PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Sheriff Tells Minutemen "Leave Your Guns at Home"

Eight O Clock
05-14-2010, 10:33 PM
For those that dont know his story, there is a man who has taken it upon himself to guard Americas border. He has been shot at and threatened many times by Mexican drug cartels, Mexican human smugglers and also threatened to be arrested by American federal law enforcement.

Here is a video of him being told by San Diego County sheriffs that he can guard the border with "lights" but LEAVE YOUR GUNS AT HOME !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/ppposse#p/f/30/SDV-Gtbk_Fw

Eight O Clock
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
He is guarding the border because no one else will. He needs his guns because he is standing up to the invaders because as much as Americans complain about closing the border, they wont man up and go down there and help.

This man does. He is wise to have his guns.

Mstrty
05-14-2010, 10:59 PM
That shirtless guy seemed compliant however he didnt realize he was half a breath from being proned out and on his way to prison just for being in California protecting our border. My hats off to the men and women that help protect our border. However doing it in California is a recipe for disaster. This is sad.

Eight O Clock
05-14-2010, 11:07 PM
I seriously HATE how cops lecture citizens on how not to excersize their rights and how to be servents to cops unlawful wishes.

Uriah02
05-14-2010, 11:09 PM
I am curious how much of the speech was specifically because a camera was on him.

M198
05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I am curious how much of the speech was specifically because a camera was on him.

Hard to say without knowing the cop personally, but probably some of it. That being said, that is an unincorporated part of the county (not withstanding no shooting areas) he should be carrying openly or if not able to, UOC. Only a matter of time before someone tries to take them out.

Eight O Clock
05-14-2010, 11:20 PM
. Only a matter of time before someone tries to take them out.

He has been up there for two years. He has videos of being shot at and people raiding his place there and throwing rocks. Then he got support from 2-5 other people who go down there to help him out. They are pretty well armed.

The border patrol says that area they patrol has seen a HUGE decrease in human smugglers and drug smugglers.

That crotchy old man and 3 buddies have basically sealed their portion of the border.

duldej
05-14-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks for posting this story. i think this guy is cool. i couldn't get the video to run, but i get the picture.

duldej
05-14-2010, 11:43 PM
isn't that the uc motto, "let there be light?"

N6ATF
05-15-2010, 12:00 AM
God, what is WITH all these LEOs advising people to commit SUICIDAL ACTS?

Not just "don't have the most effective tools for self-defense"... turn on lights so the invaders know exactly where to shoot at your defenseless behind? What next, are they going to advise we strip nude instead of wearing body armor?

Werewolf1021
05-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Bring your illegal lights? Did we just hear an officer of the law advising someone to break the assault lighting ban? :D

SoCalXD
05-15-2010, 1:17 AM
1. That Sheriff's Deputy will be singing a new tune once LaSuer get's into office.

2. He is no longer "in charge" of the East County.

http://www.sheriffjay.org

ttboy
05-15-2010, 4:44 AM
I'll leave my gun at home when the coyote and drug smuggler leaves his.:)

ned946
05-15-2010, 7:39 AM
1. That Sheriff's Deputy will be singing a new tune once LaSuer get's into office.

2. He is no longer "in charge" of the East County.

http://www.sheriffjay.org

Sadly, I see little to no financial backing or presence backing....and Gore is out front in the polls.

Complacency, it seems, is going to kill LaSuers chances. :(

cmaynes
05-15-2010, 8:16 AM
God, what is WITH all these LEOs advising people to commit SUICIDAL ACTS?

Not just "don't have the most effective tools for self-defense"... turn on lights so the invaders know exactly where to shoot at your defenseless behind? What next, are they going to advise we strip nude instead of wearing body armor?

O think he needs a refresher course on the laws he is enforcing. Other than that, In a broad sense, he could not really have said otherwise, because like it or not, it could have been a more dangerous thing to encourage people to come the border WITH their guns. The goal is not killing Mexicans or other foreign nationals, the goal is self defense- Some people might think that there is a need for Rambo down there- there isnt. There is a need for the Marines. They are not the same thing-

As to the lights- yes- the Coyotes are probably not going to engage someone if they can possibly avoid it. So lights simply advertise where you are. Of course, having guns where you are is a good idea too.

HUTCH 7.62
05-15-2010, 8:39 AM
That shirtless guy seemed compliant however he didnt realize he was half a breath from being proned out and on his way to prison just for being in California protecting our border. My hats off to the men and women that help protect our border. However doing it in California is a recipe for disaster. This is sad.

+1OO:mad:

jamesob
05-15-2010, 8:52 AM
but who told the deputy that he didn't need a firearm?

BobB35
05-15-2010, 8:53 AM
For those that dont know his story, there is a man who has taken it upon himself to guard Americas border. He has been shot at and threatened many times by Mexican drug cartels, Mexican human smugglers and also threatened to be arrested by American federal law enforcement.

Here is a video of him being told by San Diego County sheriffs that he can guard the border with "lights" but LEAVE YOUR GUNS AT HOME !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/ppposse#p/f/30/SDV-Gtbk_Fw

Does anyone really think this is atypical for LEO's? This is the NEW breed of LEO and this is their approach to the situation. 99% of encounters I have had with LEO since about 1995 have had this same lecture component. Interesting coming from someone who doesn't know the law they are enforcing and the fact they were selected based on a subjective set up measures that usually require them to be compliant. Oh well FLAME ON....

todd2968
05-15-2010, 9:50 AM
There is a huge list of videos WHICH ONE

Tell the cop to try and do his job while leaving HIS gun at home.

demnogis
05-15-2010, 9:56 AM
I'm sure that LEO would be singing a different tune had he been the one getting shot at.

Crom
05-15-2010, 10:48 AM
He is guarding the border because no one else will.

Wrong. The border is patrolled. I went on patrol in February in Campo as a witness during a ride along. There are lots of patrol agents doing their jobs.

I seriously HATE how cops lecture citizens on how not to excersize their rights and how to be servents to cops unlawful wishes.

As best I can tell from the video the shirtless guy was advertising presumably to the general public that they should come and join him and bring their firearms. It is not clear from the video if he had made flyers or whatnot... That was the issue that the sheriff had. I agree that this would probably be a bad idea. Even the shirtless guy's buddy agreed that that can be a problem when they show up and they had been drinking. When you invite the general public all bets are off on what/who is going to show up.

If the shirtless guy invited all his friends through private correspondences then the sheriff would not have even been there.

I did think that the sheriff was a bit arrogant and I didn't like his tone, but I understood what he was saying.

jnojr
05-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Sadly, I see little to no financial backing or presence backing....and Gore is out front in the polls.

The polls never asked me.

I don't care if the polls say Gore 99% and La Suer 1% I'm voting for the right candidate, not the one I think is going to win.

GuyW
05-15-2010, 11:02 AM
This Deputy is obviously a Gore or Duffy supporter, not a LaSuer supporter.

Vote Gore or Duffy for more of the same....

CitaDeL
05-15-2010, 11:48 AM

My response; You first.

Anyone down on the border in those rural areas without a means of self defense is a fool inviting a premature departure from this world.

turbogg
05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
If I was going to deliberately put myself in harms way like that citizen, I would definitely be armed. Any other choice would be foolhardy, and suicidal.

davemak
05-15-2010, 12:00 PM
so what is the policy when says a minutemen sees someone illegally crossing the border? does he stop him physically? or just call border control?

PatriotnMore
05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I happen to know the gentleman in the video, the BP has no problem with his, and others help. They operate on a watch and report basis, not get physically involved. They are only armed in the event they are shot at, and they have been, for personal protection.

I am curious as to what authority he can tell them they cannot be armed?

yellowfin
05-15-2010, 12:49 PM
This further proves the point that anti gun cops are enemies of America, when you look at things for what they really are.

motorhead
05-15-2010, 6:03 PM
about the only time you won't get this advice in sd county is when hunting or at a range. otherwise, leave your guns at home. sdpd is much worse.

postal
05-15-2010, 7:18 PM
Even vallejo would tell him he could have pepper spray and a taser....

People may not agree with him, but he's got bigger brass ones than I do. I'd tip my hat if I wore one.

Doheny
05-15-2010, 7:19 PM
/\/\ Agreed.

wheels
05-15-2010, 8:44 PM
So that sheriff is in charge of somewhere around 2000 square miles. Big difference between being in charge and being in control.

I didn't really hear the Sheriff telling these guys they couldn't have guns, just that it wasn't a great idea.

There is another video in the favorites list supposedly showing someone shooting using NV. That's where these guys lose credibility....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrR8oqGeLo

Meplat
05-15-2010, 8:59 PM
I have spent some time on the border, in the Imperial desert, at night, alone. Don’t try it unarmed.

Eight O Clock
05-15-2010, 9:18 PM
There is another video in the favorites list supposedly showing someone shooting using NV. That's where these guys lose credibility....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmrR8oqGeLo

That video is a fake, its a hoax. It was being used by Amnesty International and all the other pro-illegal alien groups to make it appear that Minutemen were shooting illegal aliens.

Its not real. Dont fall for it.

wheels
05-15-2010, 10:05 PM
That video is a fake, its a hoax. It was being used by Amnesty International and all the other pro-illegal alien groups to make it appear that Minutemen were shooting illegal aliens.

Its not real. Dont fall for it.

Yeah - I got that - but PPPosse has it in his favorites - not good PR for his cause...

ned946
05-15-2010, 10:08 PM
The polls never asked me.

I don't care if the polls say Gore 99% and La Suer 1% I'm voting for the right candidate, not the one I think is going to win.

Oh, hell yes I'm a supporter. I've also donated money and time and space.

Go LaSuer!