View Full Version : tango down VFG and Surefire tape switch help please

05-15-2010, 3:18 PM
I got the VFG with the tapes witch area and my tape switch from my SF M951 doesn't fit at all. It goes on less then half way then its way too tight. I got the BGV-QDSF

05-15-2010, 3:41 PM
http://img268.imagevenue.com/loc336/th_65673_PA260125_122_336lo.JPG (http://img268.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65673_PA260125_122_336lo.JPG)

Did you take out the plastic insert before mounting the switch as shown in the picture?

05-15-2010, 3:43 PM
I got same grip and same tapeswitch as this picture. But the switch doesn't even close to fit. And yes the insert is out.

I am starting to think i need the Insight version. Which is dumb since I have a surefire and bought the SF version.

05-15-2010, 3:49 PM
Call Surefire and talk to them.

05-15-2010, 3:51 PM
I tried calling Tango Down but they apparently like to take weekends off :P

05-15-2010, 4:16 PM
Yes the surefire switch is too wide for most of the grips that have a recess for the switch to go into. I think that the newer surefire switches are wider that there older ones. I have a KNIGHTS ARMAMENT vertical front grip with no recess for the pressure switch, the doublesided Velcro never stays on. So I went to a Industrical Liqudaters store and bought some 1in across Rubber O RINGS PUT THEM IN TO HOT WATER to soften up so they streached over the switch and grip. The switch is held in place with the O rings, kinda like a rubber band but much stronger it works great. Also I have talked to some LEO Swat types, and they use a piece's of Bicycle iner tubes cut like rubber bands, it is the small dia. skinny iner tubes that work well. It is all about using what you got lying around your house instead of buying those vert. grips that cost three times as much as a reg grip. God knows how much money we spend on our shooting hobby. Need extra money for Ammo!:cool:

05-15-2010, 4:19 PM
Yea Its very aggravating that tango down hasn't updated their grip. I really wanted a recessed area for the switch.

05-15-2010, 6:43 PM
You can also just use a regular VFG and cut up a bicycle inner tube to secure the switch to it. Not as slick as a recessed switch, but works like a charm.

05-15-2010, 6:45 PM
Yea I know I was really wanted the recessed area. I am going to call Tango Down monday and complain that their product is misadvertised. The place I bought it from said no refunds unless it arrived broken. So Tango Down better make it right.

05-15-2010, 6:47 PM
dremel + inner tube = I am sure you can figure this out.

05-15-2010, 6:58 PM
I am not that skilled to try something like that myself lol. I am a computer person not a tools person.

05-15-2010, 6:59 PM
wanna trade me for a plain no brand tape switch, u pay for the shipping both ways Lol would be nice to have a nicer tape switch