PDA

View Full Version : Bullet button help

Jenyus
05-14-2010, 9:28 PM
newbe question. get a complete Noveske n4 lower, the bullet button will not release, it will not do anything. im trying to replace it but can seem to find a way to get it out. thanks for any help

Baxter
05-14-2010, 9:43 PM
Seems you have a maglock. The little hole is for an allen wrench. Turn to the left and you can remove mag lock and put in a bb.

telcolineman
05-14-2010, 9:57 PM
That is a Prince 50 mag lock, It takes a .035 allen wrench to back out the screw and drop the mag

Jenyus
05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
You guys are a big help. Thanks alot

CHS
05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
That's not a bullet button. That's a magazine lock.

You will have to top-load in order to use your rifle legally.

If you want a bullet button:
http://riflegear.com/p-58-bullet-button.aspx

Jokar2836
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Also another noob question about a bullet button. Does a bullet button stop the magazine at a certain point in the mag well as to a regular magazines release button allows you to load it all the way up into the action slot. The reason why im asking is i bought two magazines that are 10/20 mags and i have one mag that are just straight 10 rounds. I have not had a FTL with my 10 round but it seems that my action is grabbing the round from the top of my 10/20's magazine to be able to slide the round into the chamber. Hopefully i made sense in my description. BTW i ordered my bullet button from riflegear its that helps a bit. Thanks in advance.

CHS
05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Also another noob question about a bullet button. Does a bullet button stop the magazine at a certain point in the mag well as to a regular magazines release button allows you to load it all the way up into the action slot. The reason why im asking is i bought two magazines that are 10/20 mags and i have one mag that are just straight 10 rounds. I have not had a FTL with my 10 round but it seems that my action is grabbing the round from the top of my 10/20's magazine to be able to slide the round into the chamber. Hopefully i made sense in my description. BTW i ordered my bullet button from riflegear its that helps a bit. Thanks in advance.

Internal to the receiver, the bullet button changes nothing. It still works exactly like a standard magazine release. It doesn't prevent any type of magazine from being inserted.

If you're having issues with the 10/20 magazines, it's either the magazines or your receiver itself could be out of spec. But it won't be the bullet button.

NiteQwill
05-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Loading a magazine and allowing the bolt to slide forward SHOULD chamber a round.

Jokar2836
05-15-2010, 8:43 AM
Ok thanks for the quick help. I know it should chamber the round, but like i said its not for some reason. And im even smacking the bottem of the magazine to try to lock it up higher into the magwell.

abusalim81
05-16-2010, 3:57 AM
That's not a bullet button. That's a magazine lock.

You will have to top-load in order to use your rifle legally.

If you want a bullet button:
http://riflegear.com/p-58-bullet-button.aspx

YEAH! What he said...

neal0124
05-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok thanks for the quick help. I know it should chamber the round, but like i said its not for some reason. And im even smacking the bottem of the magazine to try to lock it up higher into the magwell.

Try putting one less round in the culprit magazine or load the mag with the bolt locked back. The converted mags may not allow enough room for the rounds to get compressed by the bcg when you insert the mag with the bolt in battery.

Cokebottle
05-16-2010, 12:42 PM
That is a Prince 50 mag lock, It takes a .035 allen wrench to back out the screw and drop the mag
NEGATIVE in California!!!!!!!!!

Back out the screw and you have created an assault weapon!

Disassemble the upper from the lower, back out the allen screw, depress the button, spin the mag catch out, remove the P50, throw it in the garbage, and install a modern bullet button.

Cokebottle
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Try putting one less round in the culprit magazine or load the mag with the bolt locked back. The converted mags may not allow enough room for the rounds to get compressed by the bcg when you insert the mag with the bolt in battery.
This

The 10/20 and 10/30 PMags are pretty well known for this.
There is just enough flex in the plastic feedlips that there have been many reports that it's possible to get an 11th round into the magazines. Later revisions made slight changes to "tighten them up" to prevent this from happening, with the result that the 10th round is in there very tightly and often does not allow the mag to properly seat when the bolt is not pulled back.

telcolineman
05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
NEGATIVE in California!!!!!!!!!

Back out the screw and you have created an assault weapon!

Disassemble the upper from the lower, back out the allen screw, depress the button, spin the mag catch out, remove the P50, throw it in the garbage, and install a modern bullet button.

I was not referring to dropping the mag at the range, Merely when the rifle is disassembled to install a regular bullet button. This was in no way a reference to making the rifle an AW

Cokebottle
05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I was not referring to dropping the mag at the range, Merely when the rifle is disassembled to install a regular bullet button. This was in no way a reference to making the rifle an AW
I know that's what you meant, but given the OP didn't recognize the P50 from the BB, I felt clarification was needed.

telcolineman
05-16-2010, 1:00 PM
Excellent point CB, Clarification is a good idea on this and many other topics here on CG