PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to help a newbie in Riverside?

valkylrie
05-14-2010, 5:23 PM
Yes I live in RiversideÖ
Years ago when I was much much younger I would hunt Squirrel and Rabbit with my Grandfather in Missouri, where he lived it was pretty much off the back porch. We ate everything we killed, my grandmother would fry up any fish we caught or anything we killed. Oh those were the days bless them both for their time and patience with me.
I have not hunted anything in so many years I donít know where to begin. I would like to do it again. Maybe Coyotes here, I donít know. I am looking for anyone who would not mind a noob tagging along and learning how itís done.
Yes I admit I donít know how to hunt. I can aim and pull a trigger, but hunting is another skill. Iíd like to experience and perhaps pass on to my kids.
Anyone willing in the Riverside Area?

PatriotnMore
05-15-2010, 7:15 AM
Hi there, I would be happy to give you an invite next time I head out. I only require one issue be strictly up held, gun safety.

Learning to hunt is mostly time spent in the field to perfect the techniques. Much of the techniques can be read about and learned on line, and on hunting forms such as http://www.jesseshunting.com/ is an excellent resource, and the owner participates here also.

Anyway, learn all you can from others in technique and strategy, then refine, and perfect your skills in the field.

Be in touch soon.

Yes I live in RiversideÖ
Years ago when I was much much younger I would hunt Squirrel and Rabbit with my Grandfather in Missouri, where he lived it was pretty much off the back porch. We ate everything we killed, my grandmother would fry up any fish we caught or anything we killed. Oh those were the days bless them both for their time and patience with me.
I have not hunted anything in so many years I donít know where to begin. I would like to do it again. Maybe Coyotes here, I donít know. I am looking for anyone who would not mind a noob tagging along and learning how itís done.
Yes I admit I donít know how to hunt. I can aim and pull a trigger, but hunting is another skill. Iíd like to experience and perhaps pass on to my kids.
Anyone willing in the Riverside Area?

spectr17
05-16-2010, 8:43 AM
valkylrie, we have a mentor and new hunter section on our forum that is working out real good where you can post your request for a mentor in your area. Make sure and put down what you are looking to hunt, how much experience etc.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/hunting-mentors-new-hunters-hook-up-here/