PDA

View Full Version : Finished My Saiga 7.62 Conversion

crazy4golf
05-15-2010, 7:08 PM
What do you guys think of this? I decided to use the MMG and not the mag lock for now.

Tapco original buttstock
Tapco Galil handguard
Tromix FCG (Tapco g2 modified)
MMG Grip w/Ar Adapter
Surefire mags modified to not hold bolt open
Barska M16 red dot
Utg quick release mount.

It was much easier than I expected. Took me a few hours one night.
http://images5b.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63277%3Enu%3D5879%3E%3B54%3E25%3A%3E WSNRCG%3D3289%3B4453534%3Bnu0mrj

jshoebot
05-15-2010, 7:12 PM
I like that a lot! Let me know how that utg sight holds up? I was thinking of putting it on my AR but not sure if it'll hold zero. Nice job!

rimfire78
05-15-2010, 7:57 PM
Looks good!

bluestaterebel
05-15-2010, 7:58 PM
Nice

reidnez
05-15-2010, 8:52 PM
Very nice! I miss my Saiga, never ended up doing the conversion. Even in stock form they are sweet little carbines, I love the ergos.

Cobrafreak
05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I have one also. Just love it. Went with a Solar grip wrap rather than the BB. An AK is a great tool for the job at hand and you can't neuter it with a BB and take away it's utility. Keep it the way you have it and when we get the stupid CA gun ban list declared unconstitutional, change the grip to stock configuration.

miguel
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
what do you think of the galil handguard?

thedrickel
05-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Not going to install a bullet guide and shorten the mag latch so you can use AK mags?

crazy4golf
05-16-2010, 5:58 AM
I like the handguard and think it looks much better. I am little concerned with the way it attaches in the front. We will see later his week how it holds up.

what do you think of the galil handguard?

crazy4golf
05-16-2010, 6:00 AM
That was my next thing just not sure how hard it is to drill and install. I already have ten sure fire mags that I got relatively cheap. I may do it as I don't like the last round hold open on those mags and have already modified a few of them. Wouldn't mind doing it so I could use some 10/20 and 10/30 mags.

Not going to install a bullet guide and shorten the mag latch so you can use AK mags?

RookieShooter
05-16-2010, 7:23 AM
How do you like the Barska M16 red dot and the UTG quick release mount?
Are you able to zero the red dot with the UTG mount?

icefire
05-16-2010, 7:41 AM
That was my next thing just not sure how hard it is to drill and install. I already have ten sure fire mags that I got relatively cheap. I may do it as I don't like the last round hold open on those mags and have already modified a few of them. Wouldn't mind doing it so I could use some 10/20 and 10/30 mags.

Did my bullet guide install months ago on my x39 Saiga, it took about 30 minutes. Buy the one from Dinzag Arms, it even comes with a drill bit and tap. (check his site to see if you need the curved trunnion BG or flat trunnion one) Make sure your hole is center punched well, drill, and thread, install BG and tighten. Thats it! now, dremel or file a small bit off the mag latch on your Saiga, and you can use any AK mags!...very easy procedure...

PonchoTA
05-16-2010, 7:58 AM
Did my bullet guide install months ago on my x39 Saiga, it took about 30 minutes. Buy the one from Dinzag Arms, it even comes with a drill bit and tap. (check his site to see if you need the curved trunnion BG or flat trunnion one) Make sure your hole is center punched well, drill, and thread, install BG and tighten. Thats it! now, dremel or file a small bit off the mag latch on your Saiga, and you can use any AK mags!...very easy procedure...
:iagree: Best and easiest mod I've done to date on any weapon!

When trimming the latch though, just a very little bit at a time. If you take off too much so the AK mags go in too easily, you may make it where the other mags are too loose. There is a fine line, easily found, but easily over done as well. Just be careful is all.

:thumbsup:

crazy4golf
05-16-2010, 5:02 PM
Yes it works very well and I have been able to zero the Barska. I certainly don't expect tip top accuracy from this rifle but it works and is fun to shoot. I will be using this at a carbine course in a couple of weeks. I will let you know how it holds up.

How do you like the Barska M16 red dot and the UTG quick release mount?
Are you able to zero the red dot with the UTG mount?

Mac
05-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Looks Good. I like it.