PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late?

Jason762
03-12-2006, 2:27 PM
Hello.

A friend of mine just showed me how to be able to legally own an AR-15.

I've been reading the posts around here and it seems I'm a bit late...

I'm hoping to buy 2 MEGA Gator lower receivers (and uppers eventually) in a FTF buy in the Easy Bay Area 510 or 925 area code. Is it possible to acquire these receivers?

Thanks!

Jason

RRangel
03-12-2006, 2:31 PM
Just take a look at the group buys stickied in the forum.

sintax
03-12-2006, 2:31 PM
Hello.

A friend of mine just showed me how to be able to legally own an AR-15.

I've been reading the posts around here and it seems I'm a bit late...

I'm hoping to buy 2 MEGA Gator lower receivers (and uppers eventually) in a FTF buy in the Easy Bay Area 510 or 925 area code. Is it possible to acquire these receivers?

Thanks!

Jason

Yes, still legal. I dont know if i'd even be worried about things changing anytime soon. I'm getting the feeling these wont be listed under current standards. Feeling like we'll get a class 4 after all...

bwiese
03-12-2006, 2:34 PM
Get whatever brand of lower you can as soon as you can. All makes/models (w/poss exception of Vulcan) of off-list lowers are equivalent in that they will all make 100% functional, accurate rifles.

Jason762
03-12-2006, 7:41 PM
Just take a look at the group buys stickied in the forum.

Looked at the stickies and I didn't find any Mega receiver's for sale.

What's the going price for a Mega anyway? On this website: http://www.carricozarmory.com/index.htm it goes for $ 174 upper AND lower (http://www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm).

Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, what are "M4 Feed Ramps" and what do they do?

RRangel
03-12-2006, 8:05 PM
Get what you can. Stag, Lauer, or whatever. Most lowers other than the "billet" type like Sundevil are milspec. You can't really go wrong and you'll be sorry when and if the window closes and you don't have a lower.

The feed ramps are sort of like bigger openings around where the round chambers for added reliability. I would say that you don't need M4 feed ramps as I beleive they're made for reliability in regard to fully automatic fire as in machine gun. Still not needed for that either.

Looked at the stickies and I didn't find any Mega receiver's for sale.

What's the going price for a Mega anyway? On this website: http://www.carricozarmory.com/index.htm it goes for $ 174 upper AND lower (http://www.carricozarmory.com/mega.htm).

Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, what are "M4 Feed Ramps" and what do they do?

xenophobe
03-12-2006, 8:33 PM
Yes, get whatever you can get your hands on. At this point you shouldn't be name-brand picky.

Get whatever you can NOW, and then after you have a couple, start searching/trading up or whatever, if you want. So get a couple of Lauers, Ameetechs, Double Stars, etc... then if you want the Megas you can always get them, then sell (or just keep) the first ones.

kantstudien
03-12-2006, 8:36 PM
Why do people keep having hard-ons for particular brands?

If the freakin' holes line up and it is anodized, then buy it.

Jason762
03-12-2006, 8:42 PM

Cause THEY said so :-P http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=27783&highlight=MEGA

But seriously, I saw the Contra Costa Buy poster lives in Concord, which is a 5 minute walk from here.

If he answers the PM he may get a visit from me tomorrow. :-D

Ford8N
03-12-2006, 8:50 PM
Get as many of these lowers as you can. And let your friends know. And I've been hearing that more and more FFL's are getting comfortable and transfering now.

xenophobe
03-12-2006, 9:08 PM
I think the initial DOJ Inspections were more due to seeing CFID numbers/dealers who only transferred a few firearms a week/month to doing hundreds in a matter of days and arousing concerns/suspicions to highly increased averages for any given dealer....

These are stats I'm pretty sure the DOJ tracks... and seeing a spike of 1000% increase in transfers in a month or whatever gave them cause to be interested. Now that they know why, I don't think they've been bothering dealers as much.

Crazed_SS
03-13-2006, 6:19 AM
what is everyone using to attached the mags these days?

Jason762
03-13-2006, 7:27 AM
what is everyone using to attached the mags these days?

https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/products_detail.asp?CategoryID=49&ProductID=322

Until you attach that kit, make sure you leave the pistol grip off!

Jicko
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
They want a Class 4 Meat Tenderizer..... and MEGA had that designed in..... :D (edited out the ONLY)

xenophobe
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
They want a Class 4 Meat Tenderizer..... and ONLY MEGA had that designed in..... :D

Actually, Sun Devil (billet) and POF USA (made by Mega) have the meat tenderizer too. Just fyi. ;)

phish
03-13-2006, 1:10 PM

I think the majority of people who wanted off-list lowers of any type, have them by now. These "bonus" lowers are just icing on the cake if they have the ways and means to grab 'em. :D

QuickOnTheDraw
03-13-2006, 1:16 PM
is anyone selling unlisted lowers in east bay, walnut crek concord area? if so, please pm me whree i can locate one! Thanks

phish
03-13-2006, 2:09 PM
is anyone selling unlisted lowers in east bay, walnut crek concord area? if so, please pm me whree i can locate one! Thanks

pm 6172crew, he's coordinating the group buys in that neck of the woods

QuickOnTheDraw
03-13-2006, 3:16 PM
Phish, Thank You Very Much!

Jason762
03-14-2006, 7:31 AM
YAHOO!

"Is it too late?"

Not for me it isn't. Not anymore.

Just got a LAR and a Lauer yesterday. Thanks to 617Crew, the FFL, and HighPowerShooter for verifying me.

It's going to be a while before I cna shoot it. I'm a poor college student and am pretty low on cash right now.

I'm stil gonna try to get a Sun Devil and a Mega though.

:D I'm happy!

Jason

CrazyJeep
03-14-2006, 8:54 AM
YAHOO!

"Is it too late?"

Not for me it isn't. Not anymore...

...I'm a poor college student and am pretty low on cash right now.

:D I'm happy!

Jason

Hey! You sound just like me! I'm poor as all hell but still managed to buy 2 lowers. Get my Stag on the 21st and my Ameetec on the 23rd. Like they say, Christmas in...now March:eek: . I'm in the same boat, it's going to take a while before I come up with the funds to buy everything I need even to just finish one. So, is anybody interested in a 2005 Specialized Stumpjumper?!?! J/k

Viva la lowers!:D