I took your class yesterday, it was a very fun and entertaining course. Those 4 hours flew by so fast, we were done in no time! I'll definitely take your advanced courses later on.

As for your Bluegrass holster, sadly I read that they went out of business last year. Hope you can find another good holster to recommend at the SHOT SHOW.

Ken

PS: Could you PM the Las Vegas CCW instructor's contact info?

D-Man
01-16-2011, 1:35 PM
Hey Darren,

I'm so glad I took your class yesterday, it was a very fun and entertaining course. Those 4 hours flew by so fast, we were done in no time! I'll definitely take your advanced courses later on.

As for your Bluegrass holster, sadly I read that they went out of business last year. Hope you can find another good holster to recommend at the SHOT SHOW.

Ken

PS: Could you PM the Las Vegas CCW instructor's contact info?

I just sent out an email to all of you that attended yesterday's class with the contact information. Thank you for the kind words, it was a fun class with lots of discussion which always makes it enjoyable for everyone involved.

In regards to the holster, look at the Comp Tac (http://www.comp-tac.com/) Minotaur MTAC holster or the CTAC holster as they are the same type of design. Many others have those holsters and swear by them.

It will be my pleasure to have yourself and others in any of my other classes. Stay safe!

CapnHawk
01-16-2011, 2:36 PM
Attended your class on 01/15/2010 and it was money well spent. Look forward to another informative session at the range on January 29th. Stay safe!

D-Man
01-16-2011, 3:32 PM
Thank you as well! Look forward to seeing you at the class on the 29th.

jigenax
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
I just noticed on the Florida CCW packet you gave us lists the current Commissioner as Charles Bronson! How appropriate! :laugh:

D-Man
01-17-2011, 6:15 AM
Very funny!

cowboy777
01-27-2011, 6:39 AM
I want to reserve my spot for February

D-Man
01-27-2011, 6:46 AM
I saw your PM, sent you a reply and your spot is saved.

cowboy777
02-12-2011, 8:03 PM
Darren I just want to thank you for the great class we had today. I received a lot of information and there was great discussion. My utah app went in the mail today. I look forward to attending your other classes in the future.
Take care

D-Man
02-13-2011, 1:22 PM
Thank you for the kind words. Good group of people there today.

Bobby Hated
03-14-2011, 8:36 AM
how do i reserve a spot for the april class?

D-Man
03-14-2011, 9:01 AM
PM me on here, or send an email to me through the website with your name and phone number and that is it!

jermzzzzzzz
04-16-2011, 6:21 PM
Awesome class, very informative, and not boring at all. Thanks for the low-light tips too! Please let me know when your next Handgun course is scheduled.

BenW
04-16-2011, 6:35 PM
I've been an on and off lurker around here. I attended D-Man's class today, which finally put the boot to my butt to sign up so I could give him a thumb's up.

Great class. Very informative and run more like a discussion group than a class, which encouraged Q&A (also no Powerpoint or safety films from the 1970's - yeah!). I'm looking forward to attending some of his other training in the very near future.

RoundEye
04-16-2011, 8:03 PM
I'll third that. Definitely a great class with lots of useful information.

It was great meeting everyone!

D-Man
04-17-2011, 5:20 AM
Thank you guys for the great comments! Always have a lot of fun teaching classes, especially those with all the interaction that went on yesterday.

RoundEye
06-23-2011, 7:47 PM
I just got my Utah permit in the mail today. Still waiting on Florida, but I sent it a couple weeks later as I had the hardest time finding a Livescan station that rolled ink.

Daren, if I PM you my address can your drop and Oregon and Virgina application in the mail for me. When was at your office for the class you didn't have enough for all of us.

D-Man
06-27-2011, 8:10 AM
Oregon does everything in house which is why I don't give it out. Virginia, I can mail to you, or you can request a packet through the links on my website and the Virginia State Police will mail you the packet.

Timbob55
06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Have you considered a class in NORCAL? If so, I'm there!

D-Man
06-27-2011, 10:53 AM
If you get enough people together I am happy to travel up there and make a class happen. Other option is to talk to Jim Amentler at Alpha Safety Defense as he runs classes up in NORCAL all the time. Jim is a great guy and teaches a good class, and is someone I can vouch for personally.

fabguy
06-30-2011, 7:04 PM
Is this class for 2011? I noticed the thread was started last yr

D-Man
06-30-2011, 7:28 PM
Is this class for 2011? I noticed the thread was started last yr
Yes, I just update the original post with the new class dates as they are scheduled. Easier then starting a new thread each month when the class information is the same.

viet4lifeOC
06-30-2011, 11:58 PM
if I take your class, then it would qualify for the Arizona training requirement for a CCW permit. I then can apply for Arizona CCW which is honored in Nevada? Do I have to apply for Nevada's CCW permit if I have Arizona CCW?

Applying for and receiving a Arizona CCW permit hen what other state will honor my Arizona CCW permit without having to apply for a CCW in that state?

I see the map you posted but don't fully understand it.

So the class in July 2011 is $75? What other fees? Range fee? Gun rental? Can I bring in my own gun and ammo? Do you have a link of what to bring, break down of cost, locaton, time schedule, etc

thank you

D-Man
07-01-2011, 5:29 AM
You are not required to apply for any permit, but with the recent change in Nevada law, an Arizona CCW permit is accepted now in Nevada. Once you receive your Utah permit, you can send a copy of that permit in to Arizona as proof of training. Arizona also accepts other items as proof of training as well which can be found at: http://www.azdps.gov/

When you reserve the spot in the class I send out all the details on the class. That being said, the class is lecture only, no firearms required for the class. The only other optional fee is that I do have a fingerprint service come in at the end of class and roll your fingerprint card for Utah; but their service is entirely optional and is NOT a required cost. Most of my students take advantage of that service just because getting fingerprints done is a pain.

If you want to see what all the states are the AZ CCW permit is accepted in, just go to http://usacarry.com/ and you can build all the various maps you could ever want to see what gives you the best coverage. Each state has their own background check / application fee that varies from state to state.

Any other questions let me know. Many students have been through my class and a lot of their comments are posted in the thread.

viet4lifeOC
07-01-2011, 8:14 AM
Darren,

thank you for the clarification. I read that Arizone will accept class will accept an NRA basic pistol course for the CCW application. Do you offer that?

thank you

D-Man
07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I do as a separate class.

Sillyguy
09-25-2011, 9:09 AM
what time does class start and end? thx!

D-Man
09-26-2011, 5:12 AM
what time does class start and end? thx!

9am - 1pm

Thanks for the question.

dts2000
10-12-2011, 7:35 PM
Interested in the class.
PM sent and also via website
Thank you

D-Man
10-13-2011, 7:47 AM
E-Mail sent to you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

REDHORSE
10-15-2011, 5:47 AM
Sent you an email. I wanted to know if it wasn't too late to join today's class. Thx.

D-Man
10-15-2011, 7:16 AM
E-Mail replied to, and it was good speaking to you on the phone this morning. See you at the class today.

Sillyguy
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey Darren

GREAT class this past Saturday!

It was informative, fun, and well paced. Thanks for keeping the class going at a good speed and for letting us talk about our "war" stories. :)

I like how SUPER easy you made all the paperwork, fingerprinting, etc. It really shows that you put thought into the class and made it so all your students can easily get their CCW paperwork turned in.

I look forward to checking out your future tactical/medic classes too!

D-Man
10-17-2011, 7:46 AM
Glad that you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing you at future classes.

kuletchi
01-07-2012, 7:09 PM
Attended the class today 1-7-12 in San Dimas. WEALTH of information. Not a boring moment. HIGHLY recommended! Will be taking more classes with you Darren. GREAT CLASS!

D-Man
01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Thank you!

CAHighSierra
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Wife an I would attend if there was a class in NorCal

D-Man
01-10-2012, 9:18 AM
Jim Amentler - Alpha Safety Defense does NorCal classes and is a top notch guy. Or if you get a big enough group I am always willing to travel.

Sillyguy
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
fyi, Darren holds a great class. If you're thinking it's too good to be true for the price, don't think twice.

You get great instruction, get all your questions answered, and he has it all set up where all you do is show up and learn. :)

oyoquem
01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Does your course satisfy the AZ class requirements? If it does then please reserve a spot for me since that is the only state I am interested in applying for. Thanks

D-Man
02-01-2012, 7:16 AM
Does your course satisfy the AZ class requirements? If it does then please reserve a spot for me since that is the only state I am interested in applying for. Thanks

My February 4th class is full currently. That being said, one of the other instructors on here is holding a AZ / FL only class on February 26th. The deadline to sign up for his class is this Friday and the link to sign up is here. (http://www.gryman.com/Signup.html) My next class will be in mid March.

oyoquem
02-01-2012, 10:03 AM
My February 4th class is full currently. That being said, one of the other instructors on here is holding a AZ / FL only class on February 26th. The deadline to sign up for his class is this Friday and the link to sign up is here. (http://www.gryman.com/Signup.html) My next class will be in mid March.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

CBlacksheep
02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
I appreciate your help. Thanks!

If you could find a Hunter's Safety Course class within that time frame, it would also oblige the requirements set for AZ.

bosshog69
02-20-2012, 1:46 PM
Attended Feb 4th Class and it was great, good people and very helpfull class. Highly recomended, and would attend another one!

D-Man
02-20-2012, 8:18 PM
Thank you!

hnguy91367
02-27-2012, 2:04 PM
D-man, do u have any more multi state ccw classes for 2012?

D-Man
02-27-2012, 2:41 PM
I hold this class at least once a month, usually around the mid-month timeframe. Just have not added them to calendar yet.

thaiphob25
05-29-2012, 9:00 AM
Just wondering if you have any spots left for your June 16th class?

D-Man
05-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, there are openings available for the June 16th class.

duc748bip
06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
How many hour is he class?

D-Man
06-14-2012, 4:00 AM
4hrs. 9am - 1pm.

Foriegn power
06-14-2012, 9:01 PM
Will you also have the finger printing service available for us, and the application? So this event can be a one day thing, will it fulfill our requirement for the NRA certified training part?PM me if you'll like.

D-Man
06-15-2012, 5:51 AM
Fingerprinting service will be there and I always have the applications. My goal is to make it as much of a one stop shop experience as I can. It cannot be an NRA certified class as it is the Utah certified class taught by an NRA certified instructor. That is why you have to apply and receive either your Florida or Utah CCW permit and send it in as proof of training to Arizona because of the way the law is written. I have been working with AZ to get this extra step removed.

SA227driver
06-16-2012, 2:27 PM
Free bump for a great instructor! Did my FL, UT, OR, and VA LTCs with Darren over a year and a half ago, and taken multiple handgun, rifle, and shotgun courses and have always learned a lot.

duc748bip
06-18-2012, 9:22 AM
Great class! very informative and fun.

D-Man
06-20-2012, 7:39 PM
Thank you!

flyingspur
06-29-2012, 8:27 PM
Tag for later.

engi
06-29-2012, 8:50 PM
Interesting. Bookmarking for future enrollment.

hefedehefe
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
tagged

Sillyguy
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM
bump up for a good guy and a great class!!

D-Man
09-18-2012, 1:49 PM
Thank you!

jipham
01-22-2013, 9:06 AM
:thumbsup: up to Darren! Awesome instructor and awesome class. Took the Mrs. to the multi-state CCW class and we had a great time.

You're surrounded by people who share similar interests and beliefs so the 4 hours class ended up flying by.

Darren also makes it as much of a one stop-shop as he can for those who wish to get the majority of the paperwork/fingerprinting done all in one day.

Sending in my UT app in the next couple days, then FL, and eventually AZ.

Thanks again Darren!

aztec77
01-29-2013, 2:47 PM
When is your next class?

D-Man
01-29-2013, 4:26 PM
I always list it in the thread title, my next class is March 2nd, 2013 from 9am - 1pm.

Rofocale
02-01-2013, 7:47 AM
How do you sign up ?

D-Man
02-01-2013, 8:21 AM
PM me on here or email me at dharlow at 5arrowstactical.com and say you want to reserve a spot in the class.

alxmad
04-06-2013, 4:27 PM
Not Hard to get your CCW Permits...Got 4 permits from his class ....A lot of paperwork to go thru but can be done..Darren is a good teacher a very simple straightforward teaching and stresses safety in all his methods....Darren got all 4 STATES and soon NEV!!!!! I was surprised that a BALD Headed Mexican would be able to get these Permits!!!...I figured they would look at my pic and say "Theres no way were going to give this guy a permit!!!"I guess a CLEAN RECORD means I get a PERMIT!!!!!...THANKS DARREN FOR EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!! A pic of my 4 permits attached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Man
04-08-2013, 8:21 AM
Thank you for the feedback!

Brianguy
06-19-2013, 5:18 PM
This is a 4 hour one day course? There isn't much information on the site. Does this include range qual? Do we need to qualify in each caliber we want to carry? Is there a limit on calibers? Is fingerprinting included in the $80 fee?

D-Man
06-24-2013, 4:01 PM
Four hour course, all classroom, no live fire, and there is a separate fee for fingerprinting as that is an optional service.

Zeemunoz
07-20-2013, 4:06 PM
When is the next class?

sapro
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
OR you have to apply in person in OR to my knowledge and certain counties only do OR residents. True?

D-Man
09-16-2013, 7:49 AM
Oregon requires you to apply live in person and they handle everything in house when you show up for your appointment.

Yellow Wing
10-24-2013, 2:39 PM
Hi Darren -

Look forward to signing up after the first of the year.

How is the range time for the Florida permit handled?

stag6.8
12-21-2013, 9:10 AM
how much is the total cost and requirements for utah...I already have arizona AND nevada

D-Man
01-23-2014, 3:06 PM
Class is $80, optional fingerprinting for UT is $25, application to UT is $51.

stag6.8
02-13-2014, 3:01 PM
hey there...im sure youre aware of what happened with the 9th circuit today...if things go well...youre going to have a LOT of business....including me.

D-Man
02-14-2014, 11:52 AM
We will be talking to the local PDs and Sheriff's offices once the courts make this official. Until then, we will keep training as we always do!

Dirtbikindad393
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Paid and signed up for the 03/15 UT,VA, FL, OR, AZ CCW class. I am looking forward to taking the class. Thank you Darren!

Dirtbikindad393
03-16-2014, 4:47 PM
Darren ran a fun no pressure class. We talked about the important info and touched on other issues that pertain to CCW for the states in the class as well as Calif. Great class would recommend to anybody looking to get the UT, AZ, OR, FL, VA ccw permits. Thank you Darren!!

jfdodge
04-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Just went thru the class, excellent class. Was not boring and learned a lot. Will definitely do more training with him in the future.

D-Man
04-21-2014, 8:46 AM
Thank you for the feedback!

HypnoToad
08-15-2014, 6:51 PM
Hi Darren: I think your usacarry map might be outdated. I'm interested in carrying in Pennsylvania and I don't believe they honor any of the permits you cover, unless you know something I don't.

D-Man
08-15-2014, 8:04 PM
Updated the map. I did look at PA's reciprocity, and if you get any of the other states' CCW permit, NH will issue you one that PA accepts. A bit round about but it will cover what you are trying to accomplish.

Pato
08-15-2014, 8:19 PM
With the high praises of the CG members, I can help but look forward to the class tomorrow! Usually a tough crowd to please.

Pato
08-16-2014, 3:20 PM
Took the class today with Darren and it was great!

Lots of information covered and real world examples given. The class is very interactive so you are not just sitting there looking at power point slides the whole time (there are no PP slides).

Darren takes the time to answer any questions you may have and encourages his students to engage in the discussions.

I would highly recommend Darren's class to anyone interested in obtaining their non-resident CCW for the states listed in the thread title. It's well worth the price of admission.

I'm looking forward to taking some of the other classes that Darren has to offer once my work schedule allows.

Thanks again for the great class Darren!

HypnoToad
08-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Updated the map. I did look at PA's reciprocity, and if you get any of the other states' CCW permit, NH will issue you one that PA accepts. A bit round about but it will cover what you are trying to accomplish.

Aha! Good to know. Thanks, Darren!

c-wick
09-25-2014, 10:47 AM
I picked up my Florida so that I could travel and carry in New Mexico. As the states agreements are always changing, it didn't hurt to pick up my Florida one as well. One other plus is that it is valid for 7 years.

going through the maps, am I correct in assuming that if I get FL, then get NM, that will in turn allow me to get CO?
(point is to get CO)

TheLordsWork
10-05-2014, 4:36 PM
When is the next class?

stag6.8
10-06-2014, 7:26 PM
If I want my Oregon and Utah permits...is it an 80 dollar fee for both or its 80 dollars each..thanks

D-Man
10-13-2014, 7:51 AM
The $80 covers your training requirement, each state has their own application fee. Utah is $51 dollars and I believe Oregon is $60.

FilmGuy
11-24-2014, 7:10 PM
Do you have an information sheet that breaks all of these various classes down and lists the costs, steps that need to be taken etc? Something that we can see what covers where and then we can work out what we should get and how much it costs?

Additionally, I'm more interested in the southwest region specifically travelling up the 15 to Utah. Any thought as to if Nevada will ever play nice with Utah / Arizona or vs versa so we would only need one permit?

Thank ya!

Dirtbikindad393
11-27-2014, 7:41 AM
Do you have an information sheet that breaks all of these various classes down and lists the costs, steps that need to be taken etc? Something that we can see what covers where and then we can work out what we should get and how much it costs?

Additionally, I'm more interested in the southwest region specifically travelling up the 15 to Utah. Any thought as to if Nevada will ever play nice with Utah / Arizona or vs versa so we would only need one permit?

Thank ya!

I took this class with Darren, its a fun class. This one class will satisfy the requirements for all 5 of the states listed in the title. Darren has a finger printing company come in and roll prints for AZ and UT. FL you have to have LEO roll your prints. I would just have Darren's company roll your prints while you at the class. I do not remember what the fee was that I paid the finger printing company but its worth it.

So the cost of the class is 80.00, then you will have to pay each states fee that they charge as you apply. AZ is 60.00 and UT is 51.00. Take the class and apply for UT & AZ right away that will get you the coverage you are looking for in your travels.

If you go to the link below you will see what states are covered through reciprocity.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Hope that answered some questions

D-Man
12-06-2014, 8:24 AM
Thanks for answering this for me! Nevada used to honor UT and AZ, but a lot of NV residents started getting the UT and AZ permits instead of the NV one, so they used a technicality to drop reciprocity with those states.

tanks
01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
going through the maps, am I correct in assuming that if I get FL, then get NM, that will in turn allow me to get CO?
(point is to get CO)

No. CO recognizes reciprocity with adjacent States only if one is a resident in that State, and has a resident permit. The fact that you can pick up NM by having a FL CCW will not let you carry concealed in CO. I am in the same boat as my son lives in CO, and I visit him and his family. I have to be "naked" there.

c_Gio
02-07-2015, 7:54 AM
Post #1 is a few years old... But I'm assuming it is updated regularly--ie the next class is 2/21 (of 2015)?

c_Gio
02-07-2015, 8:02 AM
Not Hard to get your CCW Permits...Got 4 permits from his class ....A lot of paperwork to go thru but can be done..Darren is a good teacher a very simple straightforward teaching and stresses safety in all his methods....Darren got all 4 STATES and soon NEV!!!!! I was surprised that a BALD Headed Mexican would be able to get these Permits!!!...I figured they would look at my pic and say "Theres no way were going to give this guy a permit!!!"I guess a CLEAN RECORD means I get a PERMIT!!!!!...THANKS DARREN FOR EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!! A pic of my 4 permits attached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL nice

D-Man
02-07-2015, 6:49 PM
Fixed the date, my apologies for not catching the incorrect date sooner. It is 2/21/15, not 2/21/14.

Muleskinner
02-24-2015, 6:52 PM
When is your next class in San Dimas?
Thanks

D-Man
02-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Just posted, on March 14th, 2015 at 9am.

baggss
03-27-2015, 5:31 PM
I'd like to sign up for the 4/18/15 class. PM coming.

HPBrowningMK3
03-27-2015, 9:21 PM
I took this class with Darren a while back and can recommend the guy 100%.

D-Man
03-30-2015, 3:12 PM
PM responded to, thanks also for the kind words.

c_Gio
03-30-2015, 3:24 PM
I took this class a few weeks back, and today recieved my AZ CCW. Enjoyed my time & worth $80 bucks.

Also, BTW, used the certificate to get my Maine certificate (Dad lives there).

UT should come soon & have been to busy to apply to FL, but on my list.

Thanks 5 Arrows!

CSACANNONEER
04-24-2015, 8:55 AM
I took it last weekend and, it's a great one stop class.

D-Man
04-28-2015, 9:07 AM
Thank you for the feedback.

JTC3495
04-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I just sent my info over to you about attending the June 20th CCW class. I am excited you guys are just around the corner from my shop.

Jarhead715
04-30-2015, 5:24 PM
Unless the laws changed within the last 2 years, Colorado only issues if your a resident. They pulled mine when I moved to San Diego.

D-Man
06-30-2015, 1:02 PM
BTT