PDA

View Full Version : More airsoft as firearms

AlexDD
05-15-2010, 8:35 AM
On my mobile and just read this

foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/exclusive-toy-gun-sold-easily-turned-real-thing/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Flatest+%28Text+-+Latest+Headlines%29

Story says they should make the upper the serialized part.

mbarnes
05-15-2010, 1:33 PM
I'd love to see these ATF guys try to assemble one using an airsoft lower and fire it.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2264/m15kaboom.gif
Expected result

motorhead
05-15-2010, 5:03 PM
evidently it can be done. would only last a few rounds and cost around $1100. the retard fox cites as their "expert" doesn't bother with the fact that one can easily buy an ar on the black market for well under $1K. BTW, same airsoft case discussed before, just a new spin with commentary from a mentally challenged OR gunshop owner.

CSACANNONEER
05-15-2010, 5:26 PM
I'd love to see these ATF guys try to assemble one using an airsoft lower and fire it.

Obviously, you don't have a clue as to how an AR15 works. You can make a lower out of glass, platic, wood, paper mache, etc. and it will work fine for a while. All it does is hold the FCG in place. It is easy to convert some airsoft lowers to accept regular FCGs. It takes about the same amount of work as finishing an 80% lower. I have one that will accept a standard upper (with minimal machining) and, with a bit more machining, it could accept a standard FCG. Mine is an early alluminum Armalite M16. However, why would I ruin an expensive toy when I could just buy an 80% lower instead?

evidently it can be done. would only last a few rounds and cost around $1100.

Really? Please explain why you think that it would only last a few rounds? I have an alluminum airsoft lower that I believe would last 100,000 rounds if it was converted.